• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2013
On this page and some other pages I've seen some token mentions of only being able to have 15 person events at once. . .But I've done a map with over 20 gym trainers before that worked perfectly normal. I'm assuming it's just they just can't all be close enough on the map to have more than 15 on screen at once (Which was the case in this map).

Can the Pokemon Unown, Castform, and Spinda be overwritten with new ones? I worry about the alternate Unown/Castform forms, and if the changing spots from Spinda would "infect" whatever sprite I overwrite it with. I believe I just have to get rid of Castform's ability and only overwrite Unown A's sprite for those two, correct? For Spinda I have no idea.

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
On this page and some other pages I've seen some token mentions of only being able to have 15 person events at once. . .But I've done a map with over 20 gym trainers before that worked perfectly normal. I'm assuming it's just they just can't all be close enough on the map to have more than 15 on screen at once (Which was the case in this map).

If you would like, I can point you to the NPC buffer in the ram that stores all of the data for every NPC. There are only 16 slots, and one is for the player. This is only for NPCs slightly off-screen and on-screen. I don't know what the exact distance off-screen it is, but yes, you can have a map with more, they just need to be spaced out. To test this, make a map and put 17 all real close to each other. 2 will disappear. I can promise that.

Can the Pokemon Unown, Castform, and Spinda be overwritten with new ones? I worry about the alternate Unown/Castform forms, and if the changing spots from Spinda would "infect" whatever sprite I overwrite it with. I believe I just have to get rid of Castform's ability and only overwrite Unown A's sprite for those two, correct? For Spinda I have no idea.

Yes, change Castforms ability and it should work. Spinda will always infect your pokemon, so you have to be creative. Unowns are just weird, but you can nop the code in the sprites loaders that load them and then just make them a regular pokemon, but why would you want that?:P

Does anyone have a tutorial for making the title screen animated? I already know how to make the background, but I don't know how to make the animation.

I do, but it requires custom ASM by Darthatron. I'll see if I can get the ASM open sourced. I used it for my hack and LinkandZelda used it for Liquid Crystal. You will have to know ASM first though, otherwise it will just be gibberish.

Last edited:

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
Pokefreake: Maybe a hex editor?

Master Warlord: The forme changes are stored within the Pokemon's PID, so just changing abilities will do NADA. In Pokemon Dark Rising, Spinda was overwritten with Tynamos, and the Tynamos had spots just like old Spinda. Changing an Unown would mean changing all of the formes to look like the normal one. Castform are based off of ability, so yeah, go ahead. But you could make use of it, like have 4 different Pokemon based on the same one? I don't know, get creative with it. All of the sprite changes can be accomplished through Advanced Series.

+Silverwing+: Eh, when I'm around, I'm as helpful as Karatekid.

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
Pokefreake: Maybe a hex editor?

Master Warlord: The forme changes are stored within the Pokemon's PID, so just changing abilities will do NADA. In Pokemon Dark Rising, Spinda was overwritten with Tynamos, and the Tynamos had spots just like old Spinda. Changing an Unown would mean changing all of the formes to look like the normal one. Castform are based off of ability, so yeah, go ahead. But you could make use of it, like have 4 different Pokemon based on the same one? I don't know, get creative with it. All of the sprite changes can be accomplished through Advanced Series.

+Silverwing+: Eh, when I'm around, I'm as helpful as Karatekid.

If I reply, check my replies first before posting.:P

I got permission from Darthatron to open source the code for the animated titlescreen. I will post a link here after I post it.

edit:
LINK---> http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=7748306&postcount=36

Years
still trying to download wine bottler to open the .exe I keep forgetting to leave my laptop open and its cancelled 2 times already because it takes 1h30 :(

this isn't working can someone please send me the .app of VBA-M plz.

Last edited by a moderator:

GoGoJJTech

Years
Just google vba-m and you should get a load of websites, so just get a mac version.

GoGoJJTech

Years
Google is your friend, so always go there before you ask for help.

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
It is possible to control Wild Battle and Trainer Battle themes by Scripts? I want to know. And DO NOT SEND ME TO ASM. I do not understand how programing in ASM. Someone know script to control that?

No. There is no way to do it using only scripts.

See rather than point blank refusing to learn ASM, which will get you absolutely nowhere, try actually learning how to insert it. Not write it, not understand it, just assemble and insert it.

It's easy to assemble and insert ASM, and there's normally good documentation on how to use it along with the ASM.

Try reading these threads written by people who can explain it far better than I. It explains the basic concepts behind ASM. And I'll quote a basic step by step guide on how to actually assemble and insert ASM. I can't do anything more for you than that, I'm afraid.

This explains what ASM code actually does:
http://www.romhackersonline.com/showthread.php?t=14109-The-Concept-of-ASM

And this explains how to assemble a piece of ASM code and insert it into your ROM in a usable format:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=233645

As you can see, (if you've read them) all ASM insertion actually amounts to is hex editing your ROM. You can't honestly tell me you've never done that, because that's what EVERYTHING that changes your ROM does (just in a very obfuscated manner).

If you continue to refuse to even try, all you'll do is draw ire and frustration. You have several posts in this thread which ask how to do something, and when someone answers that it needs ASM (and usually posts a link to a good tutorial explaining how to use the ASM), you basically have a hissy fit and say "Not good enough".

The scripting language is an exceedingly limited language, and many of the things you want to do simply aren't possible without delving into ASM, so I'd advise trying at the very least.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 25, 2013
Hello, I've got a quick question.
I have advance map, and I was wondering how to move the towns and cities in order to make a new region shape. any help is appreciated, Thanks:)

GoGoJJTech

Years
On the worldmap? Well if you want them to connect differently there's a map connections button on top.

Years
  • CO
  • Seen Mar 16, 2023
Question:
Is there any way to make it possible to have a pokemon ( Eevee ) have more than 5 evolutions?
In YAPE 5 seems to be the limit, so does that mean ASM is the only way to make this work?
&
Even if done will I be able to edit it in YAPE?

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
Question:
Is there any way to make it possible to have a pokemon ( Eevee ) have more than 5 evolutions?
In YAPE 5 seems to be the limit, so does that mean ASM is the only way to make this work?
&
Even if done will I be able to edit it in YAPE?

ASM is the only way, and no, YAPE could not support it even if you did insert the ASM. Best way to handle Eevee is simply to add a special case scenario to the code. You could even collapse a lot of the data by doing so, since no other Pokémon has more than 2 branches in evolution.

You would break compatibility with YAPE in doing so though.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 6, 2023
09SCHol.png

Help? Can't get mid2agb to work.Can't understand the error message either
This happens with any mid file...

GoGoJJTech

Years
JUST DRAG THE MIDI INTO MID2AGB.EXE
That will work. Read my mega-huge Sappy tutorial to understand

Years
  • Seen Dec 6, 2023
JUST DRAG THE MIDI INTO MID2AGB.EXE
That will work. Read my mega-huge Sappy tutorial to understand

That DIDN'T work, or else I wouldn't be here asking. The window just closes a split second after I drag the mid into mid2agb.exe, and there's no .s file created (nor any file, for that matter)
I've even tested the example mid that came with it, and nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back