• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Road to the Indigo Plateau (OOC Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arumus

Insert user title here..
Years
Can I get my name beside the "current pokemon" on your first post changed from Ian M. to Ian O'Connor?

M. is my middle name, and everyone else here has their last name beside their first name.

Well that was probably a mistake, one little detail..

Jebees: For Eevee, I expect the sign-up to compare to everyone elses in terms of quantity, alright read through. The post sample isn't enough, but I'll let that slide like Baby Cinda's.

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
Name: Diego Johansen
Personality: Diego is polite, sometimes rash, and energetic, too. When things go wrong, or something huge just happened, he says, "Crap!" or, "Oh crap!" He sometimes can be a bit depressing, but generally is optimistic. He's impatient, has random spasms of random actions, and is bored easily if his face isn't glued to a PC monitor, a TV set, or a book. Because of his tendency to work on and fix the nearest broken computer and then work on making his video game on it, doing stuff that his classmates can't comprehend, he's called "nerdy" and "smartacle", to which he responds with, "Thanks for the compliment!" Sometimes, he is caught on the computer at night, to which he gets grounded for and can barely survive the rest of the week of being grounded. When it's not a school day, he gets on the computer early in the morning and forgets to eat breakfast. He tends to be a bit of a scatterbrain at times, and he's always a scatterbrain when it comes to chores or something of the sort. With the day to get his Pokémon finally here, he got to be even more of a scatterbrain and has to come back home for his backpack. He always had the ability to bond extremely well with Pokémon, especially with Psychic types and Fire types. When he can't remember something, he either bangs his head on a wall, or asks the person, if any, what they said, constantly annoying anyone around him. If something's not organized, he goes and tries to organize it, unless it's his computer desk.

Appearance: Diego is tall (5' 4") and a little skinny (100 pounds), and has a moderate tan. There's a birthmark on his forehead which he can make purple. He has short brown hair (which he forgets to comb), and skinny arms. His trademark clothes are a purple t-shirt and khaki shorts, with flip-flops. When you look at Diego for five minutes, you'll see him with a hunched back at first, then he'll remember and straighten out his back. Then, he slowly droops back down, and the process starts again. He has brown eyes and has size 7 feet. When people look at him, they never know what to make of him.

History: Diego grew up in Goldenrod City, Johto, amidst all the city rush, and wonders what it'll be like to take a journey out in the rough. He got hooked on computers at 2. Later that year, he moved from an apartment house to a bigger house. Shortly after moving, when he was almost 3, he tripped down some stairs and broke his arm. Throughout the years, his family's suffered their shares of illnesses, but they've managed through. For the past two months, he was anticipating this event, bothering everyone in the family because he was talking about his new Pokémon 24/7. He was planning on getting Eevee, but forgot to set his alarm clock and got up late for the Magnet Train. He had to take a ship or else wait 1 hour. Originally, he was going to get a Cyndaquil from his region's professor, Professor Elm, but Elm ran out of Pokémon and called him to tell him that a new shipment would arraive in a month. Diego was so impatient, he dedcided not to wait.

Post Sample: I just dug this up from a pile of stuff on my desk (my old fanfic):
**Chapter 1**
I groggily woke up at around 6:30 AM, because something in my brain wakes me up when my alarm doesn't. I sat up straight in my...bed? For a second, I thought that I fell out of bed and I was laying on the carpet. Then I realized that my hands were wet from...dew?!?

I forced my eyes open and found myself sitting on some grass outside someone's house. For like a minute there, I thought I was dreaming, but everything felt too real to be a dream. Then I thought that I sleepwalked out of my house, but there was a dirt road in front of this house, not anything like the gravel road back home. Then I panicked and thought that someone had kidnapped me and then dumped me on the side of a road somewhere. I thought that that was the most reasonable explanation I could come up with, but would kidnappers really go through all the trouble of kidnapping me, only to dump me in some random location? I didn't think so.

Suddenly, I heard a tinny voice that slightly narrowed down where I was.

"Quil?"

Preferred Starter: Eevee, so I can evolve it into an Espeon, but, only Magby's left.

Last edited:

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
Years
Well that was probably a mistake, one little detail..

Jebees: For Eevee, I expect the sign-up to compare to everyone elses in terms of quantity, alright read through. The post sample isn't enough, but I'll let that slide like Baby Cinda's.

