• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Game Dev FAQ, Rules and Notice

mattgcn

Fakemon Lurker
Years
FAQ for Pokemon Online

Where can I get it?
It's not out yet

Where can I see the progress
The site is currently closed down for new joiners, due to spammers and potentially Nintendo attacks, like the last PO.

Online, you say?
Yes, PO is an MMORPG type game, with features of all Pokemon games to be put in. Don't ask for current progress reports yet. I don't work for them, and I haven't seen the creator, Deathchill in ages.

How many games are planning to be built with it?
Currently that I know of, there's Pokemon Treasures, Pokemon Cyare, Pokegeneration and the official PO game.

I'll have more later. As I said, I don't work there, but for Pokemon Treasures.

愛Forgotten Angel愛

~*~Wind Swept~*~
Years
Because RPG Maker XP (RMXP) requires a crack to run, it is considered warez, and thus it is against the rules of PC to allow linking/distributing. Please do not Private Message people asking for it, or create threads asking for it. No more info can be given on this subject.

I don't really understand that. does that mean that you can't make threads about a game you are making if you are using RMXP?

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
I've updated the FAQ to include the new rules for new game threads so there can be no excuses for people who don't follow the rules.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 29, 2007
I'm a bit confused all the help topics or whatevers. Are they rm2k/3 or rmxp only? Also why is rm2k bette rfor making pokemon games than rm2k3. it's just exactly the same but with less features. how can that be better.

Years
I'm going to bump this thread with a little rant.

Lately I've seen quite a few recolors/edits etc of original and/or modified graphics that the authors allowed the public to use, such as the large RMXP tileset Fangking posted on here.
Personally I have nothing against recolors but please if you're going to recolor a graphic, do let people know who's graphics you edited. For example add a tag that says something like
"Character name
Recolored by username
Original graphic by username"

I don't know how everyone else feels about this subject, but I get pretty frustrated when all my hard work has gone to waste because alot of people recolor my work and forget to credit me for the original.

My request simply is, if possible to get a new rule added that protects any resources that people submit for public use.

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
I'm not against that kind of rule, but I think that kind of rule might be a bit hard to enforce. We might not know the actual source of the resource and things might get out of hand with people flaming each other over resources... Although that's probably just the worst case scenario. Let's wait for Dawson to post his thoughts, and then we'll discuss it.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
It's common courtesy really. If you're going to edit someone else's work, at least show them the respect they deserve and give them credit where credit is due. I can see why that'd get annoying and frustrating for the original authors.

I have no problem at all with adding a rule for that. It's basically stealing from the author, IMO. My opinion on enforcing it would be this:
If someone can prove that a resource has only been editted and credit hasn't been provided to the creator of that resource, the resource will be removed and that member will receive a formal warning. That's pretty much what happens in Home of the Sprites when someone is found stealing/editting/claiming someone's sprites as their own.

Kitsune_girl

I am ninja hear me roar!
Years
  • Age 34
  • Mew?
  • Seen Sep 1, 2008
Can someone please give me a link to download RPG maker 2000 that works? All the links that have been posted for me either don't work or I can't locate the actual download on them.

Back