• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Legends: Saann [T] ~OOC~

gunnerpow7

☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
Years
Pokémon Legends: Saann

This is the OOC thread. Please post all IC posts in the IC thread.​

Storyline:

The Saann Region, found south of Hoenn, this region is abundant with nature. Its cities are very unique, unlike other regions. A city in an island meadow, a city bisected by a river, a city built on mere islets, the Saann region never fails to amaze people with its landscape and history.

In 1812, the Saann region was founded by a group of colonists from the Hoenn region, fleeing from the said region because of the Hoenn-Johto war. In 1820, an evil team arose from the beautiful oasis. They call themselves Team Stellar. Team Stellar was a group from the Johto region who also came to Saann with the colonists. They plundered everything the Saann region's worth. Fortunately, three trainers who were assigned to protect the colonists defeated Team Stellar and disbanded them. In 1827, the Hoenn-Johto war ended and peace was restored to the two regions along with the Saann region. In 1901, the Saann region was deemed an official region by the Pokémon International League and was opened for tourists. Because of this, the whole population of the Saann Region was changed from roughly 250,000 to 1,000,000.

Now, in 2012, to commemorate the Saann region's 200 years, the PIL and the Saann Regional League opens its first Pokémon League circuit. But wait, a new evil team has arisen from the rubbles of Saann's past.

Trainer:

The story starts off with you, travelling to Sunflower Town, to get your very first Pokémon. In the Saann region, the professor here does not give you your Pokémon, but you have to catch it by yourself. Don't worry, the Pokémon you will meet are tame and will not harm you. After that, you are free to explore the Saann region. Your first gym is entirely up to you. How you get there is also completely up to you. Battle gym leaders, your rivals, wild Pokémon, foil Team Stellar's plot of world domination, but most importantly, take time to realize and embrace the nature, culture, and history of the Saann Region.

Team Stellar:

You have been recruited to Team Stellar! Congratulations! As you may have heard, Team Stellar was first conceived by our leader's ancestors. Your job is to rob everything Saann owns. The tasks will be given to you by our very own leader. Crush everyone who stands in your way, don't let anyone stand in your way. But most importantly, destroy Saann.

Locations:

Saann Region

Spoiler:

In Depth Look of Saaan

Spoiler:

Gym Leaders:

Spoiler:

Pokémon:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Rules:

1. Please follow all PC rules

2. Please follow all RP rules

3. Only the GM can control:
All NPC's
All Gym Leaders
Team Stellar's Leader
Elite Four
Champion
Professor Acacia

4. If you want to catch a Pokémon, please end the post where the ball hits the Pokémon or is about to hit. The GM will decide if you catch the Pokémon or not.

5. If you want to fight an NPC, please VM the GM.

6. This will be somewhat a "chaptered" RP. Because of this, this will be the chapters.

Trainer Chap 1: Start until you get the second badge.
Trainer Chap 2: Second badge until the fifth badge.
Trainer Chap 3: Fifth until seventh.
Team Stellar Chap 1: Start until you finished the second mission.
Team Stellar Chap 2: Second up to fifth mission.
Team Stellar Chap 3: Fifth up to eighth.
Trainer and Team Stellar Chap 4: Arrived at Zapqua City and:
Trainer: Must defeat Team Stellar and gotten the last badge.
Team Stellar: Prevent the trainers from foiling your plans.
Trainer Chap 5: Fight Elite 4 and Champion
Team Stellar Chap 5: After Chap 4, you find your own way.

7. If you want to fight another RPer, please coordinate it in the OOC thread and you must be in the same city.

8. Battles must be finished with a cliffhanger. The GM will decide who wins by the quality of the post.

9. Levels don't exist in this world. To be easy, here are the stats.

Your first Pokémon starts at Level 5.
Any Pokémon you capture will be Lv. 15 or 30. Depends on where you are now.
4 battles with wild Pokémon grant you one level.
1 win in a NPC battle grants you one level to each Pokémon that participated.
1 win in a RP battle grants you two levels to each Pokémon that participated. Otherwise, one level will be given.
1 win in a Gym Battle for the Trainers or Boss Battle for Team Stellar will net you three levels to each Pokémon that participated. Otherwise, one level will be given.
1 win from an Elite Four or Champion or the Team Stellar's boss will net you four levels. Otherwise, two levels will be given.

