• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Foreshadows of Hoenn [M][OOC]

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
Years
Name: Dante

Sex: Male

Appearance: His hair is a dark brown done in a high fade, with stubbles of facial hair along his face, light blue eyes and a serious expression. Judging from his size, people underestimate him. Standing only 5'6, fairly skinny, yet well-toned. He wears a tan T-shirt, dark brown pants, tan boots, a darkened IBA (Interceptor Body Armor), a tan patrol cap and black-shadded eye-pro (eye protection, looks like sunglasses)

Personality: Discipline. That's what it takes to be a soldier. He's always been a well disciplined soldier. Doing whatever tasks his superiors told him to do without question. It proved to work, since he was 20, and already a Corporal, a junior NCO. Though as the years went on, he started to care less about dicipline, the war never seeing end, the purpose of fighting being unclear. From the stress of war, he found a taste in chewing tabacco as a stress reliever. One addiction he's not proud to have, but regardless, won't give it up. He just waits for the day that this war ends, that way he can go back home to Kanto.

He prefers to work either alone or in a small squad, but doesn't deny the extra help when offered. When not in combat, he's really relaxed and easy to get along with. Sarcasm is to be expected when around him. Also beer. Lots of beer. But that's expected with any soldier.

History: Still need to PM.

Specialization: Just your basic 11B. Infantry. A soldier is all he wanted to be.

Preferred Weapon: He prefers the M16A4, over the AK-47. No scopes, just iron sights, as he prides himself on his marksmanship. Just an occasional PEQ-15 lazer sight when he's feeling lazy.

Other: (In Real life, I actually do serve as a ordnance soldier in the US Army, so please excuse appriviations and terms I tend to use that others might not be tracking.)

Fenne-kun

//TheEternalSushi
Years
War Between Pokémon and Humans: Foreshadows of Hoenn [M][OOC]

Also, GS has a really interesting question there.

Oh question: Can the humans have any pokemon to themselves whatsoever? Since they came from another peaceful land occupied by pokemon and other trainers.

Really debatable. There are loyal Pokemon that would still help their trainers/soldiers despite knowing that there are up to 'no good'. There are always exceptions, so why are all of them automatically moving into the tribes to fight against their past companions? This can be a possible plot hole, Menon (deep impact if yew don't know). :P I expect you to fix it~

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
Also, GS has a really interesting question there.

Oh question: Can the humans have any pokemon to themselves whatsoever? Since they came from another peaceful land occupied by pokemon and other trainers.

Really debatable. There are loyal Pokemon that would still help their trainers/soldiers despite knowing that there are up to 'no good'. There are always exceptions, so why are all of them automatically moving into the tribes to fight against their past companions? This can be a possible plot hole, Menon (deep impact if yew don't know). :P I expect you to fix it~

No. Rather not have exceptions since it tends to get out of hand later on d:

A human wouldn't fight for the Pokemon. Since we're making Pokemon to be actually smart enough to fight back here let's not make them stupid enough to fight against their own kind. The Caerulus and Ruber Tribe are something else because they have a deep-rooted hatred for each other since the Great War.

Fenne-kun

//TheEternalSushi
Years
No. Rather not have exceptions since it tends to get out of hand later on d:

A human wouldn't fight for the Pokemon. Since we're making Pokemon to be actually smart enough to fight back here let's not make them stupid enough to fight against their own kind. The Caerulus and Ruber Tribe are something else because they have a deep-rooted hatred for each other since the Great War.

I suppose that's one way out of it xD Then again, look at Ash and his Pikachu. They wouldn't fight against each other now would they? d: Either way I accept your excuse explanation. >:3

Aghh I missed seeing everyone. Memories are flowing in omg D:

What kind of memories? xD

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
I suppose that's one way out of it xD Then again, look at Ash and his Pikachu. They wouldn't fight against each other now would they? d: Either way I accept your excuse explanation. >:3

What kind of memories? xD

Oh come on not Ash and his Pikachu in a serious RP like this. xD Their whole concept is so kiddish. xP

Fenne-kun

//TheEternalSushi
Years
Good point. XD //pushes Ash off the cliff

This is probably the most crowded (and new) RP of the year. 1000 views in just a day or two...guys...

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
@Fenne-Kun: Let's not jinx it xD

Anybody who wants to catch up with the old war? xD Well, here you go.

Beware, a few epicly crappy posts there d:

Now let's see who's missing from the original... Elite Killer, JumboShrimp, Arcaray, Aura Rift, ElectricScyther, Xilfer123, Diamond1304 and of course, Supervegeta.

WELL. I still hope Elite Killer, Xilfer and Supervegeta join. xD

Pfft I completely missed Kyrul in between. Reserved for humans! That makes it 5 now. Also, we need a leader for the humans.

Fenne-kun

//TheEternalSushi
Years
Oh wow. Nostalgia attack here we go -reads for the 7th time-. Do you have the link of War II? I kinda wanna read and analyse how it failed. Also I can't help but realize that we're kinda following Odyssey's 'pattern'. Good first, second failed, third is a remake-ish comeback.... xD

Humans aren't elected right? It's chosen from the start, if memory serves me right XD Just making sure. Also, I'm pretty sure this would be too hectic for Supervegeta :P

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
Oh wow. Nostalgia attack here we go -reads for the 7th time-. Do you have the link of War II? I kinda wanna read and analyse how it failed. Also I can't help but realize that we're kinda following Odyssey's 'pattern'. Good first, second failed, third is a remake-ish comeback.... xD

Humans aren't elected right? It's chosen from the start, if memory serves me right XD Just making sure. Also, I'm pretty sure this would be too hectic for Supervegeta :P

War II? Here you go.

And yes, humans have a leader from the start, and that's what we need. xp

Fenne-kun

//TheEternalSushi
Years
NO. SET UP A COUNCIL OF FIFTY PEOPLE OR SOMETHING SO EVERYTHING WOULD BE DECIDED WITH VOTES. //shot

Fenne-kun

//TheEternalSushi
Years
Question - How far fetched can battle tactics be? As this is an RP, there's a lot of possibilities when it comes to plotting an attack. How would we know if we can do ____ or not?

StinkomanFan

The Thing with Questionable Taste
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 3, 2015
Finished editing the sign-up, tell me if you want anything more to it.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
First War, I already miss it! Too bad it ended too quickly. I seriously hope this one will repeat its success!

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
>"@xLegionXx: Reserved as a human. Welcome back to war!"
Thank you sir! Glad to be back!

I'll try to get something done on my SU tues. I'm kind of emotionally everywhere right now, so it'll be better if I leave that alone till I can think straight.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
Okay, good news guys, my exams are almost over (only got an English one left on Wednesday... but who needs to study for that?) and so my activity will be boosted. Expect the RP to start as soon as we get humans!

Anywho...

@StinkomanFan: The changes are good enough. Accepted!

@Heretostay123: Your history, too, is okay now. Accepted!

@True Epicness: Sure, go ahead, I have no problems with that. xD

@Fenne-kun: As crazy as you can make them. xD As long as they're possible. Just to make sure though, there are just a couple of facts to make sure plans fit according to this world (note though these are only for the beginning, these will change over the course of the RP)-

The Pokemon will do ANYTHING to protect their "religious" point of views. Whether it means attacking other Pokemon or humans.

Both Tribes hate each other a lot more than they hate humans, so they are more likely to attack each other than fight against humans.

Humans know nothing about this region, so unless they explore they cannot attack unknown settlements/towns.

Of course, these rules only apply to NPCs, and not actual characters. xD

Back