• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Harry Potter // Fan Club

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
About the Pottermore thing, maybe the checking the boxes as to what movie's you've seen or books you've read tells you when you'll be getting your acceptance email. The more diehard a fan you are, the earlier you're going to get your email. ^_^

But that's just a theory. It may or may not be true. :/

As for the sorting process, maybe it'll go and ask questions based on your personality, and give you questions like Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. Such as "a hand comes out of a toilet, what do you do?" But knowing my luck I'll be given Hufflepuff. They don't get as much recognition in any sense, except the whole ordeal with the Dementors in Prizoner of Azkaban or Cedric Diggory.

Or maybe it'll be like you walk in the sorting hat tells you of your greatness you whisper "not slytherin" and it tells you that you'd be great there and then you get put in Gryffindor idk the Philosopher's Stone was on last night.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
I want to be sorted into Ravenclaw. But if I don't, I just don't want to be sorted into Slytherin. Their evilness might influence me aaa.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I think I'll be placed into Ravenclaw. :( I'm not impulsive enough to be Gryffindor, I'm the laziest mofo ever so I would never be Hufflepuff, and the only other possibility is Slytherin but my friends say they don't really see me as one... so I'm assuming Ravenclaw!

But I agree that it'll probably be like the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon personality quiz. xD; That was actually my first thought when I learnt there would be a sorting quiz.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
I have no idea where I'd be sorted. There's Ravenclaw, which is more for those with lots of wit and are considered smart, so I couldn't be put there. Gryffindor are for those who are quite ambitious and things like that. Slytherin are for those who are evil or just very good at making potions, and Hufflepuff is for those people who are secretly badgers. :x Idk what Hufflepuff are about they never did enough around Hogwarts. But I think maybe I could be put into Slytherin, and I'm okay with that.

Also while everyone's loving Ravenclaw, why is it that Ravenclaw's animal symbol is a hawk?

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
Slytherin is supposed to be ambitious and cunning, Gryffindor is brave and loyal, and Hufflepuff is supposed to be hard-workers. Basically. I'm actually having a lot of fun reading them up on a HP wiki.

But the actual questions you get in PMD can influence your result :( So if there are loads of set questions and you only get, say, 10 of them, it could just so happen that the answers for those 10 you give are Hufflepuff answers, when with another set of questions you could've picked more Gryffindor :/ Just anything but Hufflepuff I'll be satisfied in.

Hopefully it won't be those stupid quizzes where you can tell what question is for which. Like "Somebody is in pain and was hit by a dangerous spell, what do you do?

1.Go get a teacher to heal him
2. Heal him yourself
3. Stand around saying "Durrrr"
4. Laugh of him"

Some of those are... Erm.. Yeah....

Yeah, those quizzes are awful

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
Alternative said:
Slytherin are for those who are evil

That's entirely not true. Severus Snape, Regulus Black, and Phineas Nigellus are one of the few who aren't evil. It shows that Slytherins are same as anyone else, their deeds and actions speak louder than individuals, and it has been carried on throughout the entire House as if that's what they're known for. So people like Draco Malfoy, Bella Lestrange, Pansy Parkinson, and of course Tom Riddle get those feelings of great power over others.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Slytherin's a house that is known for having ambitious, shrewd, cunning, strong leaders, and achievement-oriented wizards and witches.

Not necessarily housing evil people; it just has a negative reputation that's claimed to be housed to dark wizards. Like...Tom Riddle aka Voldemort.

Guy

just a guy
Years
Probably the biggest regret I have was not reading the Harry Potter books from the start. I managed to read the first one, and I attempted the second one, but I wasn't much of a reader back then and the size of the books hindered me from continuing. Very sad excuse really; not something I'm proud of. I still continuously followed the movies and grew attached to the characters, the story, everything that came with it. Even when I started picking up the habit of reading more in high school, I don't know why I didn't put myself in place of reading the series. It wasn't till after Deathly Hallows Part II that I just felt suddenly depressed. Sad that it was over, sad that I wouldn't be able to continue on Harry, Ron, and Hermione's journey together, it was all just very depressing when those credits started to roll. Not to mention emotional.

After that, and talking to Nick, I realized the journey wasn't over for me. I still had the books! I could make up for my mistake over the years and read the books. I began reading the Philosopher's Stone the same day I came back from the movies. I finished it that same weekend and continuously kept going with the books one after the other. Currently, I'm nearing the end of Order of the Phoenix (claiming this as my favorite book so far!) and the thought that I only have two more years (books) to go with Harry and the gang is starting to creep up on me. Every day I ask myself now, "Why did I not read these books before!?"

Still, when I registered for Pottermore, I answered the truth in saying I saw all the movies and had currently finished the first four books.

As for sorting, I hope I get placed into Gryffindor. I'd be okay with Ravenclaw though. I can also see myself possibly being placed in Hufflepuff, but I hope not. Slytherin, there's probably a small fraction of myself that can fit into that house, but I don't see myself as one who belongs there. I'm just really excited for the housing process and I hope that we get to go through the whole journey of having to purchase our books, have our own specific wands choose us, and whatnot. Not to mention getting to choose our classes in our later years. Thinking of it all has me beaming with excitement to get my welcome letter already!

