• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Hack of the Year] Discussions - 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Super Rising Thunder was a great hack this year. It wasn't a simple edit, it had new outerworld sprites, an actual story line in correct English (yeah the intro was a bit long but you know, set up and such). Puzzles and new worlds and even has floor traps, I don't even know HOW that was possible. If anything SRT should win because of how new and different it is compared to other hacks.

PokemonMasters

Always Remember Forever&After
Years
I agree with LP being 2nd every year until it wins. But It's sad that rom hacking is slowly dying. There used to be so much people here. It's sad that now that rom hacking has advanced, more people stopped :/

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
I agree with LP being 2nd every year until it wins. But It's sad that rom hacking is slowly dying. There used to be so much people here. It's sad that now that rom hacking has advanced, more people stopped :/

Slowly dying, what? In PC's hack showcase specifically, maybe. I still see it going strong personally.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
I'm extremely surprised at the number of ties there were in the nomination round this year. I know that there have been hacks that got the same number of votes in the past, but on this scale it is completely unheard of. I mean, only Graphical Appeal has no ties what-so-ever while Most Engaging is completely full of them and there's even five thirds in Mapping.

Oh well, that's how everybody's votes panned out. C'est la vie.

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
Great to see Lilac, Crystaldust, and Dark Energy get something, even if not first.

Also, I was quite surprised about the ties too. I wonder if it's because not very many stuck in PC's minds this year. For some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back