• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
An Atlantis-themed ruins sounds interesting, but since the region is based on Europe and the fact that there's little information on where the real Atlantis was located in, let alone if it actually existed, they'll just use a generic ancient ruins theme.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
An underwater city?? Awesome! N?? DOUBLE-AWESOME!! :D

I like the concept of an underwater Atlantis-themed city. It's a fresh new feeling from all the cities above land. The player could wear a special underwater suit and move about by swimming, not by walking. It is underwater, after all! The city could be in ruins, or it could actually be inhabited by people who took to the waters for reasons unknown. The Pokemon here would obviously be water or part-water Pokemon, but perhaps only in this city can the player find Pokemon native to this location, and only can be caught using Dive Balls. Oh, maybe a legendary Pokemon could be hiding in the depths of the ruins itself! That would be oh-so-awesomee.

About N being in this region, it's great as there's a strong link to the previous generations that would surely draw many people who loved B/W2 to this latest generation. The feeling of a well-known character would certainly enhance the experience of this region by heaps, methinks.

Oh, and the picture of Froakie's final evolution? I think it is fake. I don't have much to say on this, but I kinda like it and dislike it at the same time. Hmm..

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
It is a good idea, however if this region is based on Paris I imagine it'll be quite landlocked with the only water being down the center of the region. Of course they could always change the map up a little, you know artistic license and all...yet I still doubt it...maybe they'll do it next gen or perhaps they'll add a place similar to it in the Hoenn remakes (the region with the most water is Hoenn).
If the region were based on Spain (or Britain seeing how they took this piece) or Moroco than maybe, as Atlantis is said to have been some miles beyond the Pillars of Hercules (as called by the Greeks) aka the entrance/exit to the Mediterranean.

Anyways it's the 30th here, two weeks until Corocoro now...I'm not getting my hopes up though. However I do remember B2W2 had some info for it come out on the 10th of April (I remember this as it was also my 2nd anniversary here, also BW did too as I joined during that leak 3 years ago...). So maybe there'll be something around than too.

Years
There's a lot of different ways they could do a map on France and include a lot of water:

2zox7ix.png

That would be the largest area of the real world used to make a region yet, but it's easy enough to see where there's space for water routes. Or it could look something like this:

2h80r2p.png

With the English Channel kind of in the upper center you're still about 3/4 France and the region would have to have something to connect "France" to "England" like, I dunno, the PokeTunnel or something.

I was thinking it would be pretty interesting if there was an ice type pokemon we could catch early in the game. Or at least a pokemon that evolves into an ice type. I don't usually have ice types on my team because by the time I come across them my team is already sorted.

Having an early ice gym would be interesting too.

I don't think that type has ever made an appearance early in the game. Aside from the obvious Dragon type. (imagine if the first gym was dragon type)
An Ice-type early in the game would probably depend on what gyms are near the beginning. The games usually offer you the chance to get a Pokemon of the same type of the next gym you face or one that has a type advantage to the gym's type. So if they had an early Ice-type gym you might see an Ice-type available early. Or if there were a Ground-, Grass-, Flying- or Dragon-type gym early on, but all those have other types that would work, like Fire or Water or Electric. Since Ice-types are fairly rare it's probably more likely they'll give you something that evolves into an Ice-type if they do anything.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Smash is airing and thy showed something during a commercial said to be aired next weekend.

smash0313.jpg

Seems like a repeat of Sylveon's video, but i dunno.

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
That background definitely looks like the one from the battle scenes we've seen, whatever that's worth. And according to Serebii, they actually said they're revealing a new Pokemon, for what that's worth.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
That background definitely looks like the one from the battle scenes we've seen, whatever that's worth. And according to Serebii, they actually said they're revealing a new Pokemon, for what that's worth.

Well their translator was mistaken last time since according to them we were supposed to get Sylveon info last Smash/CoroCoro and we didn't. So grain of salt when Serebii posts a possible new update for now.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Pokémon ‏@Pokemon 22s
We've got big Pokémon X and Pokémon Y
news coming up next Saturday! Stay
tuned! pic.twitter.com/BEYgnXZGVx

Twitter too. They showed three silhouettes at the end of the stream so more international news next weekend.

I want to point out this is the third time that the info is posted on Pokemon.com before Japanese source magazines. While we can still get Daiske Club info, Pokemon.com and international information is apparently the main source of info. So no Japanese exclusive info for X and Y so far.

Years
Lol, yesterday I wad thinking how Smash has yet to reveal Sylveon themselves...and how the next time they show something not to get our hopes up as it may be said Sylveon...I hope that imagine spot doesn't come true...but I'm not getting my hopes up on this considering Smash's record.

Edit: Didn't see this page. Maybe it's the starters evolutions?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
It would be strange to see them this early, however, we did get the starters with the game reveal so it's a possiblility.

It cant be Sylveon lol. The Pokemon Company made a tweet saying they are revealing the info as well, and they already gave us Sylveon a day before CoroCoro.

Guy

just a guy
Years
Twitter too. They showed three silhouettes at the end of the stream so more international news next weekend.
Three, you say? I actually missed it while I was dealing with a headache I had for most of the day, but I can't help but wonder if they'll reveal the next stages to the starters then? It makes sense albeit a bit early to do so.

It could just be three random, common Pokémon found in the region though.

I want to point out this is the third time that the info is posted on Pokemon.com before Japanese source magazines. While we can still get Daiske Club info, Pokemon.com and international information is apparently the main source of info. So no Japanese exclusive info for X and Y so far.
I guess we can consider this the benefits of having a worldwide release. I certainly don't mind it.

Years
That's what I was thinking as soon as I read "three". It could be the second stages of the starters. Which imo would be good as the second stages are usually ignored...usually we only care about the first and the last. Plus if Fennekin is really Fire/Fighting we should be able to tell by the second stage as Fire/Fighting starter lines are already fire/fighting by their second stage.

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Well their translator was mistaken last time since according to them we were supposed to get Sylveon info last Smash/CoroCoro and we didn't. So grain of salt when Serebii posts a possible new update for now.
Actually, that was apparently a completely correct translation, it's just that Corocoro is a bunch of lying trolls. :P

Either way, since we now have multiple sources on this upcoming new info, I think we can safely say it's true.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
There were three silhouettes but that doesn't mean all three are Pokemon. >.>

First Silhouette was with the battle mock up that I said looked like it was from Sylveon's video. Later at the end of Smash a red boxed ? came up over a card. Matsuda was also shown holding a Blue boxed ? covered card. The Red boxed and Battle mock up are probably the same Pokemon. One being the 3D art the other being Sugimori Art. The thing Matsuda is holding is probably another wifi event...I really won't put it past them. Happened twice already, I have a sneaking suspicion there is a third.

So I'm seeing only 1 new Pokemon. Keep in mind every time we have had "Big" news...its been something fairly stupid.

Actually, that was apparently a completely correct translation, it's just that Corocoro is a bunch of lying trolls. :P

Either way, since we now have multiple sources on this upcoming new info, I think we can safely say it's true.

If it were correct, we would have had 1) more than one source reporting said info. 2) the promised release of information. Serebii was incorrect on giving out their information, not that this is a highly uncommon issue when it comes to distributing news. I've had people tell me that Coro Coro (Magazine and site) made no such promise of Sylveon info last issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back