...oops, didn't mean to ramble like that. At least you guys know my story though!

Simipour

Geyser Pokemon
Years
Oh god, I've been a fan of HP since the books first came out in America, I was in elementary school but since then been obsessed.

Name: Jen
What house are you in?: Ravenclaw
Wand description: 10" willowhttp://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Wand_wood, with unicorn hair core.
Sunshine daisies, butter mellow, turn this stupid fat rat...: Yellow!

Oh, man, I missed signing up early for Pottermore, that's disappointing...

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
Hiiro, your post made me smile again from the inside. It's another reminder of why Potter isn't really over for us. As long as we have the books we can read them over and over and still be a part of it. If Pottermore does become like what you have described, I'm really excited to see what it's all about!

Years
On all the online test things to check which house you get put in, i'm always Ravenclaw. I think i'll either be Ravenclaw or Gryffindor.

Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2011
What house are you in?: Ravenclaw for sure!
Wand description (Wood, Length, Core): Rowan, 1.7 Inches, Unicorn Hair
Sunshine daisies, butter mellow, turn this stupid fat rat...: STUPID?? Scabbers is awesome! Oh wait.... scabbers is evil.... YELLOW! TURN HIM YELLOW!

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
There are tons of Ravenclaws in this thread, I wonder... why does it seem to be the most popular house to get into?

Hiiro, your post made me smile again from the inside. It's another reminder of why Potter isn't really over for us. As long as we have the books we can read them over and over and still be a part of it.

I'm more negative about the end of Potter. At this point in my depression it just feels like that would be reminiscing on the Potter world than actually living it as we all did that first magical time. And reminiscing on something that once was makes me feel even sadder than before. Of course, I'm not saying I'll never read the books again, they're something I'll re-read and re-read until I die, but right now I just can't bring myself to do it.

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
There are tons of Ravenclaws in this thread, I wonder... why does it seem to be the most popular house to get into?

Hipsters I reckon it's easier to identify yourself as being smart than any of the other characteristics. There are more situations where you can say you've used wit/intelligence/knowledge than bravery and the like. Or perhaps that's just me. Also note we're discussing HP on a Pokemon forum, so the people here aaare stereotypically more geeky XD People in the books had the Sorting Hat to help analyse their personality, as well. Still, I'm saying I don't mind which apart from Hufflepuff.

I'm more negative about the end of Potter. At this point in my depression it just feels like that would be reminiscing on the Potter world than actually living it as we all did that first magical time. And reminiscing on something that once was makes me feel even sadder than before. Of course, I'm not saying I'll never read the books again, they're something I'll re-read and re-read until I die, but right now I just can't bring myself to do it.

Yeah, this is how I think as well, sometimes. This is why I'm glad Pottermore will be a new experience for us.~

Last edited:

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
The only time I felt really upset was when I finished reading the 7th book when it came out. I felt guilty abandoning it and even tried severing all ties to this franchise, which I now regret.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years

1. I think a lot of people want Ravenclaw because as they grow up, they see themselves as sophisticated and smart which is sort of the default view of that house. :P As kids we all probably clung to a different favourite house or thought others were cool. But everyone wants to think they're an academic and wise in the end, haha!

2. Don't feel bad! Yes, the main story of Harry Potter is over now that all the movies have been adapted but... reread the books and you learn something new every time. You can read a chapter and sit for an hour marvelling at all the detail JK Rowling put into the books. You can trawl the HP wiki for information that was in the compilation of the series (books, movies, TCG, video games, interviews, etc.) that you never noticed and there's just... so, so much that I think it'll be years and years before I feel satisfied that I learnt everything I can from that world. /sap

I'm currently filling the void by starting an RP with two of my close RL friends. It's sort of a crack AU about if James Potter didn't die on the night Harry got his scar because he was in the washroom when Voldemort showed up so he, Sirius and Lupin end up raising Harry who will probably terrorize the hell out of Snape. It's so much fun thus far. XD;

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
As for me, I'm trying to memorize most of the Harry Potter spells with the incantations. I..I just wanted to do something HP related and I was planning to do this for a long time. :D

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
2. Don't feel bad! Yes, the main story of Harry Potter is over now that all the movies have been adapted but... reread the books and you learn something new every time. You can read a chapter and sit for an hour marvelling at all the detail JK Rowling put into the books. You can trawl the HP wiki for information that was in the compilation of the series (books, movies, TCG, video games, interviews, etc.) that you never noticed and there's just... so, so much that I think it'll be years and years before I feel satisfied that I learnt everything I can from that world. /sap

The thing is, we never will know everything there is to know about that world, because there is more to it than JK Rowling will ever release. This is why I desperately hope she writes more stories set in that world; it's so vast that she could write a whole other book series and never even have to mention Harry and co. It just seems a shame to leave anything unexplored.

I appreciate you trying to cheer me up, too :) but it's probably still too soon. I've been trying to write a blog about the end of it all since the night I saw the final movie, nearly a month ago, and I just can't bring myself to do it. But I should do it soon before the societal fever has passed and it becomes too late to be relevant.

Back