• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[RMXP] Pokemon Serenity

zingzags

PokemonGDX creator
Years
Hello Guys,

Most of you guys probably seen me here in PC (Especially Game Dev Section). Well I took A few months off from developing my game, and decided to come back. The Post is going to look a little messy until I can get propper screen shots of my game. But to view what I had before please visit Here.

Story:
Spoiler:

Screenies:
Spoiler:

Features:

Fashion system: I had this implemented awhile ago, the system is fairly easy to make. Some parts of the story require you to change cloths. Depending on the amount of help I get from spriters / graphic artist the player will have a verity of cloths.

Dual-Screen / Touch-Screen:
I have worked a bit with Vemon-12 on developing the Pokemon Essentials DS kit on implementing some of its features that exist today.

Bank:
I have yet to start working on this, but the player will have his/her own account, where they can deposit money.

Guild:
This should also be fairly easy, the player will be able to build their own guild, and recruit members of his/her guild.

Quests:
All guilds need a quest system/ side story. To gain money, meet new pokemon, and raise guild reputation.

Player Popularity:
The more popular the player becomes, the more people would want to battle with said player.

New Items:
I am going to implement a new item called Sticky Gloves, Sticky gloves are made from Spinarak web. It will allow you to climb buildings, and glass.

Hiking gear will also be available to allow players to either ascend, or descend on high rock walls (Rock Climb).

Defog, and Foggy weather will also be implemented, as soon as I get this coded I will release it to the public.

Whirlpool has also been coded in already.

Dark Pokemon / Snag Ball:
This is also going to be implemented/ fixed.

Pokemon Stalker:
Thanks to Help-14's Follow Character script, the pokemon will be able to follow you in an adventure of a life time.

Re-Battling:
Thanks to Luka S.J re-battling is going to become more rewarding.

AND MORE

P.S:
As soon as I get some help, I will provide you with better screen shots then the ones I am going to provide you now.

Recruitment:
Scripter (not really needed, but would love extra help)
Spriter (Highly needed, help with custom charaters and for GUI)
Grammar Nazi (My grammar is on par with a 12 year old)
Tiler ( Custom Tiles will be loved)
Mapper ( To see if My maps are pretty good, not really needed).
Beta testers ( for my top fans)
Motivators (I am going to need motivation)
Story Checkers (To see if the story is not trash)

Change Log:
Spoiler:

Credits:
Luka S.J
Poccil
CNG
Carmaniac
Venom -12
Help-14
Kitsune Kota
Maruno
F.L
Martinixon
-and more (They will be included, but I also have lost some of their names, and of their work being shown please tell me name and source and I will appoint proper credits).

Last edited:

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Screens look promising.
But the story could use work it doesn't really say alot :/

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Lol! Technically only poster.

But you could give a little more widening on the story!
Like what the main threat will be of part of the hero/Herione's back story!
Or some sort of ancient legend!
What ever goes with what your brainstorming.

zingzags

PokemonGDX creator
Years
Lol! Technically only poster.

But you could give a little more widening on the story!
Like what the main threat will be of part of the hero/Herione's back story!
Or some sort of ancient legend!
What ever goes with what your brainstorming.

Its actually some what both of what you posted.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Yes but you have'nt made it clear
you just said 'The hero and childhood friend have stories of thier own.'
Well ? what are these stories?
People need to know. To see what this game has in store for them.

zingzags

PokemonGDX creator
Years
Click Me: (Links to DA to give some info)

Well their stories are linked together, it may sound confusing at first, but once things becomes clear you will understand everything.

Last edited:

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
The map looks good.
But still even if a story is confusing it would be good to hear these stories. ;)

Years
In the first FULL map your mapping is quite good but i really suggest these changes..
1. Trees, most are in a good position but some are in weird positions.. for e.g the one in front of the Stair case limits your pathway i would pull that a little more to the right.
2. The tiles in front of the doors look bit weird i would remove.
3. The sign at the end of the map towards the exit shouldn't be there, limits the players pathway and is covered by a Tree, maybe move it more to the middle of the map.
4. Alot of tiles are covering important effects, like the trees are covering the lamps.. etc..
5. Some paths are to tight.
Goodluck!

zingzags

PokemonGDX creator
Years
Okay, I will fix it as soon as I get a chance. Right now my main focus is fixing the problem where the pokeball's do not want to catch the pokemon.

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
Years

Well their stories are linked together, it may sound confusing at first, but once things becomes clear you will understand everything.
You should probably have the bottom six or eight tiles on the map connected below this one, because right now the player is going to be in the town before going into the route/town connector.

zingzags

PokemonGDX creator
Years
You should probably have the bottom six or eight tiles on the map connected below this one, because right now the player is going to be in the town before going into the route/town connector.

For some reason if you are near the connection map like when you are about to cross over it lags. Maybe because information is trying to process over really quick, Well that Route house is just to go into a forest.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015

Must say this map is good.
But whats with the tiny bit of metal outide each house execpt one?

zingzags

PokemonGDX creator
Years
Well right now, I am going to re-code all my edits / modifications from scratch, good thing I back up everything before I start doing it. Well, its so that I can pin-point the exact location of a few of my bugs.

zingzags

PokemonGDX creator
Years
Well sorry for not updating in about a week, right now I am uploading my game on a SVN, to make it easier and make bug fixing less of a pain in the ass.

Winneon

[b][color=#fb0120]しょう[/color][color=#fc6d24]が[/col
Years
AWESOME!!! I love your game! Where can I download it???

Years
  • Seen Nov 3, 2016
Oh god, another fail at trying to get 15 posts fast, look at the first post, do you see a download? No? Then it's not got a download..

Even if it was an attempt to raise his post count, there's no need to retaliate like that. You could have just politely said that there isn't a download.

Nice spam, like how you broke the rule of posting. Actually post something useful with words.

True he shouldn't have posted that, but still, responding to the post in that way just makes the situation more likely to turn into an argument. Just ignore it.

Anyway, I like the map. It's got a good layout and design. The only problems that I think there are is that some of the pathways are too narrow, and the trees in the small garden near the bottom take up too much room and block the lampposts. If you got rid of the one on the right and moved the one on the left over a bit, it would look better.

Winneon

[b][color=#fb0120]しょう[/color][color=#fc6d24]が[/col
Years
Sorry about that. I didn't know that rule.

Back