• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen What is your team on GSC/RBY?

Years
  • Seen Mar 5, 2011
For GSC right now...

Dragonair
Typhlosion
Lapras (For GSC, definitely Uber Tier xD)
Ampharos
Miltank
Espeon

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
I'm currently playing through blue again, and I have a Charizard, Sandslash, Raticate, Vaporeon, Pidgeotto, and Weepinbell.

Aside from Pidgeotto, they're all fully evolved. (Victreebel is ugly. :P)

I'm thinking I should replace raticate with an electric type... although I could just teach it thunderbolt. It's hard to give it up, because I named it after the pet rat I had as a kid. =/

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2014

This is my Pokemon Red team, I just started playing 3 days ago, and I really haven't been playing all that often, but I am in Celadon right now. It's been really fun though, and I can't wait to play more :)

P.S. Those Pokemon are in order of Obtained.

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2014
Spr_1b_144.png

Red_RG2.png

So, I beat the Elite Four and Gary, and this is my Championship team.
To be completley honest, The first two Pokemon I ever got, Charmander and NidoranM ended up being the most underleveled and useless in the Elite Four. Gyarados, Vileplume, Haunter and Articuno all shared their part in being a champion team, and I feel as if Charizard and Nidoking were almost comepletley unecessary. But we came as a team, we go through as a team.

Anyways, probably gonna move onto My Gold now.

Dartht33bagger

Only plays Gen I and II
Years
On my play-through of red I'm working on right now I have this:

• Jigglypuff: Level 4
  • Pikachu: Level 16
  • Pidgey: Level 12
  • Rattata: Level 9
  • Squirtle: Level 15
I just got into Cerulean City so I'm not doing so bad. Need to train up my Jigglypuff though so I can catch an Abra.

moraq06

am I genius? or lucky?
Years
My Pokemon Red main team
Venusaur
Nidoking
Arcanine
Vaporeon
Mew/Mewtwo
Zapdos

My Pokemon Crystal main team
Feraligator
Arcanine/Ho-oh
Tyranitar/Machamp
Dragonite/Machamp
Zapdos/Raichu/Raikou
Alakazam/Mewtwo

well,actually I'm a bit confused in Crystal because I had many good pokemon

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2014
Okay, playing Gold now, my favourite Pokemon game. I'm using my old Gold cartridge that I recently fixed up so I won't have to worry about the battery dying.

So after starting yesterday, I got to Azalea and this is my team as of right now:

Spr_2g_153.png
Spr_2g_021.png

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2014
Oh my god, I played nearly 8 HOURS yesterday and actually ended up beating the Elite Four, that is the longest I have played Pokemon in one sitting, call me crazy but I was having sooo much fun! My team actually only grew two Members but they were both amazing when it came to conquering the Elite Four and the Gyms.

Here's t'e Team:

Spr_2g_154.png
Spr_2g_022.png
Spr_2g_185.png
Spr_2g_226.png

`Vito` `Giles` `Harty` `Wake`

Dartht33bagger

Only plays Gen I and II
Years
Figured out what my final team for my red play through will be:

1. Squirtle
  2. Gastly
  3. Abra
  4. Mew
  5. Growlithe
  6. Pikachu
Of course I will evolve them, but that is what the team will look like. I already have 3 of them, so I just gotta catch the other three now.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2014
Spr_2g_154.png
Spr_2g_022.png
Spr_2g_185.png
Spr_2g_226.png

Ahahaha! I can't believe it! I actually beat Red! This is the champion team! I love this team, I beat Red with this team and I am just soo happy.. Anyways, I'm done with Gold. Moving on to Sapphire in a couple days, I need a break. Gonna try to beat Sapphire before B/W.

WHOOT.

TrilbyMenetti

HeartGold trainer
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 3, 2011
My current team on Pokemon Red, just leaving Rock Tunnel:

Spr_1b_002.png

Rex the Ivysaur
Lv.31

- Tackle
- Poison Powder
- Leech Seed
- Razor Leaf

Spr_1b_025.png

Sparky the Pikachu
Lv.28

- Thundershock
- Swift
- Thunder Wave
- Quick Attack

Spr_1b_051.png

Duggan the Dugtrio
Lv. 29

- Scratch
- Growl
- Dig
- Sand Attack

I quite like this team so far, will probably add Snorlax, Growlithe and Psyduck to the team at some point. Have nicknames for them and everything, but that will have to wait until next time.

