• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Snowpoint Temple

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Snowpoint_Temple.png

In Snowpoint City, at the northern side of the town, past people treading through snow, the Move Tutor's houses and many more sights, lies an old-looking temple. This is Snowpoint Temple, a place which can only be accessed after the National Dex. If you try and enter before receiving your National Dex, the lady guarding at the front will simply not let you in and push you away.

However once she does let you enter, you'll find sets of challenging puzzles,rare items and some new Pokemon to catch. At the bottom of the temple, lies a statue of a giant creature known as Regigigas, which you can only face after collecting the three Regis and having them in your party with you!
images

So what did you think of the temple? Did you find the puzzles tricky or simply a waste of time? What did you think about the wild Pokemon there? Did you find catching Regigigas at Level 70 in D/P but at Level 1 in Platinum a ripoff? Anything else you want to add about the temple? And without further ado, discuss!

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I didn't really care for this place. I didn't find it very interesting and they made it a lot less interesting in Platinum by making the Regigias level 1 instead of 70. There wasn't a reason for that, was there? I know there was a Regigigas even given at TRU (I think it was TRU) but not everybody could get that, myself included. So it was a bit of a slap in the face to people that didn't have TRU nearby. Or wifi, if that was a wifi event. I know some people still don't have that.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I never bothered with Regigigas; its ability really kills its usefulness. That, and I was too lazy to transfer my Regis from R/S/E.

Years
Was excited when I finally got to the bottom of the temple and saw Regigigas, but found it was one of the more difficult ice puzzles I can remember from any game. After going through all that trouble, I was quite disappointed to find I couldn't even battle it without having all the other Regis. Needless to say, I never managed to get all three of the Regis to my Platinum, so I didn't bother going back to Snowpoint Temple after that.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I would have loved a much more deeper backstory to it, and a much larger complex instead of a few rooms with an ice puzzle that we've already seen done before. I was hoping for something fresh, new and innovative, and all I got was a re-used puzzle with a level 1 Regigigas. Not very interesting for me! 8(

Last edited:

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I have no way of getting the other 'Gigas, so that was about worthless for me. It was also quite a disappointment when I finally made it to the bottom, only to find that I can't catch what's there.

I guess it can be good for training Pokemon, though, considering the levels of the Pokemon here.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
I was expecting something a little more interesting that what we got. After catching Regigigis there was no point in returning to it.

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
I liked it. Wasn't the best thing I've ever explored, but it was cool being able to visit it after beating the elite four and having the chance to battle/catch Regigigas. Pretty much any location that gets unlocked after the E4 and features a legendary is a cool addition to me, so I enjoyed going through the temple.

Ace.

Love Yourself
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 29, 2015
Well, I didn't really bothered to check that place out or nor I cared since you had to have Regice, Regirock, and Registeel to find Regigas. And since it was level 1 I didn't bother to even get it since the game was already done and I wouldn't waste my time training that Pokemon. c;

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
I thought it could've done with a bit more backstory and maybe a bit more difficult puzzle.But overall i liked the place, a mysterious temple in the middle of blizzard country.But the only thing i didn't like was you needed to have a Regigigas in order to wake the sleeping one which is just ridiculous.

Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2016
It just seemed 'there' for the sake of it in my opinion.

I always felt it could have been a cool back story. Probably included to promote migration from Pal Park. The three Regis themselves are however available in Platinum via an event, interestingly.

Back