• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Connectivity Features Speculation

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
I wanted to bring this up, since at the beginning of the "big reveal" Pikachu was basically "electrocuting" the Earth...

Do you think this, along with simultaneous releases, means that we can look forward to bigger, more complex ways to connect to other players around the world? Or maybe even just in our vicinity? Is there anything specific you'd like to see?

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Nintendo Network Speculation

Knowing that we've already heard about the announcement of Pokémon X and Y. I wonder what kind of connectivity on Nintendo Network would you like to see? It could be anything from online battles, trading and even communicating.

Personally I think there'll be randomized battles making a return...

Will the random battles make a return? Please discuss about it. ^^

If there is already a thread similar to this (knowing that I've looked hard enough using the search function), could any staff member please either merge this or close this thread, thanks!

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
Years
It would be cool if one of the streetpass functions allowed you to put up a Pokemon (or egg) to swap with someone else, similar to Kid Icarus's weapon swap.

KazukoHimura

"I guess I'm just a bit hungry..."
Years
Right now I'm just grateful that with it being 3DS, it'll work with WPA encryption. But then again, if it does streetpass, I'm screwed as well, since most people with DS's in my area are little kids playing games based off cartoons :/

However, I think maybe we can expand on existing features as well.

Shubshub

Master of The Y
Years
Maybe a Co-Op Mode?
Or Perhaps a Mode where you can Visit random trainer's Worlds Kinda like an enhanced version of the Feature in Dragon Quest 9

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

I want Random's back! I'd love not having to get on the computer every time I want to have a randbat!

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
More than likely... it's going to use StreetPass for random transfers. And of course, it's bound to use Nintendo Network for Downloadable Content and online battling and trading. As well as possibly connecting to Pokémon Global Link, that is if it's confirmed for Pokémon X and Y.

Yep, it's very likely to mean that you no longer have to use game specific Friend Codes anymore, it's all on the one Friend Code on your Nintendo 3DS system.

It's something I'm definitely looking forward to. ;)

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
SpotPass + StreetPass = Love

Imagine being able to do stuff like the ol' record mixing via StreetPass? If there's stuff like secret hideouts, they could finally show up without even needing to go to a room!

SpotPass = death of Mystery Gift.

And, because it's on the 3DS, it's gotta have Nintendo Network. What does this mean? Could it mean that we don't need to give away more than one friend code per game? Does it mean that we could use a Nintendo Network ID instead? (I'd hope so.)

Does it mean… DLC?

Everything Jake has said are things I hope for and believe are true. I'll just end up having my 3DS in my pocket at work and StreetPass everyone who has theirs :3

BLOOOD-La-ti-

This is the place to try!
Years
Maybe,both streetpass and Wi-fi have the same features,
if only they knew they would do that.
I hope that everything is not Streetpass,only some ppl in my country have a 3ds.

davyddhowardii

Pokemon World Champion
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 17, 2013
pokemon x and y: trade from other generation

Has anyone found out if were able to trade from other generations. If so im sure itll be pokemon bw2 or the pokemon 3d pokedex pro

blue

gucci
Years
There's been no confirmation but I can imagine you would be able to transfer Pokemon from DPPTHGSSBWB2W2 using some in-game method.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Probably, like most other games, you can transfer but not trade. One-way giving Pokemon from BWB2W2 to XY, with no returning of Pokemon. Trading is impossible with new Pokemon being introduced - the code for the Pokemon are not present in the older games.

Not sure how you can trade from a Pokedex though....

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned or seen this, but, I've read from various articles that it's been clarified from Japanese sources that there will also be an in-game online presence, or possibly one that gathers online data and still uses it when offline, called 'Real Play'.

People around the world will be able to simultaneously experience 'Real Play'. The game uses an innovative communication system that makes it feel as if you are playing with other players around the world.

Well, even if it's just a rumor, or not, I'm still kinda confused about that; does that mean we can actually 'travel' with people all over the world, like it was a multiplayer online game? Or.. does that kind of mean that we can gather save files from other players?

HaiImNate

Ice Cream
Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2013
Yes, I believe that more new and complex trading methods will be in X and Y. I believe that we will be able to do more on wifi and that we will be able to do things with people on our friends list that have the game. I believe that Streetpass and spotpass will be really helpful in this as well. :)

jov0006

Beygimon! Gotta let it rip!
Years
Online?

In the announcement trailer we saw a person running after the male trainer. Is there a possibility that that pokemon x and y is an mmorpg. If so, I would still like a regular offline mode. What aee your opinions.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
In the announcement trailer we saw a person running after the male trainer. Is there a possibility that that pokemon x and y is an mmorpg. If so, I would still like a regular offline mode. What aee your opinions.

Its an NPC tag battle most likely. They had people able to follow you in various areas of Gen 4 and 5.

Years
  • Seen Feb 12, 2013
Online Players In Your Game

I've always wanted to have pokemon interaction with friends. What if your friends on the 3DS were actually in your game, similar to the underground in dp, however walking around doing their own thing in the same area as you? You could battle, trade, and talk over microphone with your friends that are playing pokemon at the same time! What do you think?

Back