• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

♫On Top Of Spagheeeeeetti!♫

Years
Why have my threads in this forum had such musical titles lately? XD

So yeah,
What is your favorite type of pasta? And what is your favorite type of sauce/topping? Do you eat pasta often? Or never? :O

*This thread was totally not prompted from having that song stuck in my head.

Years
Just spaghetti will do for me, haven't branched off to more luxurious pastas yet :p
I actually like to use salad dressings like Italian or Thousand Island when I eat spaghetti, yeah pretty weird.
I eat pasta nearly every week.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Spaghetti, but only if it has a lot of pepper in it. If it doesn't, I'll add on the pepper until everyone else is finished eating, at which point there will only be half as much pepper as there needs to be. Seriously, I like a little spaghetti with my pepper. n-n;

I don't eat pasta all that often, though, unless I make it. Everyone else's pasta always sucks.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
Linguine with marinara sauce. Very ordinary.

But it has to be a specific brand of marinara sauce that I've since forgotten the name of. I had it two times and decided that it was pretty much the most amazing sauce in the world the moment it graced my tastebuds.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I usually like fusilli pasta in a pasta salad is nice.

But as far as dishes go, Penne alla vodka is my absolute favourite. It needs to be homemade. Even the sauce, or it is not the same.

Usually made with a rose sauce made from the regular tomato sauce we make and jar each year, 35% cream, pancetta, and vodka. topped with a bit of basil. Beautiful!

Pasta needs to be cooked al dente, of course.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I love love love pasta, all kinds. My favorite would be fettuccine though, with alfredo sauce. Yum!

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
Spaghetti, defs. But when it comes to pasta, I'm not all that picky. Any type of pasta is awesome.

Years
I love all kinds of pasta but my absolute fave is agnolotti, which is that one with the semi-circle shape.

Especially spinach and ricotta flavor, it's my favorite.

Years
My dad always said that both me and him should have been born into Italian families, since we both have pasta sauce flowing through our veins :P

I'll eat just about any type of pasta, with spaghetti, linguini, macaroni and rotini being some of my favorites. I also like it with most types of sauces, although I'm not really a fan of pesto sauce.

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
Years
All covered in cheese, I lost my poor meatball when somebody sneezed! It rolled off the table and onto the floor, the last time I saw it, it rolled out the door...

:3

Anyways, I hate most pasta. Too much sauce and stuff, blah. I'll just take plain old buttered noodles.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
ANY AND ALL PASTA JESUS CHRIST.

Seriously I love pasta it's like a huge event for me and my boyfriend now when Olive Garden has their never-ending pasta bowl.

Especially the noodle kisses uwu

Years
I'll eat any of them. Spaghetti is most common though since it's at work so I can eat it whenever. Can't go wrong with spaghetti. :3 I also really like tortellini, does stuffed pasta count?

As for sauce, almost any tomato sauce works for me. Since I've been working at the pizza place for 3 years now, that's what I prefer, just because I'm so used to it. I loved canned sauce before but now I am really picky.

Years
I usually like fusilli pasta in a pasta salad is nice.

But as far as dishes go, Penne alla vodka is my absolute favourite. It needs to be homemade. Even the sauce, or it is not the same.

Usually made with a rose sauce made from the regular tomato sauce we make and jar each year, 35% cream, pancetta, and vodka. topped with a bit of basil. Beautiful!

Pasta needs to be cooked al dente, of course.

*Points to this post*
Kura is going to cook me her Vodka pasta at some point! :3333 /nom nom nom

Anyway, I like most pasta; don't really have a favourite.​

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I hate pasta; lasagna and spaghetti, I don't particularly like but will eat if I had to. I don't hate it to the point I can't eat it all, but if I had a choice between two meals, I'd definnitely opt for the one with no pasta. The only exception is creamy carbonara. <3

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I used to love spaghetti the most, but now I find it too messy and I don't like things being messy. Now I love penne pasta because it's easy to eat without getting sauce all over you :)

My sauce of choice is bolognese. It's classic!

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
Years
I used to love spaghetti the most, but now I find it too messy and I don't like things being messy. Now I love penne pasta because it's easy to eat without getting sauce all over you :)

My sauce of choice is bolognese. It's classic!
Bolognese has to be the messiest meal, Andy...

I like Ravioli over normal, everyday pasta. Meat inside pasta = bliss.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
Lots of different kinds! :D Top favourites:

Bucatini all'amatriciana
Very simple but perfect. A fresh tomato sauce (more like fresh tomatoes, than an actual sauce. And different kinds of tomatoes too - red cherry, yellow plum, roasted red plum), garlic, extra virgin olive oil, chili flakes, guanciale (being pork cheek), and pecorino romano cheese (sheep's milk)

Chestnut Tagliatelle with Black Trumpet Mushrooms in an Oxtail Ragu
I don't know. The title was pretty descriptive enough I think. Basically chestnut pasta is magical. So very soft.

Cacio e Pepe
Literally "cheese and pepper". Use a bavette or fine linguini noodle. Extra virgin live oil, grated Cacio di Roma (basically pecorino cheese), and fresh ground black pepper (lots). You could reduce a step and just buy pecorino cheese with black peppercorn slices embedded in it. Simple.

Also, I'm game for something full of a variety of mushrooms. Or something with shellfish (and/or squid ink)

And for the record, my Mom makes the best Carbonara (egg-based sauce with Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, pancetta [pork belly], and peas) and Bolognese (ground beef and pork tomatoe sauce) on the planet :p (I'm guessing. Can't prove it XD)

I hate pasta; lasagna and spaghetti, I don't particularly like but will eat if I had to. I don't hate it to the point I can't eat it all, but if I had a choice between two meals, I'd definnitely opt for the one with no pasta
I dislike you

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I love love love pasta, all kinds. My favorite would be fettuccine though, with alfredo sauce. Yum!

Pretty much this. I'm obsessed with alfredo and usually it's fettucine that goes with it, which I love too. I don't really understand pasta preferences though - don't they all taste the same, just different shapes? I guess the easier for me to eat are the tube ones. Penne?

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
Pretty much this. I'm obsessed with alfredo and usually it's fettucine that goes with it, which I love too. I don't really understand pasta preferences though - don't they all taste the same, just different shapes? I guess the easier for me to eat are the tube ones. Penne?
It's a texture thing. I prefer ribbon-cut noodles (they're flat) over "the tubes" or other decorative shapes.

Now a funny a hybrid is bucatini. It's a long tubed noodle with a very narrow hole down the middle. Sauce latches onto that like wow.

And pasta itself can taste different depending on how it is made. Fresh VS dry. Egg-based, wheat-based, tomato-based, spinach-based, chestnut-based, etc. And then al dente comes into play as well.

Pasta is a vessel, but cultures approach it in different ways. The "American" way would be to cook some pasta of some shape and then lump a bunch of sauce over top. The Italian way is to finish the pasta in the sauce - what ends up on the plate is mostly pasta, not sauce. Different balance

Back