• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
EDIT EDIT:
Don't worry I figured it out

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 7, 2023
Hey. I've been away for some time and i'm a bit rusty. I like to tweek the game for personal enjoyment and i was trying to change ghost moves to make them special type (on fr) and dark moves to make them physical. I tried using the attack editor that comes with the GBA pokemon game editor set and for some reason it says all the moves a physical type which seems strange. Thanks for any help you can give me.

.parado✗

paranormal user
Years
As far as I know, there wasn't a real differece between physical moves and special moves but I heard of a patch, that includes a ASM routine, which differs the attacks..

Still have fun at romhacking, dude ;)

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
As far as I know, there wasn't a real differece between physical moves and special moves but I heard of a patch, that includes a ASM routine, which differs the attacks..

Still have fun at romhacking, dude ;)

The main difference that I know of between them is when it comes to abilities such as Static which, when a physical move is used on that pokemon, can cause the other pokemon to be paralyzed. Not completely sure, but I'm pretty sure that abilities like those are the main reason for physical/special moves.

Years
  • Seen May 7, 2023
The main difference that I know of between them is when it comes to abilities such as Static which, when a physical move is used on that pokemon, can cause the other pokemon to be paralyzed. Not completely sure, but I'm pretty sure that abilities like those are the main reason for physical/special moves.

the main reason why i wanted to adjust them was because then dark would be even more effective against psychic (most psychic types have poor physical defense) and because i gengar (who i love) more effective by transferring its attack evs to its special attack evs.

karatekid552

Years
the main reason why i wanted to adjust them was because then dark would be even more effective against psychic (most psychic types have poor physical defense) and because i gengar (who i love) more effective by transferring its attack evs to its special attack evs.

Then yes, you should probably do as .paradox stated and find the physical/special split patch and then apply it. From there you should be able to edit the effects as you please. I know in the origional Advance gen games, the physical/special attacks were actually based on type. So like all fighting moves physical and such. This may be what you are encountering.

kj3400

Wants a Magneton for a Charger
Years
  • Seen May 11, 2014
Ok. I'm wondering is it possible to have like some sort of train line running through my region like in G/S/C/HG/SS? But with more than two stations?

karatekid552

Years
Ok. I'm wondering is it possible to have like some sort of train line running through my region like in G/S/C/HG/SS? But with more than two stations?

Anything is possible, it is just a question of how. The easiest way I could see is creating a train ow and when you board the train in the building, warping outside (keeping your player hidden) and moving the train and the player exactly the same. Then fade out, warp to the next train station, fade in and have the train come to a stop, then warp to inside the train station and show the player getting off.

kj3400

Wants a Magneton for a Charger
Years
  • Seen May 11, 2014
Fascinating. And if I wanted to have a map of the inside of the train I'd just warp to that map? Is there a limit on how big the train OW can be?

Last edited:

karatekid552

Years
Fascinating. And if I wanted to have a map of the inside of the train I'd just warp to that map? Is there a limit on how big the train OW can be?

1) Yes, you could just warp in. It would be just like the ship in RSE.

2) I have no clue. The biggest OW I have seen is the S.S. Anne. You won't be able to make an OW that big in NSE. It will require hex editing to make the dimensions that size, but I feel like if the S.S. Anne could be that big, why couldn't you go bigger?

Mr. Whiscash

Unegged Hatch
Years
  • Seen May 8, 2016
So, as a very new newbie to GSC Hacking, I'm trying to find a good tool to expand my Crystal rom to allow for Gym Leaders to have more Pokemon than initially allowed. Pardon me if I'm being vague but I'm very rusty on my terminology as well.

Years
  • Seen Dec 17, 2018
Advanced text all the sudden stopped working

ill either get blank texts in the introduction of the game
or straight up giberish and if i try to save i get

The Text you entered is longer than the old on.
When you Continue, the Text needs to be Re-pointed to another location.

Due the fact fo that, the INI file will be changed and you cant edit the text of a clean ROM with that INI file again, until you restore it back to the original one.

Do you want to Re-Point?

Whether i repoint or not, itll say saved, but wont change a thing, whether its blank or giberish it plays the regular text. And if redownloaded Advance Text, changed ini files(redownloaded), redownloaded FireRed, even used a Previous version of my game that worked before hand. and nothing .-.

And now some maps wont switch another map, and it goes to black screen and freezes, which it did not do this before, its happening to 2 out 4 maps that have been opened and inserted to replace a previous map. and one copied from the game and edited. .-.

Last edited:

karatekid552

Years
Advanced text all the sudden stopped working

ill either get blank texts in the introduction of the game
or straight up giberish and if i try to save i get

The Text you entered is longer than the old on.
When you Continue, the Text needs to be Re-pointed to another location.

Due the fact fo that, the INI file will be changed and you cant edit the text of a clean ROM with that INI file again, until you restore it back to the original one.

Do you want to Re-Point?

Whether i repoint or not, itll say saved, but wont change a thing, whether its blank or giberish it plays the regular text. And if redownloaded Advance Text, changed ini files(redownloaded), redownloaded FireRed, even used a Previous version of my game that worked before hand. and nothing .-.

And now some maps wont switch another map, and it goes to black screen and freezes, which it did not do this before, its happening to 2 out 4 maps that have been opened and inserted to replace a previous map. and one copied from the game and edited. .-.

I have this feeling you corrupted your rom and should try and move all of your data to a new rom. In the meantime, we need to troubleshoot A-text.

-if you can, put the A-text program on a flash drive and try to run it on another computer. It may be your computer preventing A-text from running properly.
-if it is indeed your computer, try creating a new account and working on that one. If that doesn't work, give CCleaner a try and clean everything.
-if A-text still proves to be the problem, find a different download link. There has to be a cause somewhere.

Years
So...I haven't touched the Sevii Island event scripts, but all of a sudden the event order is messed up. When you go to One Island for the first time and go into the PC and step on the script, the script runs and sends me home like I've already completed the quest...

I can't think of anything I've done, and it used to work...

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
So...I haven't touched the Sevii Island event scripts, but all of a sudden the event order is messed up. When you go to One Island for the first time and go into the PC and step on the script, the script runs and sends me home like I've already completed the quest...

I can't think of anything I've done, and it used to work...

Maybe you have set the flag that checks if you already finished the event. If so change the checkflag with another flag. :)

Years
  • Seen Dec 17, 2018
ill try that later tonight but now i have come across another problem,i did a trainer battle script and it all is orking perfectly up to the point of the trainer, the battle starts,text good,but it isnt the trainer i saved, i did the 1st one
which is an aqua person with ekans
and i changed it to a full team and it puts that,but when i reopen the rom it shows what i did

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Hi everyone, I'm quite new at GSC hacking and use TRNPKMN to hack crystal trainers, and a few of them trainers remain the same, such as the last rocket executive in Mahogany Town. Please help quickly as I am trying to make a hack and probably post it here!

ep!c

Banned
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2015
@The Legacy of The Legends Creator

I'd recommend you to change trainers thats ID is over 0x59.
Because 0x00 to 0x58 is still data of Ruby, which can bug here and there.

If you are using Advance Trainer, be sure that you made "File -> Save ROM"
In case you made that but ingame the trainer isn't working, check if you had opened the
correct ROM and not a backup.

However its still better to change the trainers that are appearing in the original game too.
Then you are on the saver side =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back