• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon tsunami - my first game

Yellow_lover

♥♥♥
Years
Well, er... This my first game... I'm really a C-H-I-C-K-E-N if it comes to programming however... But have a look at this.

~Game name~
Pokemon Tsunami

~Maker~
Yellow_lover

~What's new~
1. New map: Aquatic region (name may change)
2. Characters from Pokemon special manga (RGBY, GSC and RS)-as well as new characters, new GYMs, new leaders, new badges!

3. Aero-style (look at the screens and you'll see)
4. Shared Network System - SNS (need a better name): You may use your friend's pokemon or even your enemy's after beating the champion (explain later)
5. As Prof.Oak is on a trip, Daisy will take his place as your guide.
6. You may enter the parallel dimension some times in the game with the help of Porygons.
7. Final battles with chosen trainers instead of Elite four!
~Storyline~
Spoiler:

~Screenshots~
Spoiler:

~Staff~

Godness! I've been doing it myself all the time. I don't even know what do I need... If anyone wants, plz plz help me T_T

PS: OMG! I posted it at the wrong place! Someone plz move it nto showcases or somewhere...

Last edited:

The Dash

Hurr.
Years
You do know that RS took place after FRLG, don't you?

It looks pretty good actually, all I can advise is that you try and make your graphics fit in together. Right now it's like.. A blend of Pokémon and Generic Photoshop.

Also, what is with the Apple logo PC Box? o.O

PB.

'PB
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 2, 2011
Also, what is with the Apple logo PC Box? o.O

I saw that, I just thought it was just a fun background for the PC;

I Think the game looks really cool, diffrent to the classic ROM Haks that appear. The battles look really cool.

Are there anymore screen shots?

Flameguru

Pokemon: Metallic Silver
Years
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
Well, this game needs some work.

1) First off, FR/LG comes before R/S/E. You probably confused this because FR/LG came out after R/S/E, but infact, since they are remakes of R/B/Y it means the storyline is before R/S/E. So, fix your storyline a bit.

2) The Textbox in Pokemon Games is never transparent. Not only that, but it looks kinda ugly. Consider changing it to a solid color (White) or making it nicer.

3) Apple Logo? If it says PC it isn't an Apple :P

4) Those graphics look cool, but...they don't fit in with the stock Pokemon Graphics. Change everything or don't change anything, plain and simple.

5) The Dawn sprite needs fixed up, its blurry.

6) On purpose or not, you seem to have skipped the G/S/C generation of trainers. But with the fixed storyline, it basically takes place in the same time as G/S/C so I could see why...

Hope you consider some of these concerns. Good Luck on your game ;)

Years
For most of the graphics, see above, Flameguru's number 4. (In the fourth screenshot, consider taking Dawn's sprite out. Apparently, D/P characters aren't going to be in this game, so her sprite isn't needed. Even if the sprite's for a new character, I strongly recommend making/using a different sprite.)

As for the plot, it's very good, but I'm curious about some points. For example, is the player going to start off as a beginning trainer? I see that Daisy will be a guide, so I guess so. Assuming that the player starts off as a beginner though, it wouldn't make sense if the player got invited to the tournament for elites, unless you modify the tournament to allow any random trainer to join. Aside from that, is the tournament going to last throughout the game? Or is the player going to go through a series of events to reach the tournament? Or is--... -brain explodes-

This game has lots of potential; I'll be watching it. Good luck to you! n__n

Yellow_lover

♥♥♥
Years
You do know that RS took place after FRLG, don't you?
Well, eheheheh... just take it as my mistake, ok? I'll fix it later.

It's just like other pokemon games. Collect 8 badges. ONLY the last battles will be replaced with the finals.

OK, about the "elites", I've got a new idea: When searching for a trainer to take Green's place, "he" suddenly saw your battle, and decide to choose you...
The sprites is just for testing. I'll modify later.
Anyway, thanks everyone for your advices.

PS: There's more! GSC is NOT removed! They shall appear later in the storyline! And the graphic is not completed yet! And! About the SNS: After an event... for example, in the Long Brigis battle, you fight together with Ruby, after the final you will be able to connect to his pc and use his own pokemons!

About the strange things, just take it as a new storyline XD

Last edited:

Pkmn_knight

A Knight Of Pokemon
Years
Well, eheheheh... just take it as my mistake, ok? I'll fix it later.

It's just like other pokemon games. Collect 8 badges. ONLY the last battles will be replaced with the finals.

