• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Uprising: Fighting the Pokémon Extermination

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen May 2, 2009
Not really getting the information he needed, Kensai decided to go on and eat the food, so he and his scyther began eating breakfast while he planned what to do next.

I need to catch atleast one more pokemon atleast that way the two can train with each other and get some real battle experience under their belts... He thought to himself as he ate the food that was given to him. He had made up his mind, after he was done eating, he and Scyther would venture out to find a new pokemon for his team.

dream's-epilogue

Worthless
Years
Ikiji's consciousness returned, but his experience told him not to show it. He continued to feign unconsciousness as he listened for anyone nearby; when he was convinced he was alone, he slowly reached into his coat and withdrew the long, slender knife. He leapt to his feet and pressed himself against the wall, looking around.
It seems that no one had found him…or had they? It was possible that someone could be watching, waiting to see what his reaction would be when he awoke. He slowly re-sheathed the blade.
He sensed Matsuko hiding nearby, watching him, though he didn't know exactly where she was, and he didn't dare tell her to reveal herself yet. He ducked into an empty room, and slowly closed the door. He whispered, "Matsuko. Find those people, and listen in to what they say. If you can determine whether they're PXS or Uprising, come straight back to this room, okay?"
He couldn't see, but somehow, he knew she'd understood. Her presence vanished.
Ikiji walked over to the bed, and laid down. This was clearly someone else's room, but he didn't care. He was exhausted. Plus, there was no point in trying to leave now; it was already morning. He yawned, and closed his eyes, settling in for the first real nap he'd had in a very long time.
(ooc: whose room is this, I wonder? And what will its owner do when and if he/she finds Ikiji asleep in his/her bed? C'mon, work with me…I'm dyin' out here…)

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
Years
Charlie was shocked. His plan actually worked and his expression changed to one of bliss. He grabbed his bag, clutched Isabel's hand, and ran out the door with her still in his hand.

The air was cool and their pace was brisk. Charlie was bright red and as happy as could be. They rounded a corner and went up two blocks before turning again. Down an ally and through the city. Into a district and out of a shop into a square. The two went any place and any where throughout that town. They finally came to a stop.

There they were at the ice-cream parlor he had visited yesterday. Before them was a single park bench in front of a colossal fountain. The two sat down together on the bench.

"Isabel you've really made me feel better. I know it was just supposed to be a walk…" Charlie began while taking a pause and scratching his head bashfully.

"But I… I wanted show you this place. I was hear yesterday and it's so beautiful. I thought you'd like to see it with me… and it really has made me feel much better. You know Isabel, why don't we get some ice cream? My treat!" he continued with a wink and beckoning for Isabel to come to the door with him.

Mira

restless spirit
Years
Before she knew it, Charlie had grabbed her hand and pulled her outside. The icy air buffeted her uncovered face and cut into the scratches on her neck. Isabel shivered and put up her hood, zipping up her sweatshirt all the way to cover her neck and chin. Charlie continued to pull her around quickly, excitement clearly printed on his face.

Frosty Gorge was a beautiful place, but no matter where Isabel looked, she couldn't help but see the weaknesses. The walls indented sharply in some places while in others it was incredibly thin. There was very little support holding up the walls and they could really be knocked over at any place. Frosty Gorge might look formidable and cleverly hidden on the outside, but Isabel could tell that it clearly wouldn't be able to stand up to any sort of assault.

Finally, the two sat down on a park bench. Charlie looked as excited as ever.

"Isabel you've really made me feel better. I know it was just supposed to be a walk…" Charlie began, scratching his head bashfully. "But I… I wanted show you this place. I was hear yesterday and it's so beautiful. I thought you'd like to see it with me… and it really has made me feel much better. You know Isabel, why don't we get some ice cream? My treat!"

Charlie stood and opened the shop's door, offering to hold it open for her.

Just a walk... the words rang in Isabel's head. Now she knew undoubtably that she had seen this kind of behavior before, but it lingered just out of her reach.

Isabel stood and walked into the shop, giving Charlie a smile. The only way to figure it out would be to try and coax his thoughts out of him.

This was going to be a long day.

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
Years
The two walked into the parlor. He let Isabel order her cone first and when she left he ordered his double chocolate-chip cone. He paid for the two cones and exited the door with a ding. He sat next to Isabel and released his pokemon.

"That's one of the great things about a place like this. It's so far out of PSX control that people here can live a little more freely with pokemon" Charlie reassured her.

