• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Port wine, CR7, Algarve and other portuguese stuffs

Years
Oh, hello there! Welcome to my topic :classic:!

I'm Codaq and I come from Portugal, where the grass is not green and the sky isn't always blue (specially now, in the winter :'(), but the drinks, football players and sunny beaches are some of the best, or even the best, in the world!

I've registered here because the portuguese foruns are really lame and people are so lazy that any text with more than 5 words is considered boring... Due to that Codaq had to go international, and therefore here I am, ready to post my fanfiction and hopping that everyone likes it.

P.S: Please pardon my misspelling and misgrammar... I haven't taken any intensive course on English :P.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Hi Codaq! From what I can see, you're absolutely good enough when it comes to English ;) I'm not a native English speaker either and there are many like us here.

I have at least one Portuguese friend here so I believe you when you say that it's a good country~ So you like writing fanfiction! I hope that you want to try our roleplaying too, then. It's really fun and a few misgrammar errors is nothing ;)

Years
Thank you, Red Hawt! It's kinda difficult for me to RPlay, because of my schedule, but if you say it's worth it, I'm gonna try to sign up in one.

Yes, I do enjoy writing some FF. I'm currently working in a story far from what we consider the normal and usual FF and I hope you guys like it. Maybe tomorrow or the day after I can post it.

Twilight Sky

» s t r a w b e r r y fields ♪
Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2013
Hey Codaq!

I'm from the US! More specifically, the wonderful state of Florida, meaning that one day it can be hot, and one day it can be cold, and the day after that can be extremely foggy. XD Anything goes here(except snow, sadly. Snow rarely ever happens here because it's too dry).

And don't worry, we can understand you fine! I'm actually pretty happy that PC seems to suit your needs more, as we have plenty to offer our new members! Stick around, I bet there's a lot more you'll like about the forums than just the fanfiction sections!

Aside from that, if you need anyone to talk to, shoot me a PM/VM and enjoy your time here!

Cid

Years
I spy a non-English speaking writer. :3 I'm like that too! Except not too much recently, because schoolwork has been really tasking and stole my spare time pretty much. I agree with you that RPs can be hard to keep active in when you have tons of responsibilities. u_u But yes, I'm from the Philippines, so not a native English speaker here! Still this forum helps your English speaking skills a lot, I swear. Stick around and post a lot, and you'll know what I mean. o3o

Anyway, welcome aboard, Codaq! Is Portugal a fun place to live in? Because despite winter I'm sure it's still awesome. I wanna go there someday, haha. And who knows? Maybe I'll meet you then! :> Anyway I'm glad you went international and picked this forum in particular! This must mean you're a Pokémon fan, yes? Who's your favorite Pokémon? Mine's Squirtle, but judging from my theme I have a soft spot for Lanturn, too. :D

Also I hope you become active in Fan Fiction & Writing! I'm glad to hear an enthusiastic writer joining our user base. That being said, click that forum I linked to you if you haven't visited that section yet! It's all gonna be an awesome ride I bet. Especially if you follow the rules and whatnot, all located in the upper bar and the stickied parts of a section. :)

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact a staff member for help! They'll be willing to assist you if it's related to their section. Also me and my mod partner, Cirno, can handle questions for new users so you can ask us that too! And if you want more of that good stuff, go to our Adoption Center because a mentor would be a useful person to have with you as a new member. ;D

Again welcome to PC! I hope you enjoy your stay as much as you can. B)

Years
Thank for the enthusiast welcoming, Cid and Wind Heart! I've already been in the Writing section, but thanks anyway for the link. I must say that I'm impressed with the quality of some FF and I wish I could stole their authors, just to show the users of the ptguese forum I attend to, how a good fiction is built and maintained hahaha.

Anyway, Cid, Portugal is a bit different from the Philippines, but one thing we have in common: the terrace farming. Your ancestors already used it for rice farming and we use the same technique to grow vines. Kinda weird link between us, don't you think hahaha?
I don't have a favorite poké, but everything that looks like a bug is good to me :P.

Reactions: Cid

Cid

Years
I'm sure if they spoke Portuguese then they'd love to follow you back to your forum. ;D

That is interesting! I've never actually heard of terrace farming being used elsewhere so I learned something new from you, which is awesome! I guess I have something in common with people from Portugal, now. :3 And a Bug-type fan, then? :D I'm personally a Water-type fan but I like a good number of Bug-types like Scyther's line and Volcarona's line. n_n

I hope you're having lots of fun so far! Maybe you can explore the forums outside FF&W too, like maybe check out the sections that Wind Heart suggested. :) Either way I hope you stick around for a looong time. o3o

Years
Hey Codaq, welcome to PC and it's great to meet you. <3 I catch myself staring at your avatar a lot as I type this since it's just really pretty.

I'll echo what everyone said that you're definitely quite good at English! Wouldn't guess that you weren't a native speaker, to be honest, and admittedly I've seen much worse from people here in the States haha. Glad you decided to give PC a try though - I guarantee you won't be disappointed! We're a huge forum with lots to do and plenty of friendly people to meet. I reckon I've seen others from Portugal here too as the community's pretty diverse so if you're looking to meet people similar to yourself, you won't have much of a problem. :D I'm from New York so we live in vastly different places, but Portugal just looks so beautiful ahh I want to visit sometime.

Glad to hear you've explored the writing section here already too; will be looking forward to seeing some of your work when you post it! I pop in there every once in a while and notice that there are quite a lot of talented writers on PC and some of them give really good critique, though our memberbase is pretty creative in general so a lot of people are talented when it comes to either art, writing, composing music, hacking, and other neat things. You'll fit in just fine, I'm sure, so stick around and enjoy your stay! Even if you can only post once in a while, you'll always be welcome~

See you around and do contact a staff member if you need help, yes?

Years
I like this avatar because it remembers me that posting some FF is a major goal that I want to achieve here. And aren't the simplest images the most beautiful of them all? See you around the sections and thank you for stopping by :P!

Back