Okay, I'll edit the post, make it longer,and I recently did a longer post in a different RP So 'll put that one up instead of my other

soramararu

Warrior of the Sky
Years

Name:
Nathan Jones
Personality: Nathan is the calm collective type. He hates to be around others and keeps to himself. His parents wish that this changes as he travels around.
Appearance: Nathan is about 5 foot 4 and weighs 123 pounds. He has long medium black hair and has hazel green eyes. He wears glasses so he can see when he has to read. He has a scar above his left eye from when he was 5 and attacked by a scyther herd. He wears a white t-shirt and a white jacket with skulls. He wears black pants and wears white tennis shoes.
History: Nathan was born in the Sinnoh region in Hearthome City to Luann Jones and Shane Jones. When he was five years old, he and his older brother Michael, left to the forest beside there house, they were going to play a game together. While they were playing, Nathan wondered off on his own. He wondered off into a herd of Scyther. He tried to get away but he was surrounded by them. He heard his brothers call's but couldn't yell back. The leader came and attacked Nathan. Then his brother found him and the herd left. He took him home and he stayed in bed for awhile. When Nathan was 10, he was accepted into a trainer school in Jubilife City. When Nathan turned 15, he and his family moved to New Bark Town. He got in trouble because of problems at school and he had to move to Pallet Town with his older brother Jake.
Post Sample: (This is when he was five years old, it is his history from when he was five.)
"Nathan, do you want to go out and play by the house?" Jake said quietly to Nathan. Nathan looked up at his brother, "Sure" He said with a smile.
Nathan jumped out of his bed and ran into his moms bedroom. "Mom, guess what?" He asked jumping up and down.
"What Hon?" She asked. "Me and Jake are going to the forest to play today!" Nathan said, with a huge smile on his face.
"Be careful, there is supposed to be a herd of Scyther out in the field, try to stay-" Nathan was already out the door. "Jake!" Mom yelled.
Jake stumbled into the room. "Yes mom?" He asked, confused.
"Do not let Nathan out of your site, there is a herd of scyther out there."She said.
"yes mother" Jake said as he left the room. He turned the corner and walked into there pokemon room. "I think these six will do for today."
Jake took six pokeballs from the slots and ran out the door. Nathan was standing on the front porch waiting.
"What took you so long brother?" Nathan asked, sulking like. "Are we going or not?"
Jake looked at Nathan, "Yes, lets go" Jake said picking Nathan up and putting him on his back. "Hang on tight!"
Jake held Nathan to his back. He took off running for the forest. The wind was blowing rapidly. They ran by a few pokemon running away from the forest. Jake thought to himself, "I had better keep Nathan away from the Scyther"
"Big bro, are we almost there?"
"Yes Nathan, we are almost there." Jake said. It didn't take long for them to get into the forest.
Jake placed Nathan down next to him. "Here Nathan, pick three random pokeballs, then we can get ready" Jake said holding six pokeballs.
Nathan closed his eyes and grabbed 1 from his left and one from his right. Then he opened his eyes and grabbed another from his left. "I want to do something first" Nathan said. Placing the pokeballs next to the tree. "What are you doing Na-" It was to late, Nathan had already ran off. "Crap, if i don't catch him, the Scyther will!" Jake yelled. He picked up the pokeballs and yelled, Cyndaquil, Torchic, Charmander, Chimchar, Shinx, Treeko, and Houndour, search for Nathan. The six pokemon split into six places, They went to search for him.
Nathan was walking slowly. Then he heard it. RUSTLE, RUSTLE. He turned quickly to see what made the sound. He couldn't see anything. "W-W-Who is t-t-there?" He asked loudly. "SCY SCY SCYTHER!!" Was what made the sound. Nathan jumped back quickly. "What, was that?" He asked imself. Suddenly, everything went black.
~MEANWHILE~
Mom was fixing up some food when, CRASH!!! An explosion happened in the tree next door. She hurried to see what it was. IT was some kind of machine. She wrote a note saying :
Nathan and Jake, I will be back soon, I went shopping.
She walked outside again to see what it was more clearly. Then, an arm protruded from it and grabbed her. "LET ME GO!!" she yelled. Then, she was pulled into the machine. The machine shortly rose out of the tree and flew away.
~RETURN~
The darkness had cleared. Nathan opened his eyes and he was surrounded by pokemon, they were green and they looked like they had pincers on there hands. SCY SCYTHER!!! They cleared the way and in the center was a huge pokemon. It was the same as the others but it was different. It had scars all over its body. Suddenly, it launched an attack on the defensless nathan. The attack grazed his forehead, above his left eye.
"NATHAN!!!" Jake yelled. Nathan heard his brother calling him, but he couldn't reply.
Then the scyther fled. All of them were gone. As Nathan lay on the ground, holding his head, crying, his brother came running through the trees. All six pokemon with him. "Nathan, are you ok?" He asked, worried for his little brother. "Yea, I think-" Nathan has passed out.
"Crap, I guess you strained yourself, and look at you, your bleeding" Jake said picking up Nathan. All six pokemon had the bags and the pokeballs carrying them following Nathan and Jake. "Nathan, next time, stay with me."
Jake carried Nathan through the forest. The wind blew rapidly as they walked. Nathan slowly opened his eyes, he noticed he was back in the city. He slowly smiled and closed his eyes. After awhile, Jake got home with Nathan. He carried him inside and took him upstairs, trying not to wake him. He slid open his door at the end of the hall, and walked inside. He walked towards his bed and placed Nathan in his bed. Pulled the sheet over his body and walked out. He walked downstairs and towards the kitchen. He looked at the sheet of paper sitting on the counter. "Mom left?" Jake asked himself. He looked at the bottom of the paper and noticed it was ripped.
"Something isn't right." Jake thought to himself.

