• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner
Years
Not going to ruin it for people who don't want to know about anything happening in X & Y before it comes out, HOWEVER I just want to state that this months Coro Coro magazine announcement has made me VERY HAPPY.

Other than that, I need to get back to hunting, I want at least one new shiny before I start in on X & Y...

Years
I have extremely mixed opinions on the recent news, although shinys of what was seen would be cool.

I guess I'm not a very big fan of the recent influx of shiny distributions since I believe they sort of taint the rarity of shinies and the exhilaration you feel upon coming across one but hey, I'll get over it. Should I even continue hunting Dialga, though? I believe I'm well past 16,000 SRs.

Why not? When you look at your pokemon's entry it tells you where you got it, so it's easy to know you SRed for your shiny. Of course you could always get both the SR one and the Event one, event mons usually can have some awesome moves, or dream world abilities! They're still rare even if there's events for these mons, since the events seem to have mostly unique movesets, like V-Create Rayquaza, the old surfing pikachu or flying pikachu.

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 12, 2023
So I haven't been here in forever. Again. Hello~

I've been hunting Dialga off and on since November of last year as I've said in the few times I've remembered to post here and I just recently found out that GameStop is going to be giving out shiny Dialga.

ttac_goofy.jpg

I guess I'm not a very big fan of the recent influx of shiny distributions since I believe they sort of taint the rarity of shinies and the exhilaration you feel upon coming across one but hey, I'll get over it. Should I even continue hunting Dialga, though? I believe I'm well past 16,000 SRs.

I can see why you detest them. It makes people who don't hunt feel all awesome when they didn't really work for it. I wanna see what abilities or moves they possess. But a good point HAS been made. You can get the event one AND the SR one. It should be quite obvious which one will make you happier, yes?

In the meantime, I seem to be in a huuuuge drought. Shiny charm has brought me nothing, chaining has been a bust, and I can't seem to properly masuda on any of my games. BUT. On an emulator I was playing for my boyfriend, I DID find a shiny Buizel. First thing on the route, AND the thing I wanted. It made me a verrry happy Kiro. But I don't have a flashcart to transfer it over.:C

But now I will let you guys decide my hunt. I have all legendaries available in B2, All but Latias and Kyurem available in W2.... The Shiny freakin charm on W2 that I had hunkered down when I had nothing better to do and acquired within a week of getting the game.... I have Diamond with a complete pokedex (Means nothing but still) A Japanese SS AND Black game if I need to get pokemon to masuda with... And a whitegame I'm not entirely done with yet but I may as well not it.

So, SHC.... What should this tigerfox's next hunt be?

Spritingyoshi22

That guy over there
Years
Originally posted by Kirozane
In the meantime, I seem to be in a huuuuge drought. Shiny charm has brought me nothing, chaining has been a bust, and I can't seem to properly masuda on any of my games. BUT. On an emulator I was playing for my boyfriend, I DID find a shiny Buizel. First thing on the route, AND the thing I wanted. It made me a verrry happy Kiro. But I don't have a flashcart to transfer it over.:C

Congratz on the Buizel. If you want to transfer it to your real games then you could download this programme called Pokegen, load your save file in Pokegen, view the Buizel's data, save it as a pokemon file, upload it a site called PokeGTS, change the DNS code on your DS so it matches the DNS code shown on the site, go into the GTS with a party of 6 and you should recieve the pokemon. I would still classify this as legit as the Buizel was legit and was found by you, it has the exact same stats, nature and oreos. I wouldn't normally mention this programme as you can pretty much create any Pokemon you desire, have it be shiny or illegitimate stats, but I find it to be quite useful for transferring pokemon I find on while playing on emulators that I want to have on my real games, that and getting any event pokemon I miss.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2021
Ok, I'll admit that I haven't been active in this club, so today I want to make a fresh start again. I won't be able to do much until sometime next week, because I am very busy, but I am currently hunting for a shiny Totodile on White 2 using the Masuda Method. I'll let you know if anything happens. Bye!

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
Years
Why not? When you look at your pokemon's entry it tells you where you got it, so it's easy to know you SRed for your shiny. Of course you could always get both the SR one and the Event one, event mons usually can have some awesome moves, or dream world abilities! They're still rare even if there's events for these mons, since the events seem to have mostly unique movesets, like V-Create Rayquaza, the old surfing pikachu or flying pikachu.

I can see why you detest them. It makes people who don't hunt feel all awesome when they didn't really work for it. I wanna see what abilities or moves they possess. But a good point HAS been made. You can get the event one AND the SR one. It should be quite obvious which one will make you happier, yes?

Alright, thanks to you I've decided to get both. The most likely thing is that I'm gonna get the event before I find the shiny myself but who cares, I'll get it eventually. Woohoo.

Name

Moémon Master
Years
Hey there, new member here.
I've been trying to catch shinies since they came into existance.
It's hard!
I've only caught 1! in my entire life! and that was some low IV geodude!

I guess I've caught the red gyrados we all have a shot at getting, but I don't count that one.

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
Years
I snipped all these posts, but otherwise this post would be a mile long!

I've been hunting Dialga off and on since November of last year as I've said in the few times I've remembered to post here and I just recently found out that GameStop is going to be giving out shiny Dialga.

Should I even continue hunting Dialga, though? I believe I'm well past 16,000 SRs.

At the end of the day, the only person who matters for shinies is yourself. So IMO as long as you know that you have obtained it the hard way then who cares about the giveaway - yours would still be more special.

