• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
okay, now i have another little question,
sorry if i'm asking to much, but it's the best way to learn stuff...

so i'm using the game FR,
and the thing i'm trying to do is,
by talking to a Sign with a yes/no question (this part is working already),
but the thing is that i want to add a sort of 'event' when choosing yes,
if yes, i want to let an item appear on a table close to me.

i know i have to work with a flag and such, but how can you let something be hidden first and appear later? what command is better to use in this case...

in the spoiler you can find what i already have.

Spoiler:

Greetz,
ShaHar

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
okay, now i have another little question,
sorry if i'm asking to much, but it's the best way to learn stuff...

so i'm using the game FR,
and the thing i'm trying to do is,
by talking to a Sign with a yes/no question (this part is working already),
but the thing is that i want to add a sort of 'event' when choosing yes,
if yes, i want to let an item appear on a table close to me.

i know i have to work with a flag and such, but how can you let something be hidden first and appear later? what command is better to use in this case...

in the spoiler you can find what i already have.

Spoiler:

Greetz,
ShaHar

You need to create a header in the map that sets the flag of the item you want hidden, unless a certain flag or variable is set (the one set when you hit yes in your script). You just need to use "03 On entering map/not on menu close" in A-Map.

ManInTheMask

Pro Hacker
Years
  • Seen Oct 27, 2016
What about a script that changes the original wild battle music into any song you want for a wild battle not executed by script command, but by stuff like grass, or water, etc.

Years
  • Seen May 16, 2014
I'm sure someone has asked this before, but there's just too many pages to look through :p Anyways, is there a known Flag that enables the National Dex in FireRed? I know that 0x829 activates the regular Pokedex, but 2 of the Starters in the hack I'm making aren't from Kanto, so they won't be able to evolve without the National Dex, which is why I want the Player's starting Pokedex to just be the National Dex.

I've been looking online for a while and all I'm seeing are weird scripts or things involving ASM, the former I don't want and latter I don't know. Just a Flag or a simple way to enable it. Anyone know how?

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
I'm sure someone has asked this before, but there's just too many pages to look through :p Anyways, is there a known Flag that enables the National Dex in FireRed? I know that 0x829 activates the regular Pokedex, but 2 of the Starters in the hack I'm making aren't from Kanto, so they won't be able to evolve without the National Dex, which is why I want the Player's starting Pokedex to just be the National Dex.

I've been looking online for a while and all I'm seeing are weird scripts or things involving ASM, the former I don't want and latter I don't know. Just a Flag or a simple way to enable it. Anyone know how?

You unlock the National Dex in FR/LG by using the command 'special 0x16F'.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Fuji, my dude, lol. Awesome. How would I go about putting it into my script, instead of "setflag 0x829" could I just put "special 0x16F"?

Unfortunately, no because 'setflag 0x829' makes the Pokedex option appear on the pause screen, while 'special 0x16F' upgrades the Pokedex. While you should be able to evolve non-Kanto Pokemon, if you try to use the special without setting the flag then you won't be able to open the Pokedex on the menu at all.

Years
  • Seen May 16, 2014
You need to do both. Setting the flag of 0x829 shows the pokedex in the menu.

Unfortunately, no because 'setflag 0x829' makes the Pokedex option appear on the pause screen, while 'special 0x16F' upgrades the Pokedex. While you should be able to evolve non-Kanto Pokemon, if you try to use the special without setting the flag then you won't be able to open the Pokedex on the menu at all.

Cool beans. Thanks, guy (:

Thrasher24

~Legendary Master~
Years
1. where do i got to request sprites?
2. has any1 made pkmn white/black for the GBA? (like a hack of gba game, but turned it in2 b/w)
3. how do i change the battle scene trainer sprites? (emerald)
4. whats a 'basic' text editor for emerald? a-text editor only works for FR/LG (mayB R/S) but not emerald. (Unless i need a patch or ad on or somthing)

Years
  • Seen Mar 15, 2024
Specific trainer battle music

hi
i successfully imported a team rocket battle midi into my leaf green and it works brilliantly. However i dont know how to make this battle music only be used by team rocket grunts. I replaced the music for R/S trainer battle music. So how do i make team rocket grunts use this battle music without making every trainer in the game use it?

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
1. where do i got to request sprites?
2. has any1 made pkmn white/black for the GBA? (like a hack of gba game, but turned it in2 b/w)
3. how do i change the battle scene trainer sprites? (emerald)
4. whats a 'basic' text editor for emerald? a-text editor only works for FR/LG (mayB R/S) but not emerald. (Unless i need a patch or ad on or somthing)

1) You could try the Pixel Art section of the Art Gallery, but I think you will have a tough time getting somebody to sprite for you if you request anything more than one or two sprites.

2) Not to my knowledge.

3) You can use a tutorial like this one. It is based on FR/LG, but the steps should be more or less the same for Emerald.