Munchlax was begging for Charlie's cone and Gulpin and Piloswine were chasing each other around the fountain. The pokemon were all like Charlie's children. Charlie was in such a state of leisure that his mind began to wander until he came upon something soothing to him.

"Look Isabel!" he shouted at her and pointing to her the sight. Two children where dancing with a set of twin Pichus. "Isabel, isn't this what we're fighting for? A world of true peace where pokemon and humans may co-exist. This what I fight for" he continued taking a pause to drift off again.

"I love this mountain and the way these children live, so free from all these bad things. I know my life was never perfect nor was yours, but I would simply love it if this was the way children could grow up. This is what I like best about this small planet. Ya know what I mean?" he finished with the smile as he watched all the pokemon roam around.

Mira

restless spirit
Years
(OOC: gleh... this is turning into a romance RP XD Don't worry, it won't be too long...)

A world of true peace where pokemon and humans may co-exist.

Isabel looked over at Charlie, her mouth open slightly in disbelief.

David... Isabel thought, shaking her head slowly.

What Charlie had said... How he was acting... It was all so familiar. He had just said said exactly what David had told her so long ago. Charlie was acting just like she did around David. But that would have to mean that...

"Charlie," Isabel said sharply, meeting the boy's eyes intently. "Do you think you're in love with me?!"

DaVici

DeEmpo
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Oct 29, 2021
Charlie turned around when he saw Isabel, she had a cut on her neck, but she seemed ok.

"Hey, anyone know who our mystery chef is!" yelled someone.

Vic turned around and saw Kez. When he looked back at Charlie, he was away.
"I hadn't to expect more...", sighted Vic.

He turned around, looking for other members he knew... "Kez!" yelled Vic,"Can you tell me what happened? And is the intruder catched?"

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
Years
"Isabel" he sighed. "I don't really know how I feel, but maybe... You're all I can think of lately. I even tried kissing a plate of breakfast 'cause it reminded me of you. I've never really felt this way before. Sure I've loved someone before, only my parents, but was I too young to feel it?" Charlie continued while watching the pokemon play around. Charlie's face was red and his tone was collected. Charlie's emotions confused him.

"Isabel, have you ever loved someone? Do you know what it feels like?" Charlie asked after a moments pause. Charlie's heart was beating slow and it began to snow. The snow didn't feel as bad as he thought it would. It was soothing, almost comforting, as if it were taking pity upon his emotions. Could this be love?

OOC: Yeah Mira and I are sorry for the Romance >.<

Mira

restless spirit
Years
Isabel looked down at the snow-covered ground. She thought back to David. How easily he held everything together. How strong he was. How much he loved his Pokemon and all Pokemon. How he had stayed back to allow the remaining Uprising members to escape.

How much she had loved him.

"Yes Charlie, I have loved someone," Isabel said in a low voice.

She looked up and met Charlie's eyes, the pain of recalling her emotions toward David plain on her face. She didn't want to hurt Charlie, but this had to stop. He couldn't love her.

"And I still do," she whispered.

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
Years
Charlie's heart froze as the flurry stung harder. It was pitying him. She could never love him and tears swelled from his heart.

"I understand" Charlie replied in a raspy voice. "If you don't mind can you make these moments last just little bit longer..." he continued as tears filled his eyes.

Charlie wanted to run and all he wanted was crashing. A feeling of emptiness closed around him. "Can you please come with me" he said at last.

The clouds grew dark overhead and the children's parents rush them into the house with thier pokemon. Charlie just stood just in front of the bench still with a gloomy face beckoning for Isabel. He wanted just a little more pleasure before he sunk into despair.

Mira

restless spirit
Years
Isabel looked up at Charlie. He was taking it really hard... Isabel just wished he could have worked through his emotions before it got this far.

Isabel nodded and stood, walking with Charlie through Frosty Gorge once more. He was just a kid. He shouldn't have to go through something like this...

"Look Charlie," Isabel said quietly, keeping her gaze fixed forward. "I'm screwed up. I have killed, I have tortured, and I will stop at nothing to reach my goal. I have blood on my hands, Charlie. I'm much older than I look because of what I've been through and seen. I'm not someone you want to get attached to, because I might not be around for long."

