• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: General Questions & Answers Thread

Have you ever found a shiny?

• Yes

Votes: 30 49.2%
  • No

Votes: 17 27.9%
  • Yes, but I lost it!

Votes: 14 23.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
Years
Have you finished the main storyline yet? If not, then that's your problem. Either that or the events aren't available yet.

Years
  • Seen Feb 2, 2023
Well, i'm losing my internet, possibly tonight, and i'd like to find an a-ok generator before i do, since i don't have any friends who own the game.

Lil MuDkiP849

Dream Chaser
Years
  • Age 33
  • NY
  • Seen Aug 12, 2021
i think this goes here so...

I would really like to know with shadow pokemon in pokemon XD, can you manipulate their nature with synchronizers just like you do with normal pokemon?? And does their nature change if you soft reset before you purify them to the point of where it shows their nature or is it set??

Thanks to whoever gets to my question =)

The Red Chain

I would really like to know with shadow pokemon in pokemon XD, can you manipulate their nature with synchronizers just like you do with normal pokemon?? And does their nature change if you soft reset before you purify them to the point of where it shows their nature or is it set??

Thanks to whoever gets to my question =)
Synchronize does not work as a nature influence in XD.
The out-of-battle effects for moves like Synchronize were not featured in Ruby and Sapphire... which was when XD came out.

You're better off saving before the fight, catching the Shadow Pokemon, purifying it, checking it's nature and resetting again.
If I remember correctly you can't see the natures on Shadow Pokemon until you purify them... but I could be wrong.
In other words, it's a huge headache.

For future reference the nature is set when you encounter it.
So you can't soft reset before purifying either. x.x;

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
You're better off saving before the fight, catching the Shadow Pokemon, purifying it, checking it's nature and resetting again.
If I remember correctly you can't see the natures on Shadow Pokemon until you purify them... but I could be wrong.
In other words, it's a huge headache.

Nah, I think it shows up after you've gotten down to the last (or next to last) bar on the shadow meter. If you're going for specific natures, I suggest catching the Pokemon in another game where it's easier. |:

Lil MuDkiP849

Dream Chaser
Years
  • Age 33
  • NY
  • Seen Aug 12, 2021
Nah, I think it shows up after you've gotten down to the last (or next to last) bar on the shadow meter. If you're going for specific natures, I suggest catching the Pokemon in another game where it's easier. |:

yea but it's the only game where i can get an actual legit heal bell dragonite, but thanks anyway.

While im on the topic, is there anything such as like a time flute to purify it instantly like in colosseum if there is, i dont have a problem soft resetting...

Lil MuDkiP849

Dream Chaser
Years
  • Age 33
  • NY
  • Seen Aug 12, 2021
To my recollection, there is no Time Flute in XD.

UGH great...well there are deffinately ways to purify them quick right? like with the scents n stuff like in colosseum? why couldnt there have been a move tutor for it X-X

bobandbill

one more time
Years
UGH great...well there are deffinately ways to purify them quick right? like with the scents n stuff like in colosseum? why couldnt there have been a move tutor for it X-X
The quickest way would be to stick them in the Purification chamber in XD, and then purify the rest by walking and battling so while you do that, up to nine Pokemon get purified steadily in the purification chamber. It's a decently quick process if you have a max tempo going as well. (The scents work as well iirc...)
When does Pokemon Ranger 3 come out in the US?
I don't believe anyone knows that as no date has been announced yet? Would just have to wait to find out I suppose.

The Red Chain

Well first you need the Friend Area called Dragon Cave.
It unlocks a certain dungeon called Wyvern Hill.
Fly is in the chamber on the 30th floor.. you need a key for it obviously.

You can find keys for chambers scattered on the ground in Solar Cave. :3

The only legit way to obtain the Time Flute in XD is by obtaining it in a trade.
For instance putting the Time Flute on a Colosseum Pokemon and trading that Pokemon to a GBA Pokemon game.
Then trading that Pokemon from the GBA to XD.

Last edited:

.hack

skunkape
Years
Well first you need the Friend Area called Dragon Cave.
It unlocks a certain dungeon called Wyvern Hill.
Fly is in the chamber on the 30th floor.. you need a key for it obviously.

You can find keys for chambers scattered on the ground in Solar Cave. :3

Thanks. But how do I get Dragon Cave? Wigglytuff says he can't get it. The most recent event I've done is Kyogre, I'm waiting for buried Relic to unlock but that's not working even though I've done so many rescues I'm already diamond rank.

Years
Is there an 'easier' way to get good natures from Gamecube Shadow Pokemon other than saving before partial purity?

I know Emerald has the Synchronize bonus. Hoping it's in one of the two 'Cube games.

The Red Chain

Thanks. But how do I get Dragon Cave? Wigglytuff says he can't get it. The most recent event I've done is Kyogre, I'm waiting for buried Relic to unlock but that's not working even though I've done so many rescues I'm already diamond rank.
It's a reward for a mission.
But for the sake of simplifying things here's the Wondermail for it.

P?2? ??Y? 4???
YF?? F4T0 8???

I know Emerald has the Synchronize bonus. Hoping it's in one of the two 'Cube games.
Neither Colosseum nor XD have the Synchronize out-of-battle effect.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back