• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen 3DS Exclusive - RIP Pokemon?

Years
luigi90210 and Yuoaman, let's end that discussion on here, as we don't want you two having a personal debate. :P
If you would like to carry on the conversation, please take it to PMs/VMs or a form of IM. :)

Thanks!​

Kaiboiii

Wanna be the very best
Years
Will X & Y be the reason you finally get a 3DS?

With me that is a major possibility.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
No. I got an 3DS well...I don't know why. Everyone said it was cool and I bought it. Every game for the 3DS so far's good. Yeah.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Bought my 3DS because of Zelda remake, as well as because I know how Nintendoworks. I got mine when it was $250. The new Pokemon games are just icing on the cake for me. As a store clerk, I have seen people start buying 3DS' because of the new games' announcement, so there are people buying 3DS' just because of the new Pokemon games. A lot of them just bought DSi's last Christmas too.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
I got one for Sonic Generations and Zelda 3D.
But, I may have to buy another one, I plan to get both games, and actually try to catch all of the Pokémon.
And, I've no one nearby to trade with.
forever alone

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
I actually considering to buy 3DS way before Pokemon X and Y are announced, but the reason I want to buy 3DS is because I know that main Pokemon games sooner or later will be in 3DS.

Last edited:

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
I got it when the price had dropped to $170 and the Red version was released. I knew there would be great games coming out for it (including Pokemon).

I think I had StarFox and LoZ: Ocarina of Time 3DS as my first games on it.

Years
I already got my 3DS for Christmas last year, way before X & Y's announcement.

I do plan to make them be the first 3DS games I play though.

Renpuu

Gengar !
Years
Perhaps. I've lasted THIS long (2-3 years) without a DS lite after it was killed by me..woops. Damn water !
Now my friend gave me a original Nintendo DS which I can play White and White 2 !
I don't want to spend on a 3DS just to leave it after I complete Pokemon Y, however if they continue to release Pokemon games for the 3DS then it may be worth the investment.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
I've already got a Nintendo 3DS, and nope... since I've had the 3DS much longer than the announcement of Pokémon X and Y, the main reason I got a Nintendo 3DS is because of the hardware itself and the new games, even if there wasn't many at launch day. ;)

digimonqueen

Draco Malfoy's Girlfriend
Years
I think this will skyrocket the 3Ds's sales of these games. Pokemon X and Y are talked about with just about EVERY serious Pokemon fan, myself included. I have a buddy who knew about it WEEKS before me. When i looked these games up, i was so excited. I own a 3DS, so that makes me even MORE excited. so yeah, i think serious Pokemon fans will flock to buy a 3DS, even IF it is pre-owned. Especially after that AWESOME trailer. swinging on ropes? = AMAZING!

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
Years
Well personally, I'm buying a 3DS entirely so I can play X&Y on it. That might be poor money management on my part but as a very casual gamer (when it comes to the DS it's really just the Pokémon games and the occasional Mario game), I find spending ~€170 to be entirely worth the amount of enjoyment I'll get. Maybe I'm a frivolous spender and the public in general won't find X&Y worth quite as much money as I do, but to echo pretty much everyone in here, I think not only will being 3DS-exclusive not harm X&Y, X&Y being 3DS-exclusive will hugely help the 3DS.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Well personally, I'm buying a 3DS entirely so I can play X&Y on it. That might be poor money management on my part but as a very casual gamer (when it comes to the DS it's really just the Pokémon games and the occasional Mario game), I find spending ~€170 to be entirely worth the amount of enjoyment I'll get. Maybe I'm a frivolous spender and the public in general won't find X&Y worth quite as much money as I do, but to echo pretty much everyone in here, I think not only will being 3DS-exclusive not harm X&Y, X&Y being 3DS-exclusive will hugely help the 3DS.

lmao exactly the same for me in terms of being casual and mario :x (except I've already brought the 3DS and I got it on a sale so it was for $120). I agree in that I think a lot others are going to follow that, and why wouldn't they (that is retorical)? A new system shouldn't keep them away from a new generation. :3;

Guy

just a guy
Years
A new system shouldn't keep them away from a new generation. :3;
...and it probably won't. If it hasn't done so in the past, I don't see why moving up to the 3DS will deter those away from a new generation now.

Unless they're truly god awful and no one wants to have anything to do with them. Then.... <sadface>

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2016
The only problem is, you buy the 3DS to play pokemon, but what else? You can't just buy a new console just to play 1 or 2 games on.

Yeah you may buy more games for it later down the line, but in the end your spending how ever much for a new console and new game(s) instead of just the new game.
Well thts how it was for me tho. bought a gbc to play crystal, bought a gba to play sapphire , bought a ds to play diamond. I do have bought other games too for the platforms but only 2-3.(zelda /star wars ie)

dragonfly_dust

Look at my avatar! Nuff said.
Years
  • Seen Feb 18, 2017
3DS pokemon game+ cell shading = WIN!

Pokemon X and Y will be successful. Whether or not the "online" options will actually be good this time...I dunno.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
I'll buy one because of Pokémon, but also because of other remakes like Star Fox and Zelda. Emulation is unlikely to appear soon so I'll stop being cheap and just get the real cart instead.

Back