Years
  • Seen May 2, 2009
The meal given to Kensai was surprisingly good, but he wasn't about to admit it. When he Finished eating, he and his partner Scyther went back to their room to prepair for their journey to Catch some new Pokemon. As per usual he wouldnt be asking anyone to come along with him, he prefered to be alone. He grabbed a change of warm clothes and the few pokeballs he had and put them in his backpack. Next he reached under his pillow and pulled out a uniquely shapped dagger and stuck it on his side. He didn't know how long he would be gone so he went to the kitchen to grab some food to take along on the Journey.

There were still people in the room eating. Ignoring them all, Kensai went to the cabnet and began looking for some food that wouldn't rot on the journey. Finding a few things including a loaf of bred, some poptarts, and granola. He put all of these in his backpack then went and found a water bottle and filled it with water. He also put this in his pouch and took a look around at everyone while he thought about what else he might need for his journey.

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
Years
"Like I said I understand" Charlie repeated just as desolate. That hole was swallowing Charlie from the inside. He trudged through the snow ahead of Isabel. He still wanted to hold her hand, but couldn't. His body had shut itself down.

The snow began falling harder and Charlie paid it no mind. Regardless of how much snow fell, he kept walking and listening to Isabel's footsteps behind him. Snow began to pile up so much that is shoulders were made of it and the path ahead was barely visible. It was a snowstorm and Charlie didn't care.

"Isabel hurry up. In this wheather you might die" he replied back to her placing some emphasize on the die, however, he wasn't joking, this was a powerful blizzard that shook all of the surrounding houses.

In the end what would Charlie do if something happened to her now...

Wolf in the Rain

BACK???????????
Years
Chris shuddered as another cold wind blew past his and Greg. Ashi had abandoned them, and they hadn't seen anyone at all. He could only guess that maybe that one man was sent to cause distraught among the members of the Uprising, in which case he had done fairly well.

"Hey Chris," Greg said, interrupting Chris' train of thought. "That guy... do you know who he is? Or what he wanted with Isabel?"

Chris took a deep breath, trying to shut out the cold before replying between chattering teeth. "Yeah. He was probably a bounty hunter of some sort. They're after us all of the time. My guess was that he was after the bounty or something" Chris shrugged. "Just get used to it, you'll see a few after you in a bit." Chris joked and The Totodile still on his shoulder chuckled too, however, Sakura, Chris' Pikachu sighed. Suddenly an amazing smell came from the Pokecenter, causing Chris' mouth to water. "Smells like breakfast. Lets go inside, it's getting colder anyways." Chris said, heading to the Pokecenter for breakfast.

Mira

restless spirit
Years
"No, Charlie. You don't understand."

Isabel gripped his shoulders and pulled him back behind a building, using it to shelter them from the storm. She looked him over, unsure how to feel.

"You don't know what it's like to have a warrant on your head," Isabel said, her emotions taking over and her hands constricting around the boy's shoulders. "You don't know what it's like waking up to someone holding a knife to your throat and a gun to your Pokemon. You've never had to act strong for a group of people when you knew, you knew that everything was falling apart!"

"You have no right to talk to me like that, Charlie," Isabel released him and stepped back. "Not when you have no idea who I even am."

(OOC: Isabel's referring to Shadow Valley when she talks about everything falling apart.)

dream's-epilogue

Worthless
Years
"Matsuko. Find those people, and listen to what they say. If you can determine whether they're PXS or Uprising, come stright back to this room, okay?"

Matsuko nodded, then realized Ikiji couldn't see her. She backed up through the vents and to a junction, where she stood and stretched. She went prone again, and squeezed into another duct. It was a tight fit, but she managed to get through.

She worked her way along for a time ,but then the smell of food caught her. Sniffing, she followed the scent to a particular vent. Looking through, she saw a kitchen, filled with delicious-smelling food. A platter on one table looked particularly good, and her mouth started to water. She looked at the people in the room. They were absorbed in conversation. She could sneak over and swipe a bit...it would be easy...

She shook her head. No, get it together, Matsuko. You have a job to do.

Suddenly, a woman entered the room, and walked over to another woman, whom Matsuko recognized as the one from the room earlier, the one with the knife injury. The newcomer spoke.

"Excuse me? My name's Tabby, and this is my vulpix, Kyndle. I want to join the Uprising."

Uprising! Matsuko's ears perked up. She concentrated on the two, and focused intently on the woman's response.

"If you know what you're getting into, I'd be happy to have you join our cause."

Matsuko had to fight a victorious smile. Now she knew for a fact that this was the Uprising headquarters. Not only that, but joining was as simple as walking up to the leader and asking! She hurried back to the room as fast as she could.

