• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Shiny Pokemon Thread

Years
So, found any shinies recently in B2/W2? If so, let us know here! Did they escape your grasp? Run out of Ultra Balls? Or did you catch it on your first attempt?
I guess the closest I've been is... I haven't. Still no shinies in B2/W2 for me, but I'll keep looking! :)

Basculin

Dragonite Fan
Years
I have received no shinies in any of my games. xP
Well, I have traded for some, but I have never come across 1 myself.

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2014
Well, I got a Shiny Lillipup in my Black 2 and a Shiny Litwick in my White 2.
The Shiny Lillipup was found real early...Flocessy Ranch to be exact.
The Litwick was found post-game in Celestial Tower...I think. I just went to have a little look-see and found it.

Floodblade1234

Spirit of Azelf
Years
not yet! still in the middle of playing it so I'll keep me peepers out for them! XD on a side note my first shiny was a shiny Ralts in pokemon emerald after looking for one for about half an hour (because wally had one and I was like O_O ooh..pretteh) so whenI caught one I named him Galaxy! ever since I've had a pokemon called Galaxy in my game!

and..you know..Galaxy chocolate tastes freakin' awesomelicious!

WishCookie

ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!
Years
No not yet but my latest shiny which is my first ever i came across last year in black was Axew ^_^

Murt93

Battle Amateur
Years
I caught a shiny basculin two days ago while ev training so dissapointing :L I wouldnt have even noticed if it wasnt for the stars

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I caught a Shiny Azurill while I was doing... something! I don't remember why I was in the area with Azurill is but I found it and happily caught it. It doesn't have a good nature with it's ability being Huge Power but I don't care. It's my first and only shiny for fifth generation and is now a shiny Azumarill.

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
other then the shiny haxorus and and gible already programmed no. I have found one in every game except black 2( not counting the ones i mentioned) and fire red. I have done over 4,000 encounters to find one but no luck. I am going to find one i hope by looking. I am going to search till i find one. I hope it doesn't go over 20,000 encounters.

QuickSilveri

Veteran
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 17, 2017
FOund my first shiny ever a couple weeks ago. Caught a shiny shellmet. Found a trusty friend to trade me and I got a Accelgor. Looks really sick but i stopped using it since it doesnt hit as hard as i would like, even after Ev training.

Regards, Chris

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Actually, during my very first play-through, I caught a shiny Vanillish! c:
He became an epic part of my team, to. <3 after that, I haven't found anything. :c

waveguidebuizel

weirdguybuizel
Years
I found my first fifth-gen-game shiny in the middle of the main story in my White 2 (in the Relic Passage, entered from the PWT side): a golden Onix I named Aurum (periodic table name for gold; I want to say it's Latin). But alas, I didn't add it to my team because I'd have too many common weaknesses.

Fennevyrom

Oh and charizard XD
Years
Haven't come across any in black 2, did once in white but didn't catch(Shiny stoutland, honestly), and I caught one in pearl(OH YEAH GREEN FEAROW). But I guess this is just abut black and white 2, so no, haven't come across any or caught any.

Student D1

De-Wott?
Years
I did have a shiny Hypno, but I traded it for another Pokémon in the GTS (and before you say anything... it's my choice). Besides, I have another Hypno which has better stats and nature than the shiny one.

So, as of now, I do not have any shiny Pokémon in my possession. I am planning to get the Shiny Charm once I complete the National Pokédex, even if it may seem to be a difficult task. It'll take a lot of migrating and transferring from one generation to another, but it's worth a shot if I were to get that key item.

Back