• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

redriders180

Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
Years

Thanks a ton! I know JPAN started on one, but I think his was more complex, including the different trees and everything. I just want a really rudimentary system, something that will give an item only once a day. I found the RAM savestate "expansion pack" thing where you specified (where they discussed adding new variables), and I want to make sure I'm doing this right. First of all, what exactly is an .OUT file, and how do I apply it to my game. Can it be in the "08" part of the memory? Also, this part is confusing me:

Copy the contents to a free location in your ROM, 4 bytes aligned.

What does "4 bytes aligned" mean?

redriders180

Years
i dont understand how this program can help me for inserting shiny gold tiles in fire red ?

Nameless Sprite Editor allows you to put in an offset for a picture, and draw different tiles. However, I just use Microsoft Paint, and A-map. Click the purple puzzle piece in A-map to open up the block editor. Going to picture->save tileset 1 will save the top tileset, while save tileset 2 will save the bottom tileset. After you save the tileset, you can open it in paint, and draw whatever you want. Then load the sprite into the block editor by going picture -> load tileset 1 (or tileset 2), and selecting the edited tileset. The edited tileset has to include the same colors as the pallate, or else it won't load.

If you don't understand this, then I'd wait until you have more experience and try again.

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
Still can't figure out how to add snivys icon in Pokemon ruby.....please help

Download Advanced Series by Wichu (here) Extract it, and open Advanced Pokémon Icon Editor and load your ROM. Find Snivy in your ROM and goto File > Import and import Snivy's icon (remember to select auto-transparency). Then click write to ROM.
---------------------------
Now, my question. I've been inserting tiles into my hack, and is there any easier way to recolor tiles that don't have palettes that work in a GBA ROM (palettes that aren't multiples of 8)?

I'm recoloring it myself. :D

Last edited:

lukasz_pro

Saiyan Prince
Years
Nameless Sprite Editor allows you to put in an offset for a picture, and draw different tiles. However, I just use Microsoft Paint, and A-map. Click the purple puzzle piece in A-map to open up the block editor. Going to picture->save tileset 1 will save the top tileset, while save tileset 2 will save the bottom tileset. After you save the tileset, you can open it in paint, and draw whatever you want. Then load the sprite into the block editor by going picture -> load tileset 1 (or tileset 2), and selecting the edited tileset. The edited tileset has to include the same colors as the pallate, or else it won't load.

If you don't understand this, then I'd wait until you have more experience and try again.
i changed the grass and palet , i try change tress but didint work (look at screen) , and why some parts of ground in cities are black ? (look at screen)
saved tiles set looks like sh*t i dont know why , and how do i change grass animation ? http://imageshack.us/f/140/beztytuumsn.jpg/
and why i dont have other blocks ? (water , ground etc)

redriders180

Years
i changed the grass and palet , i try change tress but didint work (look at screen) , and why some parts of ground in cities are black ? (look at screen)
saved tiles set looks like sh*t i dont know why , and how do i change grass animation ? http://imageshack.us/f/140/beztytuumsn.jpg/
and why i dont have other blocks ? (water , ground etc)

The grass is a weird color because it's color is wrong. The tree's are acting like that because they use different parts of the tileset. The best way to fix that is to go to your tree tiles, and use the block editor to put parts of your new tree where there are leftover parts from the old tree. All tiles from tileset one are in that tileset, including water and ground tiles. Since you're using Pallate 1, everything shows up with a green or brown coloring. Pallate 4 has the water colors :)

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2016
The layout of all the cave tile's tiles are always the same (in firered, at least). Starting when tileset 2 begins, there's a black tile, the normal ground tile, two different rocks, stairs, a ladder going down, a hole, and then a tile that looks exactly like the normal ground tile, but it's actually the arrow-down tile. Here's a picture:

Spoiler:

Many many thanks you, comrade. I haff feelings of kissing you the way man kisses woman.

Seriously, though, thanks so much! This stupid cave was frustrating me to the point of tears.

Acronell

www.poilkjmn.info
Years
I'm looking for a way to change the Shiny Pallette Pointers to point to a new seperate sprite and pallette. Is there a way to do this?

I want to do this, so that I can have a different Sprite show up when a "shiny" pokemon appears in the wild/when sending out

Working In RUBY USA

lukasz_pro

Saiyan Prince
Years
The grass is a weird color because it's color is wrong. The tree's are acting like that because they use different parts of the tileset. The best way to fix that is to go to your tree tiles, and use the block editor to put parts of your new tree where there are leftover parts from the old tree. All tiles from tileset one are in that tileset, including water and ground tiles. Since you're using Pallate 1, everything shows up with a green or brown coloring. Pallate 4 has the water colors :)

forget about shiny gold , i want use those tiles now http://chimcharsfireworkd.deviantart.com/art/BW-Citrine-Tileset-Resized-227350418?offset=10 , what i must do too make it work ? because paint thing didint work this time ;p

redriders180

Years

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
I'm looking for a way to change the Shiny Pallette Pointers to point to a new seperate sprite and pallette. Is there a way to do this?

I want to do this, so that I can have a different Sprite show up when a "shiny" pokemon appears in the wild/when sending out

Working In RUBY USA

In short, not easily. Pokemon do not have a separate pointer to their sprite in the case that they are shiny, they use the exact same sprite as their regular coloured counter-parts but the pallet is loaded from elsewhere. You would need quite a lot of ASM in order to do what you what.

Candra Software

PKHeX User
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 29, 2017
What's the National Pokédex flag for Ruby/Sapphire? I've been Googling for it and couldn't find the solution.

SKRoy

Pokémon Hacker
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 8, 2016
I add some new pokémons to my Fire Red hack and I set Piplup, Chimchar and Turtwig as starter pokémons. Everything works until they are going to evolve. The evolving proces started but then it stops and happends what you can see on the picture... In YAPE I set the evoltions, so it has to work, but it didn't work... How can I fix this?

j13nna.png

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
I add some new pokémons to my Fire Red hack and I set Piplup, Chimchar and Turtwig as starter pokémons. Everything works until they are going to evolve. The evolving proces started but then it stops and happends what you can see on the picture... In YAPE I set the evoltions, so it has to work, but it didn't work... How can I fix this?

j13nna.png

Something to do with the national dex, I'm guessing. Is it enabled? Have you patched the ROM to work with updating the pokedex correctly for new Pokemon? If I recall, it crashes when updating the pokedex flags in a clean ROM.

SKRoy

Pokémon Hacker
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 8, 2016
Something to do with the national dex, I'm guessing. Is it enabled? Have you patched the ROM to work with updating the pokedex correctly for new Pokemon? If I recall, it crashes when updating the pokedex flags in a clean ROM.

I didn't change anything to the pokédex, so how can I fix it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back