4) A-Text is as basic as you can get and there aren't any editors that work 100% with Emerald off the top of my head. I would suggest getting a script editor like XSE so you can make your own scripts, rather than editing the text of others.

Years
  • Seen Oct 31, 2011
I'm very new to rom hacking and I was starting to hack the Gold version. First I wanted to add my own bitmap sprite for the character in the game. Then I'd like to edit one of the gym leaders name and sprite and stuff also. That's really all for tight now I guess.

~Anbuja

Let's Keep It Simple
Years
Question:
I inserted a pokemon OW it's a flying type pokemon so i want it to make like it is flying on the mapps...soooo
In a-map the Ow inserted and such give no problems...but the movement to make it run up down makes it only walk one tile up and one tile down and that looks very unnatural sooo i wanted to ask is that another Movement type you give the OW in a-map(i tryed all) or is it a script that make the ow walk for example 6 tiles up and 6 tiles down and that all reapeting again...?

Question:
I inserted a pokemon OW it's a flying type pokemon so i want it to make like it is flying on the mapps...soooo
In a-map the Ow inserted and such give no problems...but the movement to make it run up down makes it only walk one tile up and one tile down and that looks very unnatural sooo i wanted to ask is that another Movement type you give the OW in a-map(i tryed all) or is it a script that make the ow walk for example 6 tiles up and 6 tiles down and that all reapeting again...?

Last edited:

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Question:

In FR there are a number of Bikers on Cycling Road that constantly move up and down like you want - It would be easiest to see how they move and copy their data. Most of their movement values (The window underneath movement type in AMap) are set at 61 so I would suggest changing your NPC's value to match it. While I haven't messed around with this a lot, I'm inclined to believe that the first number you place in the movement value window will correspond to the number of squares the NPC will move in one direction, in this case, six. If someone wants to correct me on that last point, then go ahead :)

Years
  • Seen Mar 15, 2024
Hi i have been trying to get team rocket grunts to use the R/S trainer battle music. I followed Mastermind_Xs tutorial. However when i start the game it wont go past the intro screen (it freezes at the moment the gamefreak logo is supposed to come up) whats more i loaded a savestate and it works. But whenever a sound effect is supposed to play or if the music is supposed to chnge the game freezes. Im using Fire Red (U) v1.0

Any idea whats wrong?

Pingouin_7

Hello, I am attempting to hack the first generation of Pokémon.
More specifically, Pokémon Blue.

I am trying to hack three things.

First, I would like to be able to edit the sprites of the Pokémon. The reason why I want to do that is because I am attempting to edit Pokémon Blue and make it into an English Pokémon Green.
Right now, I am basing myself on two patches, one made by Chaos Rush which changes the graphics back to those from the original Japanese Green (Thanks a lot for that patch, BTW) and another one which changes the titlescreen so that it has Bulbasaur and says Pokémon Green version on it (I did that part. Some person from romhacking.net helped me for editing the Blue Version text, though.)

Second, I would like to be able to edit the Game Corner prizes. I am attemting to make a minor hack of Blue so that it becomes, in essence, a translation of the Japanese Blue version.
Right now I can handle editing the wild Pokémon and in-game trades, but I'm stuck with editing the Game Corner prizes.

Last but not least, I want to edit the SGB border of the mentionned above Pokémon Blue rom to the SGB border from the original Green version.
(I know Coolboyman knows how to that, judging by Pokémon Brown. I PMed him, but if anyone else knows, I wouldn't mind your help.)

I don't mind hex editing as long as I know what I'm doing and what I'm editing.
In fact, it would be preferable if I was hex editing, because then I would actually learn something about rom hacking, because all those previous rom edits were all done with programs that do all the work for you.

Thanks in advance to whoever has the knowledge and time to reply to me.

NismoZ

SMW Hacker
Years
  • Seen Oct 14, 2011
I have two questions. First, are trainer battle sprites (in FireRed, sorry about missing that :P) uncompressed (like most of the other graphics) in the ROM? Secondly, and related, where are they?

Last edited:

link12552

decade club
Years
I have two questions. First, are trainer battle sprites (in FireRed, sorry about missing that :P) uncompressed (like most of the other graphics) in the ROM? Secondly, and related, where are they?

Nope, they're compressed.
In BPRE:
The table for the Image Offsets is at 0x23957C
and the palette table is at 0x239A1C

Tools that can open compressed images like NSE (there's a plugin) or UnlZ(they're in there somewhere) can display and edit these.
I think there are some Trainer-Editing tools as well.

Sephiroth2009

Banned
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2011
I inserted my big Intro sprites into my game. They come out fine so I'm inclined to believe that I did something right. However after choosing a name they look minorly different. The rival is the strangest part. Again, everything is fine.

rival.PNG

However again, after choosing a name manually this happens.

rival1.PNG

I used Dante's tutorial, I don't understand why this happens. Can someone please help me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back