• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tales of Namco ★ Club~

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
lol, not much of a teaser. They do work fast though, don't they? Xillia was barely released in September and already a new game is being developed. Kinda figured they do an enhance version before working on something new. Oh well, let's just hope it's on a console I currently own.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
They release a new flagship title once every year or two though, don't they? This one may not even be released this year if they're only starting to tease it now. Xillia was just released last year, yeah, but it was first teasted in summer 2010. So we'll probably see the next one in 2013.

I'm a little torn on the idea of an enhanced version of Xillia. I mean, I don't care either way if it gets one but the only time they've really done re-releases so close to the original release is when they're porting the game. There's no way Xillia will be released on 360 and that's really the only valid port it could get in this generation. But despite that, it was also unfinished when it was released--they said that a lot of things (including characters!) ended up on the cutting room floor so they wouldn't have to delay the game. Everyone I know who's played it seems to like it well enough but most of them agree that it doesn't seem as polished as it could be. So I do sort of expect them to release a polished version. Maybe they'll wait until the Wii U has been released and port it to that with all the additions? *shrug*

The reveal of the next Tales game on the website is set to coincide with Tales Festival this year, so hopefully any trailer or information they show for it will be publicly available too instead of taking place behind closed doors-only like previous years. :3

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
I think they mentioned an important quote about the new game. Something along the lines of "Are you willing to destroy the world to save one girl's life?" Personally, I think this sounds a lot like Symphonia.

Cherrim

Years
And Vesperia and Abyss if they'd chosen to focus more on Tear and...

XD; It's not a very original line, especially in a JRPG.

Apparently the X in "TALES OF NEXT" on the web page has been flashing the same purple as the Xillia logo. So I think we're getting Xillia 2. :s

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Is that what they're going to do? Hnnn... Well I'm still hoping that they do something for Symphonia next year then. But.. eh. I haven't played Xillia so I can't have much of an opinion of whether I can be excited for a Xillia 2 or not. :x

So I'll be excited about this instead! 8D

ToSUWPack2CE.jpg

I reaaaallly wished I had the money to buy this episode. ;;

Years
Jeez. The wait is killing meh. But sadly it's going to be Kratos Route isn't it? ;______;

That's what the Bonus Disk said...But isn't Colette Route Canon? DDDDDD:

Zelos. ;_______________;

Cherrim

Years
Honestly, I'm very behind on the ToS anime (I never finished the Tethe'alla arc) so I don't even know what details confirm the route they're taking but... has it been stated anywhere that they're explicitly following one route or another? Unlike the game where it would have been ridiculous to have 9 party members at all time (with two being virtually identical), the anime won't really be confined by game mechanics. They could pretty much just follow the Colette route and have Kratos rejoin the main group anyway, couldn't they? :s

They can't really mess too much with canon unless they want to make ToS2 take place on an entirely different timeline since Zelos is still a main character in it.

Years
That's what I was thinking. Because Zelos is still in TOTA2...

But look at this:

Spoiler:

You guys played the actual game so not much of a spoiler but pretty much just showing what route they're probably using.

Edit: LOL It's a parody of Detective Conan. XD

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I don't see why they would parody the route they are going to use. But if they kill off Zelos I would at least like to see some backstory and Seles. But until we see the episode and see what happens I would still like to think that it's up in the air. 'Sides, they could always do what the manga did. Also, if they were going to kill off the character I would imagine that the boxart would be of that character and his sister not Mithos and Martel. Buuuut that's just my opinion. Zelos is much more popular in Japan after all (took number one spot in the popularity poll).

As for the ending they've already said that the ending will be different than the games. Though I'm not sure if they mean slightly as if to make up for Tabatha not being in the OVA or something more drastic.

But, I want my Kharlan Heroes, and that boxart and camera pic of Mithos and Martel (too lazy to go get it BUT THERE WAS ONE) is making it pretty certain that there will be more Kharlan Hero in the OVA which will make this girl one happy fangirl.