Ikiji was asleep. Just her luck. She managed to get the vent open, and ran over to him. She shook him, but he didn't stir. She called loudly, but he still didn't respond. Frustrated, she built up a powerful charge, placed a paw on his leg, and released it. Ikiji let out a choked cry, then promptly fell out of the bed. Once he recovered, he rounded on her.

"Can't you think of a less painful way to wake someone up?!"

Ignoring him, she delivered her message. Ikiji was startled, but not unpleasantly. "It's...really that easy? Huh...go figure..."

He headed for the door, and got ready to go to the kitchen, where the leader supposedly was. Suddenly, he heard a vague noise, and looked for the source. He heard it again, and realized it was his radio. He removed it, and realized with a start that it was still set on "intercept."

And it was getting a signal.

He fiddled with the frequency, and made out part of the message.

"....secon....rosty Gor....Upris..........PXS.....ssin captu........ssault...."

He almost dropped the radio. He opened the door and dashed for the kitchen. This was bad.

The PXS knew where they were. And they were on their way.

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
Years
"I TOLD YOU I UNDERSTAND!" Charlie screamed with tears rushing down the side of his face.

"Your not the only one whose had problems. Both my parents died at the age of ten I had to support myself by taking his place as HEAD CHEF. I was in charge of EVERYONE! Do you know how many people wished to be me? The truth was I HATED IT! Everyone would always pull pranks on me 'cause they were jealous so I finally left to find my relatives here. Guess what! THEY'RE NOW MY ENEMIES! If what that cop-guy said was true about the government and PSX working together then that means my grandparents are PSX agents. Do you know what kind of people they are? My grandfather is a buff military general and my grandmother is an excellent chemist. If they had visited you last night, you WOULD be dead right now... and so would I. Now please Isabel you've already hurt me once, let me be" he shouted at Isabel darkly and breaking away from her grasps to run through the snow.

The snow was now at its strongest and Charlie still didn't care even though this one was most severe.

Mira

restless spirit
Years
Isabel sighed. As much as she was troubled, she couldn't just let him go off in the snow. It was coming down harder than ever now and it could be... deadly.

"Flareon, let's go," Isabel muttered.

Flareon materialized out of a red beam, her coat glowing as heat radiated off of it.

"We have to catch up to that boy up ahead," Isabel sighed. That boy really knew how to get her carefully monitored emotions out in the open.

Flareon began taking up a brisk pace, guiding Isabel through the snow. Isabel saw Charlie's form up ahead and caught up to him, grabbing onto his arm and pulling him back around a building. The snow was raging now, tearing furiously at anything and everyone unlucky enough to be caught outside.

"Now's not the time," Isabel growled when Charlie tried to pull away. "Lock yourself in a room, hide in the basement, decide not to talk to me ever again. Fine! But right now we have to get back to the Pokemon Center before we're buried alive."

Isabel held Charlie's hand down against Flareon's back and they made their way forward back into the snow.

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
Years
"Isabel... why? Why do you still care about me... don't you have someone?" he Charlie uttered from behind. He was forced into clutching the Flareon.

"Thank you... I suppose" he muttered after some thought. They had made some progress in order to get the pokemon center and all was calm through out the path they took. The snow began to continuously pile.

"PLOOSH!" a large ball of snow sounded as they made passage and just after Charlie had spoken. Gigantic balls of snow were speeding down. If they were hit it would be the end.

"Isabel you do know if we're hit it's the end, right? I'm sorry, but know's the time for me to take charge! Piloswine drive us out of the snow!" Charlie shouted.

The Piloswine emerged out of the pokeball at Charlie's side and Charlie hopped on it.

"Isabel, I'm sorry for how I feel! Please come on! If the bombardments continue, you'll die" Charlie shouted at Isabel and reached out a hand towards her.

Mira

restless spirit
Years
Isabel took his hand and was lifted onto the Piloswine's back.

"Flareon, you can hold your own, right?" Isabel called.

"Flare!" Flareon barked.

"Watch Piloswine's back! Make sure we don't get hit by anything!" Isabel instructed.

Piloswine plowed forward through the snow, Flareon close behind, flaming any snowballs that rolled near them.

"Charlie," Isabel said in his ear. "I care about you, I really do. Just not in the way you want me to. But that doesn't mean I don't want you to be safe. You're a part of the team, Charlie. We work together to keep one another safe, no matter what."

Isabel looked around as the snow continued to fall. If they didn't make it to safety soon, Frosty Gorge's weather would do PXS's job for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back