Is this good? I was also wondering if I could maybe use a Cyndaquil. It is my favorite pokemon.

Last edited:

Arumus

Insert user title here..
Years
Well one or the other will get it.

I shall come back later, as I just got up and have a look at the sign-ups and the posts on the IC Thread.

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
So one of them will get Eevee while the other will get Magby if there sign up's good enough.

Arumus

Insert user title here..
Years
Related To IC Thread

Haldariad56: Nice post, a good read. A very good length to the post as well, much more than I expect on the first post. Job done.

Konekodemon: Good read too, good references to 'Team Rocket & The Red Gyarados'. For future reference, let's not make them too common, I'm sure you wont. But I liked the reference as there will be chances for everyone to meet different characters of the anime.

There should be something your character has to do after collecting your Pokémon. Either do that at the beggining of your next post, or edit this post.

Dutchesse: Aye, they are a pain to make and not very interesting, but have to be done :). I will put in Squirtles nick-name into the OOC Thread.

Everyone: Please resist the urge to put in IC: and OOC: into the posts. This thread is strictly for just your post. If something needs to be said, the OOC Thread is there. I like things to be neat (As I'm awkward like that).

PS - Haldariad and Konekodemon, it was dificult reading your posts with the colour and the picture as I probably need glasses, but have none. I don't mind you two doing that, but can you resist doing that until after I have read it. You can go back and edit it with the colours and picture background, but its for the sake of me being able to read it easier. Thanks.

I know most people do these sort of posts in the IC Thread, but I'd rather if the IC Thread was stricly IC.

Related To OOC Thread

Jebees: Accepted with Eevee. You can go ahead and post.

Diegoisawesome You'll need to bump up your sign-up to compare to everyone elses then you can have Magby (Only Pokémon left). Don't worry about the post sample. Just keep active and try keep to the standard of the other role players, as it's your first role play. Obviously, once you improve your sign-up. If you have any questions, just send me a message.

Soramararu: If Diego agree's to the above, there wont be any places left. But, if you can promise to be active and keep to the standards of everyone else. I will accept you. I do have a reserve Pokémon for you as well. Obviously, finish your sign-up and if it's good enough and blah blah, you can join. But you'll be the last person to join.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 19, 2009
I would suggest you put a picture to your trainer card to give us an easy reference, if you want...
I'm not sure if Arumus just did a quick one up for you or not...

Example:

dc389669cc6237d3ee105334ab5c46a8.png

It's really hard to get hair colour/clothing to match...

Years
  • Seen Aug 19, 2009
Ya i know, thats what i was noting in the last post.
I wasn't sure either way,
but now i know ;)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 29, 2009
My first post is up tell me if there is anything wrong with it please as I can sometimes miss stuff out

Arumus

Insert user title here..
Years
I'll look at your posts tommorow. Just got in from cinema, go and see Star Trek. Good film, even for those like me who have never watched Star Trek.

Arumus

Insert user title here..
Years
Related To IC Thread

Baby Cinda: That was pretty much a script. I know you can do better, as it's only the intro post I'll let it slide. But we both know you are much better than that.

Diegoisawesome: Likewise with Baby Cinda, it did seem like a script. I do like that you are doing first person, but have a read at some first person stories on the web or so. As you seemed very repetitive on the word 'I'. I know you'll improve as the role play goes on.

I expect better from the both of you. Look at the above role players posts, they are a good standard for a role play. You just need to put some time into it. As it was all rushed and no thought, as well as a 10 min quick type up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back