• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Graphics Lounge [Resources included]

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Hey i'm new to the forums, and new to photoshop (Only Used Gimp Before In My Life) So I got brought CS4. When I download the brushes what folder would i need to save them into before i extract them? Or do they automatically go into photoshop themselves?

Ashberto~

This should help you. Same applies to any Photoshop version, but that will help for CS4.

Also awesome idea Moom, I might do the same soon. But I look forward to seeing the way you make your stuff.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
Years
I did graphics for quite a while last year, however personal circumstances led me to stop. However, now I wish to re-start making graphics but I don't know where to begin. So I was wondering: does any graphic artist know if they could point me in a good direction so I can regain my old skills at graphics?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
I did graphics for quite a while last year, however personal circumstances led me to stop. However, now I wish to re-start making graphics but I don't know where to begin. So I was wondering: does any graphic artist know if they could point me in a good direction so I can regain my old skills at graphics?

Okay, well there's a lot of options, especially if you already have the basics down. My first recommendation would be to start looking at graphics before you start again, and look for your influence and what type of graphics inspire you. The next protocol would be to start downloading stock & render packs so you can start making tags. I would recommend downloading Moments' stock packs, which can be found in the thread he made for resources. I will be opening a thread in a few minutes to host my resources also, starting with C4D's. At any rate, before you start a tag, think about what you want it to look like after you choose your stock or render, that way you'll have better direction. Then take into account what makes a good tag, you could look through some tutorials and such, but basically, bottom line is that you should just start making tags again. You can always hit me up on MSN or something if you need help.

moments.

quixotic
Years
Alright guys, because this place is dead, I just went with Wolflare's suggestion and did the tutorial on the B.O.B tag.
Here is the link to my resource thread where you can download the folder. I told you I'd have a special surprise for this tutorial. Basically, included with the tutorial are all the resources I've used including the smudge effects, the dust textures and even the font used.

Enjoy, and show us an example if you end up using the tutorial, or even just the resources I coupled with it.

Gazza

Heaven-Piercer
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 25, 2016
Graphics and Photography needs some love.

So I made it some. :D

PCLOVE.png

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 28, 2019
Some of the tuts aren't working and is there anymore for Gimp? /shot for reviving thread

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Um, I'm using GIMP, and I reeeeally don't get tags. And all the tutorials I can find show me things that I can't understand and use language that I am not familiar with.
So, um, I'm wondering if anyone would be willing to explain, slowly and clearly, how to make tags that don't look like what I ended up when I tried a while ago like half an hour ago? (Which would be this.)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Some of the tuts aren't working and is there anymore for Gimp? /shot for reviving thread

I will have to give the thread a spring clean soon to be honest. But because I'm not a gimp user myself, I don't come across many.

Um, I'm using GIMP, and I reeeeally don't get tags. And all the tutorials I can find show me things that I can't understand and use language that I am not familiar with.
So, um, I'm wondering if anyone would be willing to explain, slowly and clearly, how to make tags that don't look like what I ended up when I tried a while ago like half an hour ago? (Which would be this.)

Well my recommendation would be to post in the graphics rating thread, which is stickied. Then I would say that you should try and figure out how some tag artists came up with the results they did in their tag. Read the main post in this thread for some terminology and do a bit of research.

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
I need a huge favor. Could someone take this and resize it to be poster size, like how it is on the anime. I want a poster cosplay item of this poster from the show but this was as close as I could find to it but it's too small to be a poster.
180px-Pokemonleague.jpg

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
Years
I just started doing graphics and I'm not too good. I neeed some crit but nobody's been giving kme any really. So if anyone who's good would just look at my thread and give me crit on a few pieces that'd be great.

Here it is.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
I need a huge favor. Could someone take this and resize it to be poster size, like how it is on the anime. I want a poster cosplay item of this poster from the show but this was as close as I could find to it but it's too small to be a poster.
180px-Pokemonleague.jpg

Not sure if someone wants to do my dirty work, but if someone could resize this to fit the size of a tumblr background youd be amazing. Or maybe just teach me how to in a brief tutorial.

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs37/f/2008/270/a/6/Paper_Yoshi_3D_by_YoshiNoJas.jpg

thanks(:

This isn't a request thread guys, I recommend heading over to the Art Gallery where there's a request thread.

Also this site will resize images for you - http://www.picresize.com/

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
That would be because you can't make images bigger without ruining the quality.

moments.

quixotic
Years
Alright guys, reviving this because I've got some ideas I want to try and implement, even just at some point in the future, but if nobody is going pay attention / get involved, there really is no point at all.

Basically, last night I was looking through all the old community threads in Graphics and Photography and there are so many ideas that could work to bring more activity to this forum and to help build a stronger bond between the members who frequent here, and maybe even get other members on board.

