• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The Magical Bag that you can fit everything inside

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Of course, in all of the main pokemon games, the protagonist gets a handy dandy bag to hold all your possessions in.

GenIBag.png
GenIIBag.png
160px-GenIIIBag.png
160px-FLBag.png

160px-DPBag.png
160px-HGSSbag.png
160px-BWBag.png

Noooow we're in Gen 6. We see the bags that the main protagonists are holding in the trailer, but we didn't get to see the insides! So, how would you like the bag to be organized in Gen 6? Should it have previous organization elements from the previous generations, or something new entirely?

tente2

"Outta my way, dammit!"
Years
I thought the system from Generation V was useful. So, I would be content with something like that.

If they do end up replacing the bicycle with rollerskates, I will be even happier. I know that the bicycle is collapsible, but even collapsible bikes wouldn't fit inside a bag like that.
Which is a pretty shallow argument considering, as alluded to in the title of this thread, the Bag is a massive black hole that can hold the entire universe within its interior, but it still bugs me.

blue

gucci
Years
Please be like HGSS again, it was so neat and everything was organized accordingly. In Black & White it was difficult to navigate through and locate specific items.

Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2021
I also want the bag layout to be like HG/SS again. It was very easy to navigate through and very aesthetically appealing. I also like the B2/W2 bag layout but, for some reason, I always get confused with which section is for what. I like to have little icons so looking for something in the bag is swift and easy. But, like B2/W2, I want an option to choose the way I want everything to be organized since I like stuff to be in alphabetical order.

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
Years
Going with the title, I think that a limited bag inventory would be a great idea. For example, you could only hold so many items in your bag. That would make the Item Storage actually mean something in the game, and it would be a nice way to increase difficulty.

Years
I was surprised with the whole 'not-needing-to-use-the-PC-to-store-items' thing introduced in DP, and it's a nice change. For some reason it seemed more managable back in DP days, though- in HeartGold, it kinda got annoying to have to cycle through so many pages of stuff. I liked that the Touch Screen was incorporated but 6 items per screen was a little too few for me.

As for BW/B2W2's bag, while it helped with organisation, it became abundantly clear that I had far too much stuff. :P

I wouldn't really mind if the PC storage system was brought back, though I feel as though that would feel like a step backwards for Pokemon, so I don't think that'll happen. If maybe the organisation system was merged with HGSS' setup, that'd be pretty cool.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

Maybe you have to get a bigger bag as you obtain more items to make it more realistic? Although, Pokemon was never meant to be realistic. I'd like it to be like HGSS's bag, that was very neat and organised. And yeah, I wouldn't mind If the PC storage returned. It made the bag a lot less messy and you could store items you didn't really need.

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
I'm mostly fine with the system in B2W2, but I would like to see a few more sections, so that hold items, misc. stuff and pokeballs all go in their own pockets, rather than being combined in one. Other than that though, I liked it. I especially liked the feature, carried over and expanded from BW, to allow you to either automatically sort things by a default or sort items manually, and I liked that they used a simple scroll-down list.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I really want it to be like B/W's. Actually, anything really, as long as it isn't like generation one's, which was... extremely annoying to go back to when playing Yellow a little the other day. XD;

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
Uhh, well I do agree HGSS's bag was neat and organised but i find it so clunky and bulky. By that I mean you can only view six items at a time. I found that kind of annoying. I personally perfer gen 5's design for being appealing, organised and convienent.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
I remember back in the early days of Generation III and earlier, normal items had limited amount of space you could store items in. While Generation I had very limited amount of space and it didn't organize the items in your Bag. But Generation IV and V removed the limitation from the normal items so that you could store as many items as you'd like, and I'm hoping it will remain the same in Pokémon X and Y.

I'm thinking that the Bag in Pokémon X and Y would have an improved sort of organization for items. Such as if you're in the Poké Balls pouch, it will split the differences between the normal sort of Poké Balls, the Special Balls and of course... the Apricorn Balls.

So it would be nice to see the items in the game split up into several categories.

Years
My favourite system was the one from Diamond and Pearl, so I'd like that to make a return.
But, I also loved the Free Space part of your bag in Black 2 and White 2, which was really useful!
I'd also like the ability to store items in a PC to return, while it's now kind of pointless, I liked putting items I didn't use in there.

Back