10. Please update your roster if you have captured one Pokémon.

11. No Godmodding, Powerplaying, Bunnying, etc. of any kind.

12. If you are inactive for one week without excuse, you will receive a warning.

13. Any questions? Please ask in the OOC thread or VM the GM.

14. Have fun!

Sign-Up Form

WE NEED FIVE TRAINERS AND FIVE TEAM STELLAR MEMBERS

I know this is a pain in the neck, but you have to copy all of the codes to ensure that you had read this announcement and the rules. If not, your SU will not be accepted. Don't worry. The codes will be given.

Trainer:

Spoiler:

Team Stellar:

Spoiler:

Also, all players must submit a Roleplay Sample about 2 paragraphs or more.

Spots

Trainer:

1. gunnerpow7 as Chris Leaf
2. Meganium90 as Alannah Dubois
3. EGKangaroo as Austin Hamilton

Team Stellar:

1. gunnerpow7 as the Team Stellar Boss

And that's all! Have fun!

Last edited:

Pokemonmaster_draco

One Of The Best
Years
Reserve me a spot please. I'l post in my SU a little later today. By the way, how many spots are there?

EDIT: Ok, sorry, i'l try and build my SU as fast as i can, sorry for not having posting for the two days. I'l get my SU up.., i'v just been really busy with some holiday project.

Last edited:

zapdos926

I'm secretly a typhlosion, shh
Years
Name: Althalos
Personality: Althalos is a very kind, easy going and loyal person. He is very mild-mannered and loves just sitting with his pokemon. He has a place in his heart for fire types and he always had at least one while he was living in Johto. Althalos is a fierce battler when he needs to be, as well as a good friend to have when you're sad or really at any other time. Always the optimist, he never looks at the bad side of the situation, no mater the foreseeable outcome.
Appearance: Tall and thin, but not weak. He stands at just over 6 feet and weighs around 140 pounds. He always wears a pair of blue jeans, a red t-shirt with a large black flame printed on the front and Osiris skater shoes. He has light brown hair and icy blue eyes.
History:Althalos was born and raised in Johto, the oldest of three kids and always the one to keep others up beat. When he was five, Althalos' family moved from Cianwood City to Ekruteak, which was a rather bleak town. Althalos never liked it there and left the first chance he got, which was when he was 10. He got a pokemon from Professor Elm like most kids and went on his journey, which lasted the past five years of his life. He has only recently defeated the Indigo Plateau and when he heard about the pokemon league in Saann, he didn't hesitate to go.
Starter: Typhlosion/male/Dom

gunnerpow7

☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
Years
zapdos926, your SU is rejected on account that you haven't read the whole post. Also, your SU is under par. I suggest you reread the first post.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I am going to hand in my reservation for this. ^_^

Kay, I am totally new to RPing, so I hope I do well. :3

I'd like to reserve a spot for a trainer, please! Should get it in for the next two days.

gunnerpow7

☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
Years
Meganium90, you're reserved. You got 48 hours.

Pokemonmaster_draco, your reservation has been expired. If you still want to put up an SU, then go ahead.

EGKangaroo

Tail-bumps for all 'roolovers!
Years
Welcome to the Saann Region! Please fill up the form below to get your trainer's card.

Name: Austin Hamilton
Hometown: Starlight Town
Personality:
Austin has a cool, level-headed nature. He tends not to panic much, and tries to find the most direct solution to a problem he faces. He has an inherent distrust of authority, and a driving force behind his actions is usually standing up for the little man. He hates seeing injustice being done to anybody, and is quick to react to anybody whom he sees harming other people. Sarcastic at times, but in general he has a tolerant and caring attitude, and is usually good to get along with.

However, he can sometimes be very stubborn, often not taking the advice other people give him when he really should. He is fiercely independent, and tends to be driven closer to people with the same mindset. He can be very determined at times, not giving up easy, even after getting numerous setbacks, on any obstacle.
Appearance:
He has a relatively small posture, standing at only a height of 5'2", and has an average weight, not too chubby or skinny. He has dirt blonde hair, usually kept in bangs that skim his eyebrows, and reach collar-length at the back. His eyes are an icy blue colour, and he possesses a lightly tanned skin colour from the long times he spends outdoors.

