• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Pokémon Type would you most want to protect you

Moltres Rider

Banned
Years
I have made a few Pokémon protection threads in the past. those have been around long enough know I have three or four since 2010. my belief is that Pokémon are the BEST protection in the world due to their strength. ranging from Legendary Pokémon, to just Pokémon and largest Pokémon you want to protect you...

now I got another one...

What Pokémon Type would you most want to protect you? please list one type (primary type) so no Dragon/Ice or anything like that... if you have multiple types you'd like to protect you list them all separately...

me, I'd like a Dragon Type Pokémon to protect me. even before Pokémon, I always wanted a dragon protector

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Dragon seems like a good protector actually. They are strong, mostly. But I don't know if I could name a specific type that I think would be better at protecting me (or anything else for that matter). It's more based on the species, imo.

However, I could see how Water types would be good protectors. If anything came too close, they could just blast it away with Hydro Pump or Surf. A Blastoise as a protector would probably keep you safe against most things.

nitemate

Don't play Pokemon anymore ...
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 17, 2014
i want a ghost type Pokemon so that it could scare others away if they try to bother me.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 28, 2013
Yeah Dragon type pokemon are pretty Epic..Someone messes with you and you're all like "Salamence use Dragon Rage" That's Bad-ass

But Me? I prefer Dark Type Pokemanz..I mean c'mon Darkrai..Shadow Ball you outta' my way

Years
I think a Psychic type Pokemon would make a pretty good form of protection. It should be able to sense any danger well before it occurs, which would really put my mind at ease.

A Fire type may not be a bad idea, either, as they could just singe anyone or anything that tried to harm me.

BubbleBeams

Defeating Champions Since 1999
Years
  • Age 34
  • Iowa
  • Seen Oct 26, 2021
I'd probably have to go with Electric.

Getting shocked really sucks, I'd hate to feel what actually being full-blown electrocuted feels like. Certainly wouldn't want to mess with someone if they had an electric type hanging out with them.

Poison would also be good too because, well... who wants to run the risk of getting poisoned, right? lol

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
For me, normal types would be the best helpers for me. They can learn variety of attacks from other types. I could have a normal type helper that would know normal attack, electric attack, dark attack, and an ice attack.

For me, water types would also help out. I love water, like swimming, keep me hydrated. So if I couldn't have a normal type helper then water would work out too.

Sirfetch’d

Steel because they are normally good defensively and seem like they would be a good wall of protection!

Years
Mine would have to be a dragon type, and to be specific, a Dragonite. It's cute, it can be intimidating so no one would wanna mess with you, it's strong, can fly, can protect me, score girls, awesome high fives and I will love it for ever! Dragonite awaaaaay!

Nakala Pri

Electric time. It would be a Pikachu, since self-sacrifice basically is it's deal. :P It could shock anyone I want and if worst came to worst... possibly injure... heh heh heh... I never forget a face... >:D

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
A ghost type. That way, if a human were to threaten me, the ghost would acts as a shield, the human would just phase right through unaffected, and I'd still get hurt.

Just kidding. A ghost could frighten or possess the person into leaving me alone. But I would actually just choose a psychic type. They could create a force field, or teleport me when I'm in danger. Furthermore, it should be able to subdue threats without injuring or permanently scarring them.

Back