• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Im Writeing A Pokemon Fanfic!! Need Ideas!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
The Storys main main charecters are 3 girls on a pokemon journey in the Kanto region. I havent thought much about what the story will include besides your traditional pokemon journey and gym battles, so i was hopeing for some ideas. Your welcome to post.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Here's an idea:

Post in the correct section.

The main forum of PFF&P is for actual stories. The Writer's Lounge subforum is where you post "Help! I don't know how to do X!" threads.

I'll move it to the correct forum for you.

Also, let me say that you would probably be better off thinking of your own story with your characters. That way, you'll be writing a story you are interested in, instead of writing a story someone else wants to see, and you molding your characters to fit that story. You should think more about a situation that you would like to see played out in the Pokemon world, place your three characters in that situation, and then see how they deal with the situation and the world they're in.

Years
oops sorry. ya i kno but i wanna get small ideas not huge ones thatll totally change my view of the story plus i like listening to others ideas.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
Years
Well, you haven't given us much to go on, for one thing. For another, you're supposed to come up with these things yourself. You've only told us you're 'writeing' an OT fic with three girls in Kanto. Whuppee. I daresay it might have been done before. /sarcasm

You haven't told us how old they are, what they're like (are they pathetic giggling wusses or tomboyish tough girls who lived in a forest for ten years?) or even where they come from. You haven't even told us what genre this is going to be. Is it a horror story, a romance, a comedy, a horrific romantic comedy?

So really, I can't even begin to offer input until you tell us some more, and I really think you should come up with some semblance of a plot before you even think about posting an idea thread.

~Sparkles

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
so i was hopeing for some ideas.

Multiple girls, and you need ideas? Well, I've got one involving a cup, but I don't think that would be kosher for PC.

Seriously, agreeing with Sparky here. You've got an extremely bare-bones concept, but because the concept ("OT story") is so broad, we can't actually give you too many ideas.

If your idea well is that bone dry, however, my suggestion would be to read other OT stories and see what they do. (To the fanfiction index with thee!) From there, you can see how OT stories establish themselves and what kinds of options you've got. I don't by any means suggest that you copy a plot or do pretty much the same thing as one of the other OT stories are doing. I'm just saying that once you get a handle for the genre by reading enough of it, you'll be able to fire off ideas on your own.

Good luck.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
Years
Oh god Jax for the love of all that is holy do not mention the cup! *hides*

But Jax is right. Read around and see what some of the experienced writers do, and you might get inspired.

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
And spelling and grammar are your friends when you want people to read your stories. ;)

Years
Yeah, at least start out with your own ideas, but if you can't think of anything, do what I do:
Think of some episode of the anime or a movie that you though could've been done better or you think should have something else in it, and write about that! For example: That Deoxis movie? Remember? Why did the two Deoxis end up on Earth. What exactly were they thinking? What was Raikuaza (OMG I can't speel a pokemon's name to save my life) thinking when the Deoxis showed up? Etc...
Hope this helped, but please try to think up your own ideas a little bit.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
I lol'd at the cup.

Well, some advice is to, well, get writing. Not writeing or righting, but writing.

Sorry, being a grammar prick today, but it hurts my brain (where's the bleach?!) when that happens.

So, you might wanna get your grammar checked because even if you don't care, we do. Very much.

Now, seriously, I need my brain bleached.

Years
Gawd i know guy I Clearly stated I needed ideas which should give u a guess already that I dont have much info XD odnt worry ill just come up with everything on my own you guys a are right. Ive been writing since 4th grade and still am alot of people think im good but i dont think so and btw this is the first fanfic i ever even thought about writeing why? cause iv ebeen told fanfic are for weeaboos xD but i dont think so.

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
Good fanfics are for those who have the audacity to challenge themselves in the skill of writing ;)

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
Don't mean to be overly blunt here, but.

Gawd i know guy I Clearly stated I needed ideas which should give u a guess already that I dont have much info

And my earlier post in this thread should give you a good guess why you shouldn't ask this fanfiction comm to come up with an entire fanfiction concept for you. *motions again to the multiple girls, one cup joke*

Ive been writing since 4th grade and still am alot of people think im good but i dont think so

I'm not quite sure why you're telling us this. While it's great that you want to write, the following doesn't leave a good impression on us:

1. I really hope you're getting a beta reader. Just leaving it at that.

2. If you have to ask us to come up with ideas for you, that doesn't exactly bode well in the storyline department, if you know what I mean.
2a. Even then, you're planning on writing an OT story. The OT genre is probably the most frequently written about category in this entire fandom, and it's got an entire list of clichés that everyone does.

Long story short, that's great that you've been writing for awhile and that people have praised you, but even if you say you don't think you're a good writer (to keep yourself humble or whatnot), I think at this point, we're going to need to see an actual story to judge for ourselves if your skill matches up to your (RL) reputation. Moreover, because you've said you've been writing for awhile, regardless of what you were writing, this actually just means whatever you write needs to be well thought-out and proofread.

cause iv ebeen told fanfic are for weeaboos

Whoever told you this is an idiot who either doesn't know fandom or doesn't know what the word "weeaboo" means. There's more fandoms than just anime, and on top of that, every fandom has fanfiction. No exceptions.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 10, 2014
Hi, I realize that this was posted a long time ago, but I'm curious to whether you wrote your fanfiction. I also write Pokemon fanfics; where I'm the main character, but I have many OC characters and also characters from the games. Depending on the region of course. I've never been on this website before, but It seems interesting.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Hi, I realize that this was posted a long time ago, but I'm curious to whether you wrote your fanfiction. I also write Pokemon fanfics; where I'm the main character, but I have many OC characters and also characters from the games. Depending on the region of course. I've never been on this website before, but It seems interesting.
I'm afraid you're unlikely to get a reply - they haven't even logged onto PC with that account since 2009.

Note that on the forums there's a no-bumping rule for threads over a month. Try PMing or VMing the member instead next time, as that's a way to contact them without breaking this rule. Feel free also to check out current fics we have around - there are some with both OCs and canon characters.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back