He usually wears a red and white plaid button down shirt, which he usually keeps unbuttoned, with a white shirt underneath it, blue jeans, baggy and relatively worn out with a few tears at the bottom near his heels, and black trainers. Most of the time, he wears a typical trainer cap on his head that's red with a white pokéball design on it. He usually keeps the items he needs in a red backpack, which, just like his cap, has a matching white pokéball design on it.
History:
Austin was born on the outskirts of Starlight Town on a Mareep farm to a large family with roots lying in Johto. He had 2 older sisters, now aged 17 and 22, and later, his younger brother, now aged 14, was born. His parents divorced when he was young, and he hardly remembered his mother, save for the few times she visited. He often helped his father around on the farm with various tasks such as feeding the Mareep, or collecting the shedded fleece every summer. His life was thus pretty hectic with all of his schoolwork in addition to him helping around a lot on the farm. He befriended one particular Mareep easily, who one day, attempted to jump over the fence to escape from the farm. Austin was much impressed by the independent nature of the Mareep, and promised him he would show him the outside world someday.

From that day on, he spent most of his time playing with the Mareep, whom he later nicknamed Jumbuck for his sometimes stubborn behaviour, which he only appreciated more and more. Austin often had arguments with his father, who was fiercely loyal to his Johto roots, and awaited the day that team Stellar would rise again. When rumour came in that they did, Austin acted quick. To avoid being forced by his father to join them once he would be of age, he fell back to the promise he made to Jumbuck to show him the world. He He only briefly stopped by to tell the news. His father was not surprisingly very unhappy with this news, but reluctantly allowed him to go anyway.
Starter: A male Mareep nicknamed Jumbuck

I hope everything is hereby adequate.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I would like to reserve a trainer spot!

Also, when you say 'psudo-legendary,' do you mean Riolu as well? I want my person to have a Riolu.

pseudo-legendary Pokemon are Pokemon that are as strong as legendaries but they evolve and breed. There are six: Dragonite, Hydreigon, Metagross, Garchomp, Tyranitar, and Salamence. I'm pretty sure the GM will let you use Riolu, as I was thinking of using Mienfoo as my starter. But it evolves late soooo...I'm rethinking my starter as of this moment.

Speaking of which. I'll have my SU up by tonight. Taking a bit longer than usual. lol

ACTUALLY I HAVE IT DONE.

Welcome to the Saann Region! Please fill up the form below to get your trainer's card.

Name: Alannah Dubois
Hometown: Icirrus City, Unova
Personality: Alannah is very quiet. She has a very lonerish personality, but she has a few close friends at school. Socializing, going out, and hanging out weren't really her things to do. She would rather stay home and read her favorite mystery novels. Her father is strict, he expects her to be good at school, and keep up with her studies. Many of the novels she had read were about Pokemon. Her friends had labeled her "geek" because of her common use of reading glasses in class.
When Alannah is around her friends, people, and her father, she is sympathetic, kind, and talkative. She is also humorous and likes to crack a joke every now and then. She has another side of her though...a competitive side of her. She likes to win at everything, and her goal is to win the Saann League. Her father never got the chance to win a league, so it was up to Alannah fulfill his dream.

Appearance: Alannah is a punk rocker. She prefers black T-shirts, blue jeans, and converse shoes. Rock music has been her main interest at first, before her main interest in Pokemon came along when she turned 14. Her dad didn't approve her style. She always carries a black messenger bag with with a picture of a Charizard. It was a gift from her grandmother.
She is thin, light-brown skinned. She likes to soak up the sun everyday to get a perfect tan, but the sun in Icirrus wasn't as bright. The only part that isn't "punk" about her is her hair. Dark brown, with purple highlights. The hair is mid-length on the back, but it is up to her shoulders when tied up as a ponytail. She has green eyes.

History: Alannah was born in Johto. Her parents got divorced when she was three, and by that she was raised by her father in Icirrus City. She is an only child. Her father is a Pokemon doctor assisting Nurse Joy at the Pokemon Center, so there was some Pokemon exposure with him. Only problem is...Alannah hasn't had any Pokemon experience. Her father depended on her and her studies.
By the time she turned 14, Alannah told her father that she wanted to travel around the Unova region to compete in the Unova Pokemon League. He rejected her request due to her poor grades in school. She hated school. All she wanted to do is to travel the world like every other kid in the Pokemon world, and meet different kinds of Pokemon...just like her father when he was her age.
A year later, and at turning 15, Alannah got back on track with her studies, and got straight A's in every subject. On her 15th birthday, she asked her father if she could go explore the Unova region to compete in the league. Gratefully, he had granted permission. But it's not the Unova League she will be competing for. Her father encouraged her to compete in the Saann League, where there will be a special league opening.

