• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
@ Elitebeats
Yeah I was just wondering if I should even start actually develop this any more at all I won't be dome till like next week. So yeah next week I will send in the IC and OOC for approval or rejection. :)
Maybe spend a little more than a week with it. Give it time to fester and develop. Observe the world around you. How would it react in such a situation? Is it realistic? Because you're basing it on Earth, all reactions by 'governments' and organisations have to be validated by motive and reason. You gotta tread carefully when working with the real world. ;)

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Alright everybody...How would everybody feel about a Dragon Ball roleplay? Just a thought that I've had recently, mainly because I want use the "Just....Saiyan. AAHHHHHHHH YEAAAHHHHH!" thing, but legitly. Who would be interested?

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Alright everybody...How would everybody feel about a Dragon Ball roleplay? Just a thought that I've had recently, mainly because I want use the "Just....Saiyan. AAHHHHHHHH YEAAAHHHHH!" thing, but legitly. Who would be interested?
Omfg me! There's also me and again me!

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
@Machomuu: That reminds of of a seen from DBZ abridged.
Goku: Wanna drive cars?
Piccolo: Bi***in!

But if somebody were to work with me with the story and Co-GM I would gladly go through with it.

Chalifoux

:: Certified Granblue Fantasy Nerd ::
Years
@heretostay123. As long as you can create mechanics that ensure no one will have a Ki of over 9000 before their first post it should all be okay. Also plot. What would be the plot of that RP? :?

I could help if you want, too :3
But I think several other people could do a better job xD

Last edited:

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Well, I'm thinking the general plot line takes place in the future, after all the Z Fighters have passed on. I don't care if they are immortal. They're dead and the dragon balls cannot be used on them anymore. I don't really know who the main villain will be.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Good plot writer is me. I can help make the plot hereto.
Also idek what is Attack on Titans.
Edit : wtf double-ninja'd for AoT.

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years
I know nothing about dragonball but Scyke please please please?! :o

:p it's still on the works for now as I try to wrap my head around as much info about AON as possible, but yeah I really do want this RP to be out soon and do well. Plus since this would be officially my first roleplay I was hoping to collaborate with someone who knew the series well or at least was a fan. Long story short, IT WILL HAPPEN, I just wouldn't mind an extra hand with it!

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
:p it's still on the works for now as I try to wrap my head around as much info about AON as possible, but yeah I really do want this RP to be out soon and do well. Plus since this would be officially my first roleplay I was hoping to collaborate with someone who knew the series well or at least was a fan. Long story short, IT WILL HAPPEN, I just wouldn't mind an extra hand with it!

I probably don't know enough to be of any assistance, I've watched the anime but not read it at all ><. Daaamn.

If I can be of help in any other way though <=======

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Might I just say, in my...I think almost a year of being here, I've seen a few new roleplayers come through, and some of those people have turned into brilliant writers, and here I am still writing my mediocre posts, at best.

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years
I probably don't know enough to be of any assistance, I've watched the anime but not read it at all ><. Daaamn.

If I can be of help in any other way though <=======
I've actually only seen the anime too haha :p I'm just doing research right now and plan to read the manga all the way to where it is right now. And when I say who I need for as help I meant anyone who was a fan of AoT so to be honest anyone who is willing to help make this RP work is welcome to contact me!

Yesss do it Scyke!!!

I would help but, im not a good writer ;_;
I could help with brainstorming though if youd like :3
It doesn't matter Chilli, and anyway as far as you being a good writer judging by the things I've seen in the RPAs I think your better than a 'bad writer' then anything :p but yeah, if you feel like you have an idea then just tell me, I'm all ears.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Might I just say, in my...I think almost a year of being here, I've seen a few new roleplayers come through, and some of those people have turned into brilliant writers, and here I am still writing my mediocre posts, at best.
listen here, okay? you should never compare yourself to others like this. roleplaying is a hobby, not a sport and rarely is it competitive in nature that you need to be "better" than everyone. there is no need to compare yourself and as long as you're having fun, you naturally get better. it's not something you can force upon yourself. so don't.

and writing problems like this in the RPD is not a great idea either, ok? not only do you make everyone else feel awkward, but most people see this as a cry for attention and a, ignore it or b, write something like "aww you're good!!!" for a small confidence boost that doesn't last long. the only person you need telling you that you're a good writer is yourself, and when you're older and an author, critiques in big time newspapers.

instead of negatively telling others that you don't feel up to standard, why don't you positively ask for tips to help you write better?

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023

Adding onto what Skymin said, it's perfectly fine if you're still not a good writer. It took me two-three years of roleplaying on other sites to get to where I am now, and I could always be better. Improvement is not a thing to rush. I'm sure most of the "new roleplayers" here have had tons of previous experience in different places that helped develop them to this point. You will get better in time, that's certain. Just keep practicing. And if you're not the best, so what? Be the best at what you can do and what you do do and don't worry about what you can't/don't do. Period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back