• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Keymaker

JollyRoger25

Dark Type Master
Years
In Black 2 you can catch a Regirock, and a Registeel. In White 2 you can catch a Regirock and a Regice. In these games you can trade keys to access the other uncatchable Regi. Do you think that this key system is a good idea on the programmers part, or do you think that it is just a waste of time?

-Also, off topic, can you trade keys across the wifi, like pokemon, thanks.

I think it is bad, I mean, I have Regirock and Registeel, and its just bugging me not to have a Regice.

Lateon

The Eon Follower
Years
I like the theory behind the key system, and it works for those who have friends that play pokemon or have both games and two DS'. The whole trying to get people to interact through pokemon thing is nice. I can understand where it would be frustrating for those who can't link with their friends and who don't have the money for both games and such, though. I remember when I was in high school and I couldn't complete a game because of things like that and it drove me nuts. >.<

I think that it would be cool for the opposite key to be given out over wifi.

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
I think it's horribly stupid. I don't know anybody that plays Pokemon in real life (it's like my skeleton in the closet) and it doesn't go over wifi like Pokemon can to complete the Pokedex. Anything that requires real life interaction is pushing the limits.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I mean I guess it's alright, but other than my 10 year old brother nobody really plays Pokemon around me (probably shuns it actually). I have access to multiple DS's and my brother's game so I could basically do what I want, but it's kind of a hassle since it's just me and it would be nice to have someone my age around =/

Years
I agree...Kind of buggs me a bit too. I also have the access to another ds....just to annoying really to do it all by myself. and I agree with you, wish someone my age was around that played.

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
Years
I thought the keys were neat, but Wi-Fi trading would've been nice.

These systems are not designed with international audiences in mind, obviously. Pokemon must still be so big in Japan that you're almost guaranteed to know someone there with one of the games.

The real life requirement is also my biggest gripe with some of the Streetpass features in 3DS games as well. I'm guessing that everyone has a 3DS in Japan too.

Years
streetpass features? and yeah i know, I was actually about to move to Japan for my Tattooing career to expand. ((crossing fingers))

HaiImNate

Ice Cream
Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2013
I think that the key system is pretty cool. If you have friends locally that play the game then you can exchange keys and problem solved. If you don't then tough luck. I think that it is a convenient way to get gamers to interact with their friends through the game. Or if you have both games and two DS' then you'll be able to exchange keys that way. I think that it would be cool if there was an event with the key to get the other regi, that way this problem could also be solved even easier.

Keys can be transferred to the other games to catch the opposite Regi through Unova Link.

Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2023
I personally adore the key system. Something you can trade over to other gens to enjoy your own gaming experience even more is great ;D

Back