So just for a show of interest, how many of you would be interested in a graphics tournament? Here is a previous example that was quite popular sort of 2 years ago, but I'd like to see it have a comeback if you guys are interested!
Comic Tragedy's FSE

Another thing, that might also be quite nice that was surprisingly popular a while ago was an Icon Wall, where people posted icons, (sort of like the graphics giveaway for people to wear if they wanted) but they were all compiled in the first post side by side in a massive wall of icons as done by the community. This was fun because it was a good way to get your icons out there and noticed, particularly members without galleries could post as well. Here's the original.
The PokeCommunity Icon Wall

Basically I just want to get all of us graphic artists back together like a family, get more activity in this forum and have a darn good time!
So even if you don't like those ideas, tell me why, what you'd like to see instead and we'll see if we can arrange something as a community! :D

Years
Alright guys, reviving this because I've got some ideas I want to try and implement, even just at some point in the future, but if nobody is going pay attention / get involved, there really is no point at all.

Basically, last night I was looking through all the old community threads in Graphics and Photography and there are so many ideas that could work to bring more activity to this forum and to help build a stronger bond between the members who frequent here, and maybe even get other members on board.

So just for a show of interest, how many of you would be interested in a graphics tournament? Here is a previous example that was quite popular sort of 2 years ago, but I'd like to see it have a comeback if you guys are interested!
Comic Tragedy's FSE

Another thing, that might also be quite nice that was surprisingly popular a while ago was an Icon Wall, where people posted icons, (sort of like the graphics giveaway for people to wear if they wanted) but they were all compiled in the first post side by side in a massive wall of icons as done by the community. This was fun because it was a good way to get your icons out there and noticed, particularly members without galleries could post as well. Here's the original.
The PokeCommunity Icon Wall

Basically I just want to get all of us graphic artists back together like a family, get more activity in this forum and have a darn good time!
So even if you don't like those ideas, tell me why, what you'd like to see instead and we'll see if we can arrange something as a community! :D
The Icon Wall seems a very nifty idea. It would make a lovely community collage. ;D

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
First of all, I'm gonna update this thread and get rid of some broken links and add some new tutorials. I'm really not happy with how outdated I've let this thread get. In addition, getting back to you moments on your suggestions; starting with the FSE, let's just take a look at how many of these guys are still around:

1. C:\PC\Ezzo
  2. Gummy
  3. Comic Tragedy
  4. Cherii
  5. Statistics
  6. Counterfeit
  7. Dukey
  8. Graceful
  9. moments.
  10. Loki
  11. Color Me Evil
  12. vVintage
  13. Angela
One. And we do not have the community to get that going again right now. However, I'm certainly interested in rebuilding one to create a prospect for having one again. A tournament such as this would be a good way to spark a little activity again. But I think what would be good, would be to get some teams going.

What I'm thinking of is getting a prefix made known as [Team], and an additional section added to the rules on how they work (I'd talk to Ana about this). If any of you go to big graphics forums such as Fringe or Planet Renders, teams are pretty big things. They give graphic artists the opportunity to help each other, collab and battle other teams. Again, we may need a bit more of a sense of community first.

As for the icon wall, I think it would be a good idea to keep adding to it, in a new thread, but I would rather see if Gazza would like to remake it. If not, then someone else could. It was always a nice concept.

Lastly, getting the graphics school active again is a good idea. The more we breathe life into graphics in this forum, the more we can expect to see from photography. Personally, I've let down my responsibilities in recent weeks due to a rather busy life, but I'm all up for helping out and getting a sense of community rolling again. Staring with getting the competition threads up and editing this thread once again with some updates. Bit by bit we'll get there.

moments.

quixotic
Years
I agree with the tournament, I'd like to work towards getting that back up and running at some point in the future, I just dug it up so it could generate some interest and so it wouldn't get forgotten again.

As for the icon wall, I was unsure if Gazza was still active, so I just assumed someone else could start it up, but if he's still around and wanting to get it up again himself, that's all cool!

Lastly, teams is definitely a good idea, the only issue is that I don't think we even have enough active members to create teams. We could form one team to start with and then once it gets going we could split the members and half of them start the next team. We can have battles and stuff within the team itself at first, but we don't really have enough to start up two teams off the bat. I definitely want to see this implemented though, I've been wanting teams since I've been at g&p and I'd love to see it kick off!

Another thing I think we need to spark more activity are some of the things I mentioned in the 'what do you want to see more of' thread. I mentioned emblems for things like consistent and quality CnC, we could have one for battles, one for resources and so on, but it has been awkward getting everything started without a proper mod... sorry ana!

But yeah, we've got good ideas, just need to get the people in here!

Back