OK, about the "elites", I've got a new idea: When searching for a trainer to take Green's place, "he" suddenly saw your battle, and decide to choose you...
The sprites is just for testing. I'll modify later.
Anyway, thanks everyone for your advices.

PS: There's more! GSC is NOT removed! They shall appear later in the storyline! And the graphic is not completed yet! And! About the SNS: After an event... for example, in the Long Brigis battle, you fight together with Ruby, after the final you will be able to connect to his pc and use his own pokemons!

About the strange things, just take it as a new storyline XD
The Pluriel or Pokemon is Pokemon. Also you better make GSC have the best bit.
They were the best games.

Youji

Game Designer
Years
it looks come when will it come out ??
o.O It looks come?

Okay your game looks cool. I think your Statusbar looks really great but as the others said
4) Those graphics look cool, but...they don't fit in with the stock Pokemon Graphics. Change everything or don't change anything, plain and simple

But keep it up.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2023
I think that this game is a very good development, and I will be staying with it.

However, I agree about the graphics. Perhaps you should have a rethink of all of the graphics?

Yellow_lover

♥♥♥
Years
Oops, I've got a problem here: I created all maps but... I don't know how to connect them (not by using transfer command, in the connected demo there're no event)

@rockyboy: Yeah, I'll think of it.

The Smell

Doof-Man
Years
Go into PBS and look at connections.txt. It will explain the most. And, to do the North/South bit, say the map was Pallet Town to Route 1, Pallet Towns number would be North. The numbers are found in the Map Properties.

Anyway! Game looks great! I really like the story! :D

~Smell

Years
  • Seen Mar 17, 2011
This game looks very promising! I for one, think it looks really good, and I wouldn't change much, other than the obvious mistakes you made. Since this is a FAN game...I wouldn't really worry about the looks of if for right now.
3) Apple Logo? If it says PC it isn't an Apple :P

That makes no sense...PC stands for Personal Computer, so even Apples are considered PC's. While most people think that PC means Windows, that is simply not correct. What should I call my linux box, Penguin Computer? It's a PC, Personal Computer.

Yellow_lover

♥♥♥
Years
yo! Long time no see. I've been busy lately. First, I shoulda say thanks for the advices. Second, there're a few problems here. My hard disk's down, so I'm doing it again from the start. And there I meet some problem.
+ First, about the "link system". I've been thinking bout it. It's hard to explain, but here goes... Have I told you bout how the characters from pokemon special were there, right? Yes, that's it. Ruby, Sapphire and so on... of course there're some new chars. After a special event, yes, SPECIAL event, you will receive an item called "sb's card" (name may changes). For example, "Ruby's card" for Ruby. It's pretty simple right? Now's the hard part. I want a new button when you access your pc which, when pushed, display a menu contains names of the cards, each links to another page just like your pc, but is that person's. In other words, enable you to use their pkms. For example, when you get "Sapphire's card", in the menu appear when you access your pc, under "someone's pc" there will be "Sapphire's pc". When you choose that, you will be sent to Sapphire's page, which contains Blaziken, etc, and you can do anything just like in your pc. And it will only be activated after you complete the tournament. I know it's hard but... well, er... like, can anyone help me?

+ Second. Not really a game problem. My RMXP has some prob with it lately. When I create a new project, I always receive an error: "Failed copy folder". And when I run the game from the main window, it's always "Failed creating process". Just what the **** is going on? Can anyone tell me?

+ Third. Not really a problem either. In the starter kit, I noticed 2 connected map (well, actually 2 connected maps, but it looks exactly like 1 map. Yes, it's easy if you create a larger map and hide all black spaces. The problem here is, there're NO event where the 2 maps is connected! All I could think about is those rocks there. I tried many times but it's useless if I don't understand, right? Anyone can explain?

Well, it's all for today. Hope I'll have an answer soon.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
The connected maps are defined in the file PBS/Connections.txt. And try redownloading and installing RMXP.

HeavyOctillery

Locked & Loaded
Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2018
Y'know, you said you're a newbie to programming, but for your first game, this is EXCELLENT.

I've been thinking about making a PokeSpecial-involved fangame, myself; there doesn't really seem to be any these days. All of them are either anime-involved, or involved with neither; this is a refreshing change of pace. And a very nice touch with the character art with the message boxes.

First game or not, this can end up really good.

ke14nt

king of Kingz
Years
  • Seen Jan 5, 2012
hey i like the story of the game.. eventhough there were some mistakes..goodlck..

Back