• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Yet Another Fire Red Hack

DoesntKnowHowToPlay

Tiny Umbrella with Lots and Lots of Good
Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
Personality refers to personality value, which influences nature, gender, and Wurmple's evolution method- the latter is used for Slowpoke. Essentially, some Slowpoke will evolve into Slowbro, and others to Slowking- while you could feasibly use a memory viewer to figure out which there's no easy way in-game to tell, and it's set in stone when the Slowpoke is generated. I know some people don't like this, but I feel it's perfectly acceptable to use the evolution method here as:

-Slowbro and Slowking are exceedingly similar, both in stats and movepool.
-What movepool differences they do have are barely relevant as most of their good moves are from TM.
-You can catch both Slowbro and Slowking with the Super Rod, so the random evolution does not obstruct completing the dex.

Door2Dawn

Iron fist
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 23, 2021
I would like to actually ask what tool did you use DoesntKnowHowToPlay for make moves like coil other gen 4 and 5 moves?

SidDays

Professional Lurker
Years
I would like to actually ask what tool did you use DoesntKnowHowToPlay for make moves like coil other gen 4 and 5 moves?

There's a tutorial for it in the tutorial section, "Adding New Moves and Creating New Move Effects".

Years
  • Seen today
Here are the Pics. The first is the last level for one of the boulders before it drops into the water. It should be there but its not. Once you drop it to that level from the level above its as if it just disappears. Which is why in the second Pic only one boulder is present blocking the water.
I have the same problem. An easy workaround is backtracking to pallet and surfing to cinnabar.

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
Hi
I finally beat the champion and want to ask: that's it? I beat the game or there is a post game?
You have E4 rematches, and you can have a lot of fun in Cerulean Cave. That's about it.

I'm not Doesn't, but I would hazard a guess it's a combo of your favorite hex editor, a lot of time and research, and Pokemon Game Editor's internal Attack Editor. There's tutorials and research around the forums here. There really aren't that many tools that you can use to help you on that one for the most part to tell you the truth. Especially if you're planning on expanding the move tables in order to not replace any already existing ones. :P

Last edited:
Years
You have E4 rematches, and you can have a lot of fun in Cerulean Cave. That's about it.

I did my trainings in Cerulean Cave.
In first post of this thread I found info about "Unknown Dungeon" but I dont know where is it.
It's a new area or new name for some Kanto place?

DoesntKnowHowToPlay

Tiny Umbrella with Lots and Lots of Good
Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
In first post of this thread I found info about "Unknown Dungeon" but I dont know where is it.
It's a new area or new name for some Kanto place?
Unknown Dungeon and Cerulean Cave are the same place- the game refers to it as the latter but in RBY days it went by the former name.

The only thing I used PGE for was to verify that I was editing tutor compatibility correctly. The bulk of the work was done purely via hex editor, although I use Nightmare Table Editor to manage some of the tables now. You can find some useful resources on move editing here:

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=263479
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=281520
http://www.pokecommunity.com/archive/index.php/t-215644.html

Keep in mind that move editing in general isn't as simple as replacing sprites or changing maps- it will take some persistence and a bit of ingenuity to figure out how to do things right. There's a few threads in the Tutorials section which might be helpful in getting you started, but if you want to do things right you'll need to do more than just follow one.

Years
Hi, I've been playing this game for a few days and I have to say I am really enjoying it this far. By now I have 5 medals, I really like your custom-made Pokédex and the movesets of many of the Pokémon. I am also having very good battles against boss trainers, they are quite hard to beat (and I am not using any of your difficulty patches...). Congratulations on this work, it's really good.

I just noticed one problem (not 100% sure it's a problem or if you've done it on purpose). It's about this trainer, at route 4:

dmwf.png

She has lv 31 Steelix, Steelix and Timburr, so her team hasn't been modified, as those two correspond to Paras, Paras, Parasect in your Pokédex.

Again, thanks for this game, I'll keep on playing it till its end!

Pryze

Straight chillin
Years
I love you for creating difficulty patches. Planning on doing a nuzlocke on Lunatic mode; because yes, I am very bored.

ericu01

Blue Water, Blue Sky
Years
Just won the Elite Four last night, and indeed it's quite challenging. I just love the level and difficulty curve here. The fact that you can't switch makes it more harder. My team log is:

Froslass (Amanda) Lv. 72 @ Choice Specs - Crunch, Destiny Bond, Ice Beam, Shadow Ball

Stunfisk (Choco) Lv. 71 @ Quick Claw - Thunderbolt, Earthquake, Surf, Earth Power

Togekiss (Serenity) Lv. 72 @ Focus Band - Thunder Wave, Psychic, Fly, Ancient Power

Empoleon (Quentin) Lv. 70 @ Bright Powder - Flash Cannon, Scald, Power Gem, Drill Peck

Nidoking (Spencer) Lv. 70 @ Soft Sand - Superpower, Rock Slide, Earthquake, Gunk Shot

Lilligant (Lili) Lv. 71 @ Leftovers - Giga Drain, Quiver Dance, Fiery Dance, Sleep Powder

Can my team survive the rematch (if there is?). Anyway, this is a well-done hack. Good job.

bcrobert

Lazy Antagonist
Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2022
EDIT. I was originally posting to report a possible problem...but the problem turned out to be that my ROM had a preexisting bug. So never mind that.

I love the hack so far. Currently in Mt. Moon with my Servine, Nidorino, Staravia, and Timburr. Every pokemon I've caught has been worth considering for a party slot and I've gotta say that I really love that. :D

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
Hi! I just downloaded your hack and I'm really digging it ;D. I have one issue that can't leave me unburdened. Why there Berry Pouch happens to pop up in the bag when you get a berry for the first time? How does that happen? Where does that come from? It's just stupid for me. It's fine that there's division for 3 pockets in the bag with Berry Pouch in Key Items pocket. It would just work better if Berry Pouch is received, for example, at the beginning of the game along with Running Shoes. Kanto is perfectly fine. It brought Berry Pouch, which is mechanics and it's supposed to be improved.
Same goes for TM Case.

Would you consider changing it?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Hi! I just downloaded your hack and I'm really digging it ;D. I have one issue that can't leave me unburdened. Why there Berry Pouch happens to pop up in the bag when you get a berry for the first time? How does that happen? Where does that come from? It's just stupid for me. It's fine that there's division for 3 pockets in the bag with Berry Pouch in Key Items pocket. It would just work better if Berry Pouch is received, for example, at the beginning of the game along with Running Shoes. Kanto is perfectly fine. It brought Berry Pouch, which is mechanics and it's supposed to be improved.
Same goes for TM Case.

Would you consider changing it?

It was like this in the original. So working as intended.

Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
It was like this in the original. So working as intended.

Yet running in the buildings is working as intended, that's not as it was in the original. Attack split is also working as intended, but that differs from what was in the original. Pokemon appearance is working as intended as well, but that's yet another difference.

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Yet running in the buildings is working as intended, that's not as it was in the original. Attack split is also working as intended, but that differs from what was in the original. Pokemon appearance is working as intended as well, but that's yet another difference.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
=\

Yes I know what you meant by that. It is weird how it just appears in your inventory, it just doesn't seem worth "fixing."

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2021
Hey, so I made this account just to try out a few hacks hosted on here.

I'm making my first post to tell you this is a ♥♥♥♥ing awesome hack. It's a really pleasant experience to play through the whole thing. The selection of pokemon and the enemy trainer parties are just phenomenal.

Thanks so much.

Back