• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Part 2 is a sequel that will start off right after the events in this hack with the same characters in a new region with new Pokemon and everyone wearing newer, more original outfits.

If you're looking into putting the sequel to Pokémon: Dark Rising on Generation 4, the latest version of SDSME will actually be able to do such a lot of stuff, it can edit texts, replace map models with ones made with 3ds Max 6 or Maya 7.0. It can also change the music that plays on a map.

I have a tutorial on editing maps in Generation 5, which will help you on editing maps in Generation 4. But instead of using NPRE, you'd use Spiky's DS Map Editor (SDSME) when mapping Generation 4, 'cause it's alot easier. Team Fail's tutorial on editing gen 4 maps will also help you with using the basic functions of SDSME. But even if you choose to keep it on Generation 3, that's OK I understand. ^^

But apart from that, I'm looking forward to playing Beta 2 of Pokémon: Dark Rising when it comes out. It'll be interesting to see what happens in the end of the ROM hack. ^^

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
If you're looking into putting the sequel to Pokémon: Dark Rising on Generation 4, the latest version of SDSME will actually be able to do such a lot of stuff, it can edit texts, replace map models with ones made with 3ds Max 6 or Maya 7.0. It can also change the music that plays on a map.

I have a tutorial on editing maps in Generation 5, which will help you on editing maps in Generation 4. But instead of using NPRE, you'd use Spiky's DS Map Editor (SDSME) when mapping Generation 4, 'cause it's alot easier. Team Fail's tutorial on editing gen 4 maps will also help you with using the basic functions of SDSME. But even if you choose to keep it on Generation 3, that's OK I understand. ^^

But apart from that, I'm looking forward to playing Beta 2 of Pokémon: Dark Rising when it comes out. It'll be interesting to see what happens in the end of the ROM hack. ^^

Thanks a lot. I'll surely look into that.

Years
  • Seen Oct 8, 2013
I love love love this hack! Probably my favorite one to date. But there is one bug that maybe someone already pointed out. When you open the pokedex and look at the information for a pokemon and then click "next data" and the next data isn't available, the game crashes. But other than that minor flaw, this hack is amazing. 10 out of 10 all the way.

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
I love love love this hack! Probably my favorite one to date. But there is one bug that maybe someone already pointed out. When you open the pokedex and look at the information for a pokemon and then click "next data" and the next data isn't available, the game crashes. But other than that minor flaw, this hack is amazing. 10 out of 10 all the way.

Thanks. The most annoying bug I think in the hack is the hero's trainer card crashing the Rom and the fact we still haven't learned how to fix it yet. Hopefully, by December, we figure it out. But thank you for the support and I promise Beta 2 is gonna be really good, especially the story and how it'll lead into the sequel. Progress is going slow right now, but I think everyone will be satisfied that the beta 1 maps are being re-done. So while Atif is working on that, me and Tajaros have been added a lot of cool things to the sequel.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
No, we tried inserting it but it didn't come out well.

Oh my, you might've been following this tutorial... which was made way back in 2009, then only edited by Manipulation in 2010. This one would actually help you with inserting the Pokémon: Dark Rising title screen graphics without the glitchy graphics, and it was only made about a month ago too.

I have seen plenty of hacks with title screens inserted properly without any glitchy mess. ;)

Years
Oh my, you might've been following this tutorial... which was made way back in 2009, then only edited by Manipulation in 2010. This one would actually help you with inserting the Pokémon: Dark Rising title screen graphics without the glitchy graphics, and it was only made about a month ago too.

I have seen plenty of hacks with title screens inserted properly without any glitchy mess. ;)
So did u manage to script custom events in Gen 5 or not?

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years

Thanks for another tutorial, I'll be looking into this one.

Years
To be honest I don't mind putting Dusknoir in the hack. Who loves it?? I am greatly pleased with your efforts so I am thinking of writing a walk through for you. Is that OK? I have to quit my older project of another hack as it's been taken already by another member

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
I need to tell u this DRG, if u r gonna put Ash, why would u not put Gary, and Mew is there but no Mewtwo? U planning on putting them in series 2?

