• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] Shipping Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I'm assuming you're a yaoi fan?
Isn't yaoi sexual stuff? You don't have to be into that to think a boy x boy pairing would be cute. Or maybe yaoi can be innocent as well, I'm not exactly an expert on those terms.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Yaoi can mean any number of things, but I prefer not to use the term. I just ship characters who are/would be cute together and have an interesting relationship. Burgundy/Georgia, Ash/Cilan, May/Drew, Ruby/Sapphire, Ash,Clemont, Bonnie/Max, Zoey/Dawn. I don't give a **** what their genders are as long as they could be adorable or interesting.

Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2014
I wonder if they'd actively ship tease Diode?

Hell, they might. Everyone is close to the same age after all. They might be more inclined to do it now that there's no age gap too. While they're at it, might as well have Bonnie develop a little crush on Ash too. :P

It seems like everyone is going to be praising Ash this season for the most part. There doesn't seem like there's gonna be a Misty or Iris in the group this time around, that constantly questions or criticizies him.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Hmm, perhaps you're right on that. But maybe Serena will take on part of that role as she gets to know him as he is now? Or maybe Bonnie will as she starts to see him even more as a brother- she's shown that behaviour with Clemont already.

Tbh Bonnie might develop idol-crushes on both Ash and Serena. Like, she wants them to be together as friends and she loves them a lot with that childlike innocence? idk

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
I never cared about any shipping till now in the series nor do I care about most now. But, after watching those two episodes, I ship ash x serena.

do the people who make the pokemon anime actually drop the various shipping hints because they're aware of the thousands of shipping fans or is it just a coincidence? I know kishi and hiro do it intentionally so that they keep their shipper fans happy in naruto and fairy tail but....pokemon? I didn't think it'd be a series where I'd see the creators actively push any ships.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Well I mean Misty really was the love interest for her tenure. May and Drew were definitely an item. Serena and Ash are certainly being teased. Those are the in-yo-face ones afaik; there's a whole bunch of more subtextual probably-intentional teases. And then there's stuff people just want to see. So yeah, there's almost always ship tease happening in Pokemon.

Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2014
The only saga where shipping seemed kinda downplayed was Best Wishes. Of course Negaishipping never got off the ground, and Wishfulshippers went crazy over every little thing, like the low angle that was used when Iris painted Cilan's face, hiding behind him, or her calling him a "pain that's fun to be around." CafeMocha and BestWishes were clearly the more popular though.

I don't see why they seemed to bring back shipping in full force though. Serena having a thing for Ash, Bonnie looking for a wife for her bro, etc.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
The first Ash X Serena Amv I found-

I liked Y 's(Serena's Pokespe Counterpart) aggressive & Strong personality.
Spoiler:

I hope Serena's also have strong & aggressive personality .
I don't her to be girly like Dawn .
After all , Most people like Aggressive girl who also has the Grace of a Lady .
That Why girls like Hinagiku Katsura (Hayate no gotoku) are super popular.
Well , Serena did shown aggressiveness when she attack her mother's Flectchling and shown a temper toward her mother after the Rhyhorn trainer .
I hope that Aggressiveness doesn't disappear .
It would be hilarious if Serena punch Ash when he failed to remember her Or mistook her for somebody else Or call her by an embarrassing nickname. __________________

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
It would be hilarious if Serena punch Ash when he failed to remember her Or mistook her for somebody else Or call her by an embarrassing nickname.

Lol this. I could totally see this as a habit (though Serena doesn't look like she has many embarrassing secrets) and so promote a bit of shipping.

I don't really hope to see more shipping but I can see me going crazy about it if I'm getting inspired to watch the series. After Hoenn I suppose they made it a more steady approach and so the speculation potentially doubled (just my opinion) and less concrete. Perhaps that'll change~

Trick or Treat!

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
As I know , The current ''Ash Shipping'' need to be handle differently because Ash from now and Ash from 15 year ago is totally different .
Current Ash is more innocent , kind , dense & gentle while the old Ash was arrogant , cooky , rude , egoistic , laid-back and mischievous.
So
New running gag of the series-

- 1) Serena tries to make a move on Ash but get friendzoned everytime .

-2) Serena enter in a ''Jealous Mode'' whenever a girl interested in Ash or He compliment a girl .In that mode , Her body emit Dark Aura , her face become terrifying and she smash whatever in front of her comically.

-3) If She & Ash does get in romantic situation , she ruined it herself due to her shyness .

I believe anyone who watch Special A knows What I meant .
Surprisingly , Ash current personality is similar to the ''Female protagonist'' of the series . (Expect her super strength & agility)
Both of them are thickheaded and too optimistic.
For those who haven't watch special A-

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2014
DiodeShipping

Spoiler:

AmourShipping (this seems like it might be the name in the end):

Spoiler:

Hmm, perhaps you're right on that. But maybe Serena will take on part of that role as she gets to know him as he is now? Or maybe Bonnie will as she starts to see him even more as a brother- she's shown that behaviour with Clemont already.

