• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alec Empire

Are you ready to testify?
Years
I have a vague understanding of how to use the tools, but where do I get them? I've tried Whack a Hack, and some of the tools won't even open.

Years
  • Seen Mar 10, 2012
Wheres a good place to find custom BW mugshots/overworlds/trainer battle sprites from?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 13, 2014
Of course it's possible I was wrong. The only reason I assumed cmda06 wasn't necessary was because the tutorial for unlocking it in Firered made no mention of it. My assumption of the background bytes not working was because of the same tutorial, which only has a spot for inputting the ashy grass, the grass with ashy background, and the normal grass, and nothing else, but that may be because of the script.

I assume (not like my assumptions seem to ever hold true) that there's a sort of table in the rom, which cmda06 calls. assuming that you could find this, you could write another ASM script which would handle the background tree tiles, and put it in the table in question. The simplest way, in my opinion, would be to add setmaptile scripts to each place underneath the tree, and play the animation involved with the puff of ash. All of these things I believe you can access in a script. setanimation and doanimation can play the puff of dust. (0x7 is the ashgrass dust cloud, but the list I have also says it does a setmaptile part, so 0xA should also work [0xA is the dust cloud when the player jumps off a ledge])

And you explained it perfectly clear, i was just being stupid, so no hard feelings?

So, um, I feel like a real noob for asking this, but how exactly would i find the table that controls the ashy grass and go about changing it so the right half of the tree top would work (basically, just adding one more linked block, similar to the normal ashy grass with nothing in front of it. that always changes to a specific block, and every other block changes to a specific other block.) I havent done any work with ASM before, and advanced scripting still eludes me (I am working on it though.) My areas of expertise, though are definitely in the graphical areas of hacking. If anyone more experienced than I would be so kind as to help out a fledgling hacker, I'd be truly grateful.
And I've tried looking at tutorials, but it just seems to fly right above my head. I tend to learn a lot better with combined examples and hands-on, which makes tutorials sometimes not the best method, oddly)

redriders180

Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
Years
So, um, I feel like a real noob for asking this, but how exactly would i find the table that controls the ashy grass and go about changing it so the right half of the tree top would work (basically, just adding one more linked block, similar to the normal ashy grass with nothing in front of it. that always changes to a specific block, and every other block changes to a specific other block.) I havent done any work with ASM before, and advanced scripting still eludes me (I am working on it though.) My areas of expertise, though are definitely in the graphical areas of hacking. If anyone more experienced than I would be so kind as to help out a fledgling hacker, I'd be truly grateful.
And I've tried looking at tutorials, but it just seems to fly right above my head. I tend to learn a lot better with combined examples and hands-on, which makes tutorials sometimes not the best method, oddly)

There is a brief overview of cmda6 here and the ASM he used in the video with the color changing stuff here. The ASM he provides is annotated with comments, and most of the stuff is already done...All you'd need to do is change the values of some of the words at the bottom, which is simply the tile number in A-Map. If you still don't understand, I think I'd be able to help you further in VMs/PMs.

Capitalist Ness

can't stump the trump
Years
Hello! I came back, with another simple(?) question!
I replaced Shedinja with Chatot, and edited stats, and other things.
So, I gave it to one trainer, and all my friends that tested my hack told me that Chatot was fainting to every single weakest move. Yeah, even Poison Sting. So, I caught it and checked its stats. And that's where problem is.
Chatot has 1 hp.
I seriously have no idea why. I thought that changing its base HP with YAPE 0.9 will change it. But no, Chatot has 1 HP.

Is Shedinja's HP somewhere deeper in coding? Hex? ASM(God, please, not this)?
I hope you guys help me, I'm counting on you.

And seriously, I hope I didn't ask for something that was never mentioned before(really? no one cares about breeding?) again. It's like 830 pages here!

sonic1

ASM is my life now...
Years
So, I gave it to one trainer, and all my friends that tested my hack told me that Chatot was fainting to every single weakest move. Yeah, even Poison Sting. So, I caught it and checked its stats. And that's where problem is.
Chatot has 1 hp.
I seriously have no idea why. I thought that changing its base HP with YAPE 0.9 will change it. But no, Chatot has 1 HP.

And seriously, I hope I didn't ask for something that was never mentioned before(really? no one cares about breeding?) again. It's like 830 pages here!

What version are we talking about?
If FireRed, there are plenty of people who can help you (knizz, Jambo51, Shiny Guagsire etc...).
If Emerald, i can make a quick research about it, even though i'm almost sure i wont find out
If Ruby, then ask ZodiacDaGreat.

Capitalist Ness

can't stump the trump
Years

What version are we talking about?
If FireRed, there are plenty of people who can help you (knizz, Jambo51, Shiny Guagsire etc...).
If Emerald, i can make a quick research about it, even though i'm almost sure i wont find out
If Ruby, then ask ZodiacDaGreat.
I'm talking about Ruby. Well, I thought that Shedinja's coding isn't different in all these versions. I'll ask him then.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I presume that you hit the spot...
Since Shedinja has also special evolution and probably to prevent giving Shedinja more HP throughout cheating engine Shedinja might have the coding deeper in game...
There's also way to prevent it by not replacing Shedinja xD

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
Chatot has 1 hp.