Starter: First Choice:
619.gif
Mienfoo

Second Choice:
501.gif
Oshawott

RP Tryout (this is my first time RPing so I'm not sure how good is this. xD):
Spoiler:

Last edited:

gunnerpow7

☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
Years
Considering to join, but I'll wait for the map and pokemon to be submitted. xP

The Map is already posted. It is under Locations. As for the Pokemon... I'm still updating it.. I'm too lazy... =/

Name: Austin Hamilton
Hometown: Starlight Town
Personality:
Austin has a cool, level-headed nature. He tends not to panic much, and tries to find the most direct solution to a problem he faces. He has an inherent distrust of authority, and a driving force behind his actions is usually standing up for the little man. He hates seeing injustice being done to anybody, and is quick to react to anybody whom he sees harming other people. Sarcastic at times, but in general he has a tolerant and caring attitude, and is usually good to get along with.

However, he can sometimes be very stubborn, often not taking the advice other people give him when he really should. He is fiercely independent, and tends to be driven closer to people with the same mindset. He can be very determined at times, not giving up easy, even after getting numerous setbacks, on any obstacle.
Appearance:
He has a relatively small posture, standing at only a height of 5'2", and has an average weight, not too chubby or skinny. He has dirt blonde hair, usually kept in bangs that skim his eyebrows, and reach collar-length at the back. His eyes are an icy blue colour, and he possesses a lightly tanned skin colour from the long times he spends outdoors.

He usually wears a red and white plaid button down shirt, which he usually keeps unbuttoned, with a white shirt underneath it, blue jeans, baggy and relatively worn out with a few tears at the bottom near his heels, and black trainers. Most of the time, he wears a typical trainer cap on his head that's red with a white pokéball design on it. He usually keeps the items he needs in a red backpack, which, just like his cap, has a matching white pokéball design on it.
History:
Austin was born on the outskirts of Starlight Town on a Mareep farm to a large family with roots lying in Johto. He had 2 older sisters, now aged 17 and 22, and later, his younger brother, now aged 14, was born. His parents divorced when he was young, and he hardly remembered his mother, save for the few times she visited. He often helped his father around on the farm with various tasks such as feeding the Mareep, or collecting the shedded fleece every summer. His life was thus pretty hectic with all of his schoolwork in addition to him helping around a lot on the farm. He befriended one particular Mareep easily, who one day, attempted to jump over the fence to escape from the farm. Austin was much impressed by the independent nature of the Mareep, and promised him he would show him the outside world someday.

From that day on, he spent most of his time playing with the Mareep, whom he later nicknamed Jumbuck for his sometimes stubborn behaviour, which he only appreciated more and more. Austin often had arguments with his father, who was fiercely loyal to his Johto roots, and awaited the day that team Stellar would rise again. When rumour came in that they did, Austin acted quick. To avoid being forced by his father to join them once he would be of age, he fell back to the promise he made to Jumbuck to show him the world. He He only briefly stopped by to tell the news. His father was not surprisingly very unhappy with this news, but reluctantly allowed him to go anyway.
Starter: A male Mareep nicknamed Jumbuck

I hope everything is hereby adequate.

Your SU is accepted! Remember though that you have to capture your Pokemon on the lab grounds in Sunflower Town. Also, you should atleast have an RP sample. You can do it on the spot or copy one from other RPs that you joined. Make sure, it has details of the RP, character, etc.

I would like to reserve a trainer spot!

Also, when you say 'psudo-legendary,' do you mean Riolu as well? I want my person to have a Riolu.

It is okay that you have a Riolu as a starter. Just remember that you have to capture it... Also you are reserved. You got 48 hours.

pseudo-legendary Pokemon are Pokemon that are as strong as legendaries but they evolve and breed. There are six: Dragonite, Hydreigon, Metagross, Garchomp, Tyranitar, and Salamence. I'm pretty sure the GM will let you use Riolu, as I was thinking of using Mienfoo as my starter. But it evolves late soooo...I'm rethinking my starter as of this moment.

Speaking of which. I'll have my SU up by tonight. Taking a bit longer than usual. lol

ACTUALLY I HAVE IT DONE.

Name: Alannah Dubois
Hometown: Icirrus City, Unova
Personality: Alannah is very quiet. She has a very lonerish personality, but she has a few close friends at school. Socializing, going out, and hanging out weren't really her things to do. She would rather stay home and read her favorite mystery novels. Her father is strict, he expects her to be good at school, and keep up with her studies. Many of the novels she had read were about Pokemon. Her friends had labeled her "geek" because of her common use of reading glasses in class.
When Alannah is around her friends, people, and her father, she is sympathetic, kind, and talkative. She is also humorous and likes to crack a joke every now and then. She has another side of her though...a competitive side of her. She likes to win at everything, and her goal is to win the Saann League. Her father never got the chance to win a league, so it was up to Alannah fulfill his dream.

