• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2013 Favorite Albums

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
What are your favorite albums released in 2013?

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I think it's a bit too early for me to answer that cause's there's still have a good amount of albums from this year that I want to listen to. If you ask a month from now I might have a more definite list but now I really can't be sure. Possible candidates though: Vessel by Twenty One Pilots, Fall Out Boy's Save Rock and Roll, Paramore's Paramore, Daft Punk's Random Access Memories, and Bastille's Bad Blood.

Years
i think we already had this thread oO but

Pusha T- My Name is My Name
Arcade Fire - Reflektor
A$AP Rocky - Long.Live.A$AP
Phoenix - Bankrupt
Blu & Nottz - Gods in the Spirit EP
Chance the Rapper - Acid Rap
Chvrches - The Bones of What You Believe In
DARKSIDE - Psychic
The Weeknd - Kiss Land
Emancipator - Dusk to Dawn
Flume: Deluxe Edition - Flume
Jai Paul - Jai Paul
RJD2 - More Is Than Isn't

a lot more but i may as well keep it short

Last edited:

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Random Access Memories - Daft Punk
This Was Tomorrow - Seth Sentry
Circus in the Sky - Bliss'n'Eso
Prism - Katy Perry
The Marshall Mathers LP 2 - Eminem

Years
Random Access Memories by farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Listening to it makes fall and the coming winter still summery :)

Domo Genesis

This is Beautiful, This is Art
Years
Run the Jewels - Run the Jewels
Touche Amore - Is Survived By
Doomriderds - Grand Blood
Tim Hecker - Virgins
Oneohtrix Point Never - R Plus Seven
Kanye West - Yeezus

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
Years
The Marshall Mathers LP 2 - Eminem
Yeezus - Kanye West
I Love You - The Neighbourhood

Rest

Showstealer Pro: Trial Version
Years
Been compiling my top 10 as of late as the year nears its end. This is what my top 5 looks like atm:-

#1 : Touché Amoré - Is Survived By
#2 : Kanye West - Yeezus
#3 : tricot - THE
#4 : The Drones - I See Seaweed
#5 : V V Brown - Samson & Delilah (this album was a genuine surprise, one of the best and most overlooked pop albums from this year definitely)

I still got a lot of albums I'd like to listen to that I happened to miss, or ones that are in my backlog, or ones I'd like to revisit. Feeling pretty comfortable with the top 5, but #6-#10 is near-impossible to do. I reckon a lot of albums I liked will be left off the list. :(

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years
Comedown Machine - The Strokes
AM - Arctic Monkeys
Random Access Memories - Daft Punk (Instant Crush put this album into this list really lol)
The Marshall Mather LP 2 - Eminem
Old Boy Jon - Dumbfoundead/Parker

That's about it.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Mechanical Bull - Kings of Leon
ARTPOP - Lady Gaga
Yours Truly - Ariana Grande

I've still yet to listen to many albums from this year, but I've really enjoyed all three of those.

Years
Hmmmm

The 20/20 Experience - Justin Timberlake
Yeezus - Kanye West
The Gifted - Wale
Born Sinner - J Cole
Man of Steel OST - Hans Zimmer

You know I had to add some Hans Zimmer/MOS love in there somewhere. Probably Enjoyed Wale's the most, actually, after MOS.

Guy

just a guy
Years
Avril Lavigne ─ Avril Lavigne
In many cases most music artists use the self-titled name for their debut or sophomore album, but Avril Lavigne saved it for her fifth. Which turned out to be a pretty awesome album! I'll go as far as saying it's been the best pop album of the year (IMO).

ARTPOP - Lady Gaga
Disappointing sales, blah, blah, blah. This was a great third album for Gaga and I love it. It's energetic and to me it's a great mix between The Fame and Born This Way. Gypsy is probably the best song Lady Gaga has ever done and MANiCURE has a habit of giving me life when that chorus kicks in.

Pure Heroine
- Lorde
Royals got so much radio play and attention, but I feel the standout song in this album is Tennis Court. Then again, I could be biased, because that's my favorite song off the album out of many great ones.

Save Rock and Roll - Fall Out Boy
There are so many great songs off of this album, hnnnnng!

Wrapped in Red - Kelly Clarkson
It's the Christmas holidays, so it's only right I include what is an incredible Christmas album released this year. Kelly Clarkson can do no wrong.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
The 20/20 Experience, parts 1 and 2.
..I feel like I haven't really listened to a lot of new music this year.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
My favorites are:
  • Midnight Memories - One Direction
  • ARTPOP - Lady Gaga
  • Random Access Memories - Daft Punk
  • Yours Truly - Ariana Grande
I really like PRISM but it definitely doesn't crack my top three or four.

Years
I've gotten a lot of mileage out of The Marshall Mathers LP 2 and Yeezus, so those are my votes.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
  • Seen May 20, 2023
The Bones Of What You Believe - CHVRCHES
Jesus Christ this is a good album. CHVRCHES is just so ridiculously good and Lauren Mayberry has the perfect voice for her role.

The only other albums I listened to from this year were Random Access Memories by Daft Punk and We Need Medicine by The Fratellis. I like both albums(in hindsight RAM is their weakest album, but it's not bad by any means), but choosing 2 albums out of 3 as favorites just doesn't make sense.

EDIT: Oh man, Bankrupt! was released this year? Where has the time gone?

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Avril Lavigne ─ Avril Lavigne
In many cases most music artists use the self-titled name for their debut or sophomore album, but Avril Lavigne saved it for her fifth. Which turned out to be a pretty awesome album! I'll go as far as saying it's been the best pop album of the year (IMO).

This guy nailed it! Took the words right out of my mouth. It even has one of my all time favorite songs, Here's to Never Growing Up! It's personally my favorite album by far this year.

I'd have to give Ariana Grande's "Album of the Year" title, however, aka my other favorite album. Yours Truly definitely made her become an even bigger star & proved how bright her talent truly is than just being known as Cat Valentine from her Victorious/Sam & Cat role. I view 2013 as a huge breakout year for her, actually the #1 breakout artist of the year!

Years
Because the Internet a contender for this list as well, for sure. Gambino's stepped his game up.

RAM is a decent album but honestly lost replay value for me and the fact that you have exciting disco-like tracks alongside more 'deep' ones is kind of a turn off to the album. I wouldn't say its boring but the sound isn't cohesive enough. With Daft Punk though I'd prefer more like Get Lucky than with Within or the Game of Love. Daft Punk changes their sound up every album but I don't like their change this time around.

Back