... found a shiny ursaring in Mt. Silver... I went to throw a ball and then...

"The Pokemon Box is full! Can't use that item!"

... I found a shiny Boldore! Threw a Quick Ball immediately and caught it (62.8% chance with Quick Ball).

Sucks on the Ursaring, not something I had ever considered before! Definitely will bear in mind in future! But Boldore is a cool one.

Not going to ruin it for people who don't want to know about anything happening in X & Y before it comes out, HOWEVER I just want to state that this months Coro Coro magazine announcement has made me VERY HAPPY.

To be honest, I am not so sure myself but will wait for it to come out....

... chaining has been a bust,

Please don't take this the wrong way but do you still remember the 'rules' of chaining? A refresher course may be useful if you are a little vague.

...., I DID find a shiny Buizel. First thing on the route, AND the thing I wanted. It made me a verrry happy Kiro.

Wow, that's a cool one :)

Alright, thanks to you I've decided to get both. ... I'll get it eventually. Woohoo.

As above, the Woohoo suggests you are still super excited for it so keep going!

So far Icought shiney Charmendar,Charmeleon,Charizard,Pikachu,Raichu,Squirtle,Wartortle,Blastoise

Now Im Finding All 1 Gen Siny Pokemons

Im A Member Or Not?

Yup you are a member just by posting :)

Out of interest, are you aiming to have 1x Charmander, 1x Charmeleon, 1x Charizard at the same time, or 1 that has evolved to count as all 3? Up to you, either way is good, just interested.

Hey there, new member here.
I've been trying to catch shinies since they came into existance.
It's hard!
I've only caught 1! in my entire life! and that was some low IV geodude!

I guess I've caught the red gyrados we all have a shot at getting, but I don't count that one.

Most people don't count Gyarados. I have it on my card, but it is obvious it is the Lake of Rage one. My brother has spent many many hours on pokemon games and still not found a legit shiny, so 'only' one is a negative way to look at an amazing thing that you have actually found one :)

Name

Moémon Master
Years
For a while I was trying to breed for a shiny.
That didn't work out either.
But I did wind up with some good IVs!

Poki

Banned
Years
Hello. :P
Shinies I have encountered/caught:
Golbat - My first shiny ever. I caught it in the Emerald version, but I had to restart the game.
Electabuzz - My second shiny, and my loyal team member on Pokemon Crystal.
Gyarados - I caught it at the Lake Of Rage. (Crystal version)
Poliwhirl - I accidentally made it faint while trying to weaken it. (Again, on Crystal version)
Seaking - I was in a battle and the trainer sent it out.

Question: Can I make a few userbars for the club? I love making those. :3

Last edited:

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
Years
Well today will be a 12 hour, 3 console shiny hunting marathon, and after 7 encounters it got off to a good start:

Spoiler:

It had been roughly 5000-6000 RE's since my last shiny, so a short(ish) search. Would make my month if I found another today, but unlikely. At 600 RE's today though so far so may yet happen.

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 12, 2023
Please don't take this the wrong way but do you still remember the 'rules' of chaining? A refresher course may be useful if you are a little vague.

I do actually! I just have never had much luck with it. I've had max repels, watch where my patch is, carefully choose my next patch but I have to believe my diamond just hates me.

But still: I don't know what to hunt next. I wanna give chaining another shot, but I have a lot I can MM or RE and.... ugh... Just pick a sinnoh, johto, Kanto or unova route. I can't make up my own mind. XD

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
Years
.... ugh... Just pick a sinnoh, johto, Kanto or unova route. I can't make up my own mind. XD

Depending how many you like to RE on at the same time, here goes:

1) Choose your favourite cartridge. The one you have the most luck on, have found most shinies, has coolest trainer name. If in doubt, I choose SS/HG then D/P/Pt then B/W/B2/W2.

2) Routes I have chosen because I think the pokemon you can find are cool:

Kanto: Route 18 [COLOR="01"]LINK[/COLOR] - I recommend night time
Johto: Route 36 LINK
Sinnoh: Route 228 LINK
Unova: Desert Resort LINK

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Hey guys! It has been a while since I last got a shiny, but I have some good news. I have actually gotten 2 and found a 3rd that I had on my White version.

I MMed both of these, Taillow was on my White 2 while Ralts I got on my Black 1. Taillow took a little more than 100 eggs while Ralts took over 500 maybe even close to 1000 eggs. I really don't know on the Ralts egg lol.

The Beldum I had was a Lv 7 and He has Relaxed Nature and Clear Body. I don't know why I didn't see this one when I first joined. Because Beldum, is one of my favorite shines.

So it looks like I will be looking for a Shiny Dark, Ghost, Ice, or Electric type for this month's challenge. I am not sure what I will be looking for yet, maybe an Absol in honor of Mega Absol and Absol is one of my favorite pokemon, just wish he would have gotten a real evolution and not a Mega.

I'll be updating my shining list soon... if I can find it that is. Also, I will have pictures up later of the Ralts and Taillow. The ones I posted last night were not showing up for me, so I deleted them. I may not post photos though,

Current Shinies:

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
I didn't even know this club existed. I have lots of shinies, though the only shiny picture I got live was Cyndaquil from 2 months back. Funny thing was, I wasn't even trying. I tried getting a starter with decent stats and in the 3rd reset this beauty just came out.

Spoiler:

Even more intriguing is that this one just happened to be a female, 1/8 chance on top of 1/8192 chance, whoa.

I'll "reveal" more in the future if I don't feel so lazy, but right now that's all the proof I have.

Back