Appearance: Alannah is a punk rocker. She prefers black T-shirts, blue jeans, and converse shoes. Rock music has been her main interest at first, before her main interest in Pokemon came along when she turned 14. Her dad didn't approve her style. She always carries a black messenger bag with with a picture of a Charizard. It was a gift from her grandmother.
She is thin, light-brown skinned. She likes to soak up the sun everyday to get a perfect tan, but the sun in Icirrus wasn't as bright. The only part that isn't "punk" about her is her hair. Dark brown, with purple highlights. The hair is mid-length on the back, but it is up to her shoulders when tied up as a ponytail. She has green eyes.

History: Alannah was born in Johto. Her parents got divorced when she was three, and by that she was raised by her father in Icirrus City. She is an only child. Her father is a Pokemon doctor assisting Nurse Joy at the Pokemon Center, so there was some Pokemon exposure with him. Only problem is...Alannah hasn't had any Pokemon experience. Her father depended on her and her studies.
By the time she turned 14, Alannah told her father that she wanted to travel around the Unova region to compete in the Unova Pokemon League. He rejected her request due to her poor grades in school. She hated school. All she wanted to do is to travel the world like every other kid in the Pokemon world, and meet different kinds of Pokemon...just like her father when he was her age.
A year later, and at turning 15, Alannah got back on track with her studies, and got straight A's in every subject. On her 15th birthday, she asked her father if she could go explore the Unova region to compete in the league. Gratefully, he had granted permission. But it's not the Unova League she will be competing for. Her father encouraged her to compete in the Saann League, where there will be a special league opening.

Starter: First Choice:
619.gif
Mienfoo

Second Choice:
501.gif
Oshawott

RP Tryout (this is my first time RPing so I'm not sure how good is this. xD):
Spoiler:

Your SU has been accepted. Also you can have Meinfoo as your starter. Just make sure that you capture in in the grounds of the lab.

EGKangaroo

Tail-bumps for all 'roolovers!
Years
I must have read over the part where it said that the pokémon must be captured on the lab grounds in Sunflower Town. If it's best, I could try to change the SU a bit to fix it, since I won't know how to otherwise set that right later on, or I could work something out, depending on whether that would be allowed.

I was thinking of something along the lines of the Mareep slipping onto the lab grounds, with my character then attempting to catch him as normal. Given that he has zero battling experience anyway, it wouldn't necessarily give me an advantage.

Well, either that, or I could just think of a completely different story, either way you think is best.

Anyway, as for the RP sample. I am not quite sure exactly what you would want to see, but I suppose this would suffice. It's from an earlier RP I've done already:
Namely this one: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=7122784&postcount=1
Character details for said sample: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=7109980&postcount=18
Sample: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=7149825&postcount=20

I think that's pretty much all that was asked of me.

gunnerpow7

☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
Years
I must have read over the part where it said that the pokémon must be captured on the lab grounds in Sunflower Town. If it's best, I could try to change the SU a bit to fix it, since I won't know how to otherwise set that right later on, or I could work something out, depending on whether that would be allowed.

I was thinking of something along the lines of the Mareep slipping onto the lab grounds, with my character then attempting to catch him as normal. Given that he has zero battling experience anyway, it wouldn't necessarily give me an advantage.

Well, either that, or I could just think of a completely different story, either way you think is best.

Anyway, as for the RP sample. I am not quite sure exactly what you would want to see, but I suppose this would suffice. It's from an earlier RP I've done already:
Namely this one: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=7122784&postcount=1
Character details for said sample: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=7109980&postcount=18
Sample: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=7149825&postcount=20

I think that's pretty much all that was asked of me.

The first one is cool by me... =3

Also, juniebug910, your reservation has expired, you can still put up an SU but I will not hold your place anymore.

juniebug910

Dragon of Light
Years
May I RE-reserve? PLEASE????????????????? XDDD Still working on it!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name:Lillian Ora Shinseina

Personality:

Appearance:

History:

Starter: Female Riolu

gunnerpow7

☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
Years
May I RE-reserve? PLEASE????????????????? XDDD Still working on it!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name:Lillian Ora Shinseina

Personality:

Appearance:

History:

Starter: Female Riolu

Yeah, you are reserved... Again... =3

Back