Shedinja is hardcoded to always have 1 HP.
Code:
0803E554                 LDR     R0, =0x12F
0803E556                 CMP     R7, R0
0803E558                 BNE     loc_0803E568    @ Routine to calculate HP.
0803E55A                 MOVS    R0, #1
0803E55C                 STR     R0, [SP,#0x60+var_5C]
To fix this change the byte at 0003E559 in a hex editor from D1 to E0.

Offsets are for FireRed.

Credits to NintendoBoy13 for researching stats at level-up. Notes are here: http://codepad.org/b5Rh4dk1

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Does anyone know the offsets for the bytes that store player information like name, gender and trainer ID?

Capitalist Ness

can't stump the trump
Years
Shedinja is hardcoded to always have 1 HP.
Code:
0803E554                 LDR     R0, =0x12F
0803E556                 CMP     R7, R0
0803E558                 BNE     loc_0803E568    @ Routine to calculate HP.
0803E55A                 MOVS    R0, #1
0803E55C                 STR     R0, [SP,#0x60+var_5C]
To fix this change the byte at 0003E559 in a hex editor from D1 to E0.

Offsets are for FireRed.

Credits to NintendoBoy13 for researching stats at level-up. Notes are here: http://codepad.org/b5Rh4dk1

I'm hacking Ruby. :\
Anyway, just PM'd ZodiacDaGreat, so I'm waiting response from here, still I expect solution here.

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
I'm hacking Ruby. :\
Anyway, just PM'd ZodiacDaGreat, so I'm waiting response from here, still I expect solution here.
Dartharon already did the job for you although he didn't say the straight offset where you should go to change the byte from D1 to E0.
So basically, open Firered rom with a hex editor and see how the rom area at $3E559 is and search for that same code (=same bytes written over there) in a Ruby rom.

Some more tips: The code you want to change is between offsets $3B200 and $3B300.

sonic1

ASM is my life now...
Years
Found it for ruby:

Code:
0803B290                 LDR     R0, =0x[B]12F[/B]    @Shedjinja
0803B292                 CMP     R7, R0
0803B294                 [S-HIGHLIGHT]BNE     loc_803B2A4[/S-HIGHLIGHT]
0803B296                 MOVS    R0, #1
0803B298                 STR     R0, [SP,#0x60+hp]
0803B29A                 LSLS    R6, R7, #3
0803B29C                 B       loc_803B2D2
0803B29C @ ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
0803B29E                 .byte    0
0803B29F                 .byte    0
0803B2A0 dword_803B2A0:  .long 0x12F             @ DATA XREF: sub_803B1B8+D8r
0803B2A4 @ ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
0803B2A4
0803B2A4 loc_803B2A4:                            @ CODE XREF: sub_803B1B8+DCj
0803B2A4                 LDR     R1, =base_stats

Its the equivalent to the firered one!

~Sonic1

tinix

PearlShipper & C Programmer
Years
Does anyone know the offsets for the bytes that store player information like name, gender and trainer ID?
If you want to access it at runtime the there are pointers stored at these memory addresses:
FR: 0x0300500C
RS: 0x03005D90
E: 0x02024EA4
Structure:
HackMew said:
[Name (8 bytes)]
[Gender (1 byte)]
[??? (1 byte)]
[Trainer ID (2 bytes)]
[Secret ID (2 bytes)]
[Hours of play (2 bytes)]
[Minutes (1 byte)]
[Seconds (1 byte)]
[Frames (1 byte)]
[??? (1 byte)]
[Options (2 bytes)]

Capitalist Ness

can't stump the trump
Years
Found it. Changed it. Battled it.
Chatot starts battle with one HP, but his max HP is all right(didn't caught it, but wild Chatots have one HP point).
Guess I need to change another one byte, but hey, I started hexing a week ago.
Really.

Hmm...
Maybe...
I'll make Chatot exclusive from givepokemon script, and then put special for healing all Pokemon.
No one will notice...
Heheheh...

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2012
Does anyone know why when I dump the menu text in Fire Red (using WindHex) I get incomplete text? :| Here's an extract:

Code:
//ATUS P[LINE]
//ROBLEM[LINE]
//END[LINE]

That should read "STATUS PROBLEM" but the first 2 letters of "STATUS"
are missing, plus there's an unnessecary line break after the first
letter of "PROBLEM". The entire dumped .txt file looks like that. Solutions...?

sonic1

ASM is my life now...
Years
If you want to access it at runtime the there are pointers stored at these memory addresses:
FR: 0x0300500C
RS: 0x03005D90
E: 0x02024EA4
Structure:

You actually misleaded in R/S and E. Its switched. Besides, in ruby, theres no pointer (but i know you know that, i'm not trying to sound like capitain obvious or something, just pointing out :P)

Years
Can anyone here give me a script to make a trainer who you talk to, and then battle them? because i can find to tutorials for that. And i would also want to know how to add pokemon cries in while the person talks. (if you don't know what that means, when you talk to a.. pikachu or something in the game, you can hear its cry, and the textbox.

I meant can't.. not can >_<

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2017
When you look in Advance Map in the Pallet Town map, you see Prof Oak standing right next to your house. But if you play the game he becomes invisible and you can walk right through the spot where he is supposed to stand. He will stay this way untill you reach the grass where he stops you. How do I make a sprite invisible untill a kind-of-alike script is activated?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back