As for the Omake I still find it hilarious when Yuan says 'There is only one truth' when I'm used to Mithos' VA (who voices Conan from Detective Conan) saying it all the time haha.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
Apparently the X in "TALES OF NEXT" on the web page has been flashing the same purple as the Xillia logo. So I think we're getting Xillia 2. :s

No, they already dismissed that possibility. They said it will also take place in a more modern setting.

Cherrim

Years
'Sides, they could always do what the manga did.
What did the manga do? (I have the first two or three volumes but I totally forgot about it after that, apparently. T_T)
No, they already dismissed that possibility. They said it will also take place in a more modern setting.
Oh, I missed that, I guess.

I'm a little excited for the modernity thing. Are we finally going to get a Tales game that takes place at the height of a technological era instead of thousands of years later when the only technology is stuff unearthed by archeologists? 9_9

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
What did the manga do? (I have the first two or three volumes but I totally forgot about it after that, apparently. T_T)
The manga took both routes and put them together. Zelos lived after betraying them, but Kratos joined them for the final battle. Sort of like what you had said in your previous post.

Spoilers for United World and such nya.
Spoiler:

~Ryukaa

total nerd
Years
I'm really considering cosplaying for this convention I go to every year called Manifest. o3o
Because I'm really lazy when it comes down to wigs, I'm thinking of just going as Jude from Xillia.
The costume's 90 bucks, though... not to mention shoes... and his gauntlets.
Ooooh, boy. Cosplaying's not cheap. xD;

Anyway, I'm craving Graces. Can't wait for it.
Also, Namdai better make some awesome announcement about Symphonia on Wii U at E3. I know you can do it, Namdai.

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
Years
Last edited:

~Ryukaa

total nerd
Years
Aww, no. D:
For some reason, I'm kinda disappointed. Ah, well.
Can't really say if it's going to be good or not. Hopefully, it will be.
If Namdai announces the first game over E3, I'd be over the moon, though. o3o

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I was reading one of my friend's plurk and a reason why some people might seem disappointed because compared to the other sequels Xillia 2 is coming out so much sooner after Xillia was released. Not that it wasn't expected as Erica (and I'm sure others) have called it but eh. I can't have an opinion because I never played Xillia.

So lol they lied when they said it would be a completely new mothership title.

NOW TO BUG YOU GUYS WITH NEWS THAT YOU JUST MIGHT IGNORE OVER XILLIA 2
tos_main_120531.jpg

The PV is/was shown in the Tales of Festival so hopefully Animate will be putting it up on their site soon. I wanna see it so bad. But here are the small images from the main website that they put up when they finally put up more info on the episode:
Spoiler:

Also this which was in the Tales of Magazine. Not a high quality but hopefully there will be a higher quality one soon!:

Spoiler:

You guys can obviously see where my priorities are.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
So instead of an enhanced version, I guess they just decided to go straight for a sequel instead. Hard to get excited when I've yet to play the first game, but definitely looked more modern (the dude's outfit for one)

I guess QTE are the new addition for this entry?

Cherrim

Years
I knew it would be Xillia 2. :P I think the whole "it'll be an entirely new mothership title" was either a mistranslation or they include sequels as mothership titles. Either is likely, I suppose. I'm not too terribly thrilled about this since I haven't played Xillia.

That said, the new UK Tales twitter had some interesting tweets earlier:
"Tales fans I know you are all excited for Tales of Xillia 2 but all I can tell you right now is to stay tuned!"
source
Yep all I can say right now is we are listening to you and please stay tuned for more info.
source

Is Xillia on the table for localization...?

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
Years
I knew it would be Xillia 2. :P I think the whole "it'll be an entirely new mothership title" was either a mistranslation or they include sequels as mothership titles. Either is likely, I suppose. I'm not too terribly thrilled about this since I haven't played Xillia.

That said, the new UK Tales twitter had some interesting tweets earlier:

Is Xillia on the table for localization...?

Here some possibly good news :)
Namco Bandai Has A Little "Surprise" For Tales of Fans In The West

~Ryukaa

total nerd
Years

Awww, yesss! Can't wait for this! : D

Also, translation:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Back