I don't know, I mean usually how characters are presented initially is pretty indicative of how they'll view him throughout the majority of the series. Brock, Max, May, Dawn, Clemont, and Bonnie where/are all respective of Ash from the start.

Misty and Iris where the only ones to really criticize him at every turn initially, and would compliment him once in a blue moon. If they did, it was towards the end of their respective series. Though, I guess you could argue that this was when they started to feel better about themselves...given both seemed to have insecurities, probably had a very close-minded way of thinking ("battling at type disadvantage = always BAD!") given they learned through Gym/School, and because they were somewhat expies of each other at the start of the series. Also probably because they had the worst initial impressions of him than anyone else.

Tbh Bonnie might develop idol-crushes on both Ash and Serena. Like, she wants them to be together as friends and she loves them a lot with that childlike innocence? idk

Bonnie saying "Come on Ash. We're friends now and friends stay together!" when Ash said he didn't really need guidance to the next gym was absolutely ADORABLE.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019

Another good Ash X Serena Amv !!!
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
I thought of something earlier today but I completely forgot what it was...

Well, what if Bonnie is all like, "No Ash, only Clemont can be with Serena!"? Isn't Bonnie trying to find a wife for Clemont (even though Clemont is like 10)? Even if that doesn't happen, I'm sure that Ash will probably be oblivious as always, that's something that I don't see changing for this series.

[Css-div=width: 150px; height: 54px; font-size: 20px; background-Image: URL("https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQhH4n9ibDDS6Mv51WhzVZmWNtdrK_9fh6q8v1a8AwAvoef1ZQwAnXsq4rU8Q"); background-size; 50% 50%;]Trick or Treat!
:P
[/CSS-div]​

Years
  • Seen Mar 4, 2014
If the Ash X Serena shippers are trying to use them knowing each other as kids as "evidence" for a relationship, don't. It's been proven that if you know a person when you're children, you're less likely to have a romantic relationship later in life.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Has that actually been proven? Source that claim cause I want to see that study. tbh I think it depends more on the people. And as far as I can tell, they were holding hands in the flashback? idk. who cares that aint my ship lol

Bonnie's implied gag hasn't shown up yet, but they haven't found any women either. I'm kind of excited for Bonnie being a shipper of many things, but I also stand by that she wants a sister for herself more than a wife for Clemmy.

I feel like this group could go a different way though? Like as they become more of a family, they'll get used to each other and be fine with arguing or calling each other out. I mean there's a friendship there and probably will be a pretty strong one but those things come with that man. I'd just really like so see that.

also i posted elsewhere re ash finding out clemont is lumiose gym leader:
Ash would be feeling like he couldn't trust Clemont anymore and not speaking more than necessary to Clemont and Bonnie and Serena trying to be a go-between and then some crisis happens and they resolve their issues with teamwork and friendship and the power of Diode (ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・

that would be really lovely but probably what's going to happen is Clemont will be like "uh actually... I'm the gym leader" and Ash will be like "WHAT no way! That's super cool now let's battle!" because pokéani ( ̄▽ ̄;)

Years
  • Seen Mar 4, 2014
Has that actually been proven? Source that claim cause I want to see that study. tbh I think it depends more on the people. And as far as I can tell, they were holding hands in the flashback? idk. who cares that aint my ship lol

Bonnie's implied gag hasn't shown up yet, but they haven't found any women either. I'm kind of excited for Bonnie being a shipper of many things, but I also stand by that she wants a sister for herself more than a wife for Clemmy.

I feel like this group could go a different way though? Like as they become more of a family, they'll get used to each other and be fine with arguing or calling each other out. I mean there's a friendship there and probably will be a pretty strong one but those things come with that man. I'd just really like so see that.

also i posted elsewhere re ash finding out clemont is lumiose gym leader:

I thought I read it somewhere once...bah! I can't find it. Ah well. IDC too much, I just find Serena being a childhood friend a stupid plot element. But hey, they took a risk.

BTW, I haven't seen episode 3 yet. How'd their backstory go down?

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
I love the dynamic of the group so far a lot! Clemont and Ash seem like they've got great chemistry, with Ash going "whoa, science is so cool" and Clemont going "whoa, Ash is so inspiring", and Anna, maybe your scenario there isn't that far-fetched, I mean, Ash was pretty angry about the way he got kicked out of the Gym in the first episode, so one can only hope, right? Plus, they already seem such good friends already, and are somewhat similar I think, Clemont's involvment with the Lumiose Gym seems like the perfect (and actually only) conflict that may arise between them. Unless Serena would be a potential love interest for both, but I doubt Clemont would be interested in her -- though maybe Bonnie would want her as his wife, hehe, and Ash will probably be the same oblivious Ash we're used to by now.

< Trick or Treat! >​

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
I hope Ash & Serena first meeting will be like this-

After all ,
It does seem like Writer trying to make Ash's personality like Goku (DBZ) !!!

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
I don't know. I guess Serena x Ash should have gotten its hopes by now. I'm kinda disappointed they haven't met in the first 4 episodes tbh. Oh well, the more the suspense the better! :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back