HinaBaby

#1 Spongebob Fan!
Years
Seriously the best team that I have ever come across is this one. It takes thought to understand it, so I can understand if the lesser minded individuals don't fully grasp the greatness of it, but I can promise you that no team you come up with can trump this. Try it out and you'll see...

Tyranitar
Typhlosion
Ampharos
Wobbuffet
Jumpluff
Poliwrath

I'll admit that Poliwrath can be substituted with a stronger water type, but it is the only flaw on the team. I don't think I need to explain the first three, and the next two are the two strongest pokemon on the team, so there's not much going on that needs explaining. How are 4 and 5 the two strongest? Because Wobuffett is almost unkillable due to it's massive hp. If you give it a leftovers it will constantly regain health while it deals serious damage to it's opponent for dealing it damage. Trust me, it works amazingly if you know how to use it. Secondly, jumpluff is also nearly unstoppable. If you put it up against nearly anything it will be faster and as long as the sleep powder works on its opponents you can go straight to leech seed and then Giga or Mega drain and Hyper Beam. Try the team, it's insane. Also, make sure to teach ampharos fire punch and typhlosion thunder punch. That's about it; unbeaten and undeniable.

Years
  • Seen Jun 17, 2014
Currently I'm only playing R/B/Y.

Nidoking - lv. 100
Machamp - lv. 100
Arcanine - lv. 100
Slowbro - lv. 100
Alakazam - lv. 100
Dragonite - lv. 100

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2014
I must say I do like your team alot!

I like all the Pokemon on that team, it has some strategy to it, Like Wobbuffet and Jumpluff and it's just a cool team overall.

Years
  • Seen Mar 4, 2012
EDIT: I have a Kingdra now instead of Blastoise in my link-battle team.
EDIT: I have also changed Aerodactyl for Marowak, and changed some moves for the Pokémon's.

Last edited:

Dartht33bagger

Only plays Gen I and II
Years
I just beat my Red playthrough tonight. I thought I was going to get owned because I was fairly un-leveled (mid 40's when I started), ended up beating the whole Elite Four with ease. After a few revives of course :D

My final team:
- Raichu lvl 48
-Thunder
-Thunderbolt
-Swift
-Flash

- Dugtrio lvl 47
-Slash
-Rock Slide
-Dig
-Earthquake

- Mew lvl 41
-Psychic
-Strength
-Cut
-Fly

- Blastoise lvl 48
-Bubblebeam
-Blizzard
-Surf
-Hydro Pump

- Alakazam lvl 49
-Psychic
-Psybeam
-Recover
-Teleport

- Growlithe lvl 36 (didn't even use him once)
-Ember
-Bite
-Take Down
-Leer

Probably was because I didn't evolve any of my guys until they had their strongest attack (for example, I held Squirtle off till 42 so he got Hydro Pump at 42 and then evolved into Blastoise). Also had other strong TM's like Blizzard and Earthquake used.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 4, 2012
Heracross (Suicide Lead)
Alakazam (Multi attacker)
Houndoom (Boosting Fire)
Kingdra (Main attacker)
Marowak (Finisher)
Snorlax (Tank)

My link-team in G/S/C. Will post moves/info later, don't have the time now (training them, they must be lv. 60 for a contest with 3 friends)

Last edited:

Dartht33bagger

Only plays Gen I and II
Years
I have the following in my recent Blue playthrough and I'm to face the E4, but Lapras keeps on being such a douche:

Blastoise Lv 46:

Surf
Strength
Eathquake
Ice Beam

Mr. Mime Lv 48:

Thunderbolt
Thunderwave
Psychic
Light Screen

Weezing Lv 47:

Sludge
Fire Blast
Self Destruct
Smoke Screen

Fearow Lv 47:

Drill Peck
Swift
Mirror Move
Fly

Parasect Lv 47:

Spore
Mega Drain
Swords Dance
Leech Life

Snorlax Lv 47:

Body Slam
Rest
Blizzard
Amnesia

I know that if I just get past Lapras we'll be fine. Darn you Lapras!!

Your team is full of Pokemon I've never even bothered to train. Are they any good?

vagrantwanderer

Saturated Sarcasm
Years
My Blue version has had a maxed out team of all level 100s since last year.

Raichu- Thunder, Flash, Seismic Toss, Hyper Beam
Pidgeot- Sky Attack, Fly, Mirror Move, Hyper Beam
Gyarados- Hyper beam, Surf, Strength, Ice Beam
Venasaur- Solarbeam, Hyper Beam, Razor Leaf, Cut
Ninetales- Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Dig, Hyperbeam
Dragonite- Fire Blast, Hyper Beam, Dragon Rage, Thunder

Back