Gary will be in Part 2 along with Iris, May, Dawn, and others. The reason Gary wasn't in this one is for 2 reasons; 1.I couldn't think of a reason to put him in it and 2.Dray is a recolor of Gary in this hack. Dray will have a new Trainer and OW sprite in part 2 which will allow me to use Gary's sprites without it looking odd. All of the characters will have new and original looks. Oren's OW sprite has already been decided and being customized as I write this actually. As for Mewtwo, Adrian has it. Mewtwo will be available to be caught in part 2 though. Adrian has All of the Knight's Pokemon. It's really a crazy battle, you'll see what I mean in December. It Will be the hardest battle in the entire hack.

To be honest I don't mind putting Dusknoir in the hack. Who loves it?? I am greatly pleased with your efforts so I am thinking of writing a walk through for you. Is that OK? I have to quit my older project of another hack as it's been taken already by another member

Sure, that'll be great!

Circaoffire

Clueless Scripter :/
Years
  • Seen May 27, 2016
Hey DRG, so far I am loving the hack! There are a few mapping errors/mismatches that I am sure you are aware. I don't have any worries about those since I see that everything is being redone for the next beta. :D I love the storyline so far and the leveling is really smooth while still being difficult :) However, one small thing that made me sad (cause I got so excited) is that my larvesta can't learn overheat(?). I looked it up, and it should be able to, but the game says my "Larvae" is not compatible with Overheat. Just a heads up in case it's a bug. Thanks to everyone for all the time you guys and gals have put into Dark Rising!! It really shows :D

Years
Another thing, this may be random but do u plan on putting Team Rocket's Jessie James and Meowth as well as Giovanni into the game cus if u follow the anime u will see that Team Rocket has finally stepped up their game and r now probably the most awesome characters in the series any intentions of doing so?

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Hey DRG, so far I am loving the hack! There are a few mapping errors/mismatches that I am sure you are aware. I don't have any worries about those since I see that everything is being redone for the next beta. :D I love the storyline so far and the leveling is really smooth while still being difficult :) However, one small thing that made me sad (cause I got so excited) is that my larvesta can't learn overheat(?). I looked it up, and it should be able to, but the game says my "Larvae" is not compatible with Overheat. Just a heads up in case it's a bug. Thanks to everyone for all the time you guys and gals have put into Dark Rising!! It really shows :D

Wow, sorry about that. I'll make sure it can learn Overheat as soon as I get the main rom back tommorrow.

Another thing, this may be random but do u plan on putting Team Rocket's Jessie James and Meowth as well as Giovanni into the game cus if u follow the anime u will see that Team Rocket has finally stepped up their game and r now probably the most awesome characters in the series any intentions of doing so?

I thought about it, but no. They'll be mentioned though. And if I do add them somewhere, it'll be a surprise and they'll most likely be good guys as this hack is After the Series is over. I'm assuming Team Rocket won't be working for Giovanni at the end of the series and turn to the complete good side or something.

Years
  • Seen May 18, 2014
i start playing this game few days back. what i observed game is damn good. one of best hack i've ever played. new pokemon at starting. what i love most is story, unique story line and its interesting.

what i dont like and need to improve (maybe im only one who's having these issues):
1. no one give map of region in game. every time i have to check map inside pokemon center.
2. game crashes & restart it self when i tried to check data of some pokemon.
3. as i select my name to look badges again game restart it self.

Last edited:

Circaoffire

Clueless Scripter :/
Years
  • Seen May 27, 2016
Wow, sorry about that. I'll make sure it can learn Overheat as soon as I get the main rom back tommorrow.

No problem! ^^ Just one of those tiny things I'm sure no one noticed :P I'm glad it will be fixed. My Volcarona is going to be a boss :D

Back