• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wisconsin Governor signs abortion bill requiring ultrasounds

Years
But abortion is still legal in North Dakota, and there is still a legal abortion provider there. Nothing in North Dakota law requires there to only be one abortion provider. That's just a coincidence. Liberals want abortion to be legal, but they don't really want it to be safe or rare, since they oppose laws that would make it more safe and more rare.

Really, what's wrong with letting a woman see her baby before she decides to murder it? Even your computer asks your if you're sure before you delete and important file.

So first you call the blastocyst an actual baby, but then you equate it to nothing more than a computer file. Which is it?

Sir Codin

Livewire, it doesn't even need to be the blastocyst. The moment the fertilization envelope forms around the egg cell, that's when the conservatives want to control what a woman does with her uterus. And sometimes they don't even wait until that long.

Last edited:

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
North Dakota has only one abortion provider in the entire state. That means only women in that state with the means to travel have access to a safe abortion services provider. One, in an entire state. That state, effectively, is officially abortion-free as a result. The consequence of this is that women who cannot make the trip to that abortion provider must rely on other means to get an abortion, some of which are decidedly not safe, and could potentially be fatal to both the mother and the foetus. So while you are technically correct, practically you are not. Unless the situation in these low abortion provider states is rectified, shares in companies that make coat hangers will skyrocket.
Yes, all true. But... why can't they just open another one or more than that? O_o Problem solved.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
I expect the mothers will be expected to pay exorbitant costs for the ultrasound? When some of them are possibly making the decision because they feel they aren't in a financial decision to support a child?

...That was well thought-through.

That's a terrible reason because they won't have to keep the child if they deliver it.

So first you call the blastocyst an actual baby, but then you equate it to nothing more than a computer file. Which is it?

Red herring is red. I didn't equate a baby to a computer file; I was just using an analogy.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
As a woman, I can adamantly say that this bill is some serious bullcrap. If you can't see the true intention behind this, then read between the lines.

I'm an unemployed college student, if I'm raped and impregnated, where the hell am I going to get the financial stability to support myself and my child for 18 years? In some cases, abortion is the best option. If someone is in a situation where their quality of life would be much better off without the added responsibility of a child, then abortion should be an option.

All I see in this bill is that they want to guilt trip women in changing their minds and keeping the babies. Requiring ultrasounds to point out the baby's external features to the mother? That's some manipulative bull right there. Many women who have necessary abortions already go through trauma, they don't need salt on an open wound.

As Livewire mentioned, all I can see this bill doing is upping the percentage of less-than-quality, potentially dangerous abortions being performed.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
As a woman, I can adamantly say that this bill is some serious bullcrap. If you can't see the true intention behind this, then read between the lines.

I'm an unemployed college student, if I'm raped and impregnated, where the hell am I going to get the financial stability to support myself and my child for 18 years? In some cases, abortion is the best option. If someone is in a situation where their quality of life would be much better off without the added responsibility of a child, then abortion should be an option.

All I see in this bill is that they want to guilt trip women in changing their minds and keeping the babies. Requiring ultrasounds to point out the baby's external features to the mother? That's some manipulative bull right there. Many women who have necessary abortions already go through trauma, they don't need salt on an open wound.

As Livewire mentioned, all I can see this bill doing is upping the percentage of less-than-quality, potentially dangerous abortions being performed.

That's not a good reason to get an abortion because no one will force you to keep the baby once it's born, and you can get an abortion if you're the victim of a bona fide rape in even the most conservative states.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
That's not a good reason to get an abortion because no one will force you to keep the baby once it's born, and you can get an abortion if you're the victim of a bona fide rape in even the most conservative states.

Hospital and medical fees aren't exactly cheap, it's not like babies don't cost anything up until they're born. Not to mention the stress that women's bodies undergo just from carrying the baby. I've seen women prematurely terminated from their jobs because they were in their third trimester and could no longer do physical labor as well. Personally I would not carry a baby for nine months just to throw it into foster care or put it up for adoption. That's unfair to the child and myself as the mother.

Rape isn't the only cause of unwanted pregnancy, either. Condoms break, birth control could fail, etc. Life happens and sometimes we need a way to get back on track without completely throwing our current lifestyle out the window for nearly 20 years because we brought a human being into this world.

Also the term bona fide rape is incredibly insulting. There's no real or fake rape. Rape is rape and it has extreme consequences.

Last edited:

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
Thank you. I lol'ed XD

Hospital and medical fees aren't exactly cheap, it's not like babies don't cost anything up until they're born. Not to mention the stress that women's bodies undergo just from carrying the baby. I've seen women prematurely terminated from their jobs because they were in their third trimester and could no longer do physical labor as well.
Your country is so screwed up sometimes.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years

Do you also believe that a womans body has ways of preventing a pregnancy if she is raped?

Your comment sounds eerily similar to something Tod Akin would say.

That said, can you define 'bona fide rape'? And explain how it differs from, for lack of a better term, 'regular rape'?

Sir Codin

There is no difference. Sugercoat it all you want, but rape is rape.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
Do you also believe that a womans body has ways of preventing a pregnancy if she is raped?

Your comment sounds eerily similar to something Tod Akin would say.

That said, can you define 'bona fide rape'? And explain how it differs from, for lack of a better term, 'regular rape'?

All rape is rape. That's really all there is to it.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
All rape is rape. That's really all there is to it.

You used bona fide rape instead of rape - The only reason to differentiate between something is if a person believes them different.

The definition of Bona Fide is genuine, or real.

So can you explain what you believe to be different between bona fide, genuine or real, rape and rape? Why, if you believe that rape is rape, make this differentiation?

I've a idea of what you meant - Mostly conjecture based on other parts of your post, but a idea still. I'll keep it to myself though, give you a chance to answer my questions.

Last edited:

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
You used bona fide rape instead of rape - The only reason to differentiate between something is if a person believes them different.

The definition of Bona Fide is genuine, or real.

So can you explain what you believe to be different between bona fide, genuine or real, rape and rape? Why, if you believe that rape is rape, make this differentiation?

I've a idea of what you meant - Mostly conjecture based on other parts of your post, but a idea still. I'll keep it to myself though, give you a chance to answer my questions.

There is no difference in terms of a woman's ability to get pregnant from rape, but not all woman who claim they've been raped to get an abortion actually have been.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
It's attitudes like that which cause rape to be so prevalent

Telling women that 'you weren't really raped' is exactly why so many are afraid to report these crimes committed against themselves.

This same attitude is also why child abuse, both physical and sexual, is prevalent. Child comes out, says someone is abusing them? Right off the bat, people are going to say that the child 'wasn't really abused'

Last edited:

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
It's attitudes like that which cause rape to be so prevalent

Telling women that 'you weren't really raped' is exactly why so many are afraid to report these crimes committed against themselves.

And its also why child abuse is so prevalent as well - Child says someone is abusing them, either physically or sexually? Many people will right off the bat label the child a lier.

Sad really - How many people in this world would rather blame the victim instead of the criminal.

CPS here has been overzealous in their pursuance of child abuse and neglect claims because of the kind of thinking that you advocate for. The result has been children being separated from their families illegally, prompting legislative investigations into the matter. So, I would say that caution is the best policy.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
Few people realize this, but there exists a vast difference between justifiable caution and complete disregard.

Saying that women who claim to have been raped weren't really raped isn't a example of justifiable caution - It's a example of complete disregard.

Last edited:
Back