• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Addressing the new Hacks Showcase changes

Ripper

The Dark Knight
Years
Is there any way we could have some title specifics? What I mean is that each Hack in the Showcase should be named...

Pokemon DNA <- In that style, give or take an acute on the 'e'
Hack of Pokemon FireRed <- The subtitle which isn't in bold.

It means that Hacks Showcase thread looks far neater and more professional. It's frustrating to see...
[B.] LANCE'S QUEST [/B.] popping up when it would be far better with higher standards invoked.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
  • Seen May 20, 2023
Unlike some people, i actually like the changes, and welcome them.
Even the hacks showcase was becoming a bit like the scrapbox, because there were more and more threads just barely making it in.
with the hacks showcase being upgraded, we can finally see the games with a lot of potential.
but, may I ask what the exceptions are in the hacks showcase?
does the
Have a playable game.
apply if a person refuses to send a beta for reasons, but has a lot of potential?
and if a person is working on a hack for a certain amount of time, can it also be accepted?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
Maybe just make Scrapbox and Progressing Hacks sub-forums for Hack Showcase?
Actually, that's not a bad idea. :)
Except, leave the scrapbox as is, because those are hacks that don't get enough attention and aren't always progressing.
As for the sub-forum under the hacks showcase for the progressing hacks, that;s a good idea. ;)

.Seth

.explorer.
Years
I think the new changes are pretty cool. Although, kind of sudden. :/
Meh.

@.Pichu-kun: Even though I'm not very familiar with vBulletin, I don't think you can add a sub-forum to a sub-forum. Not really sure, but, you know.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
It's a good change. The Hacks Showcase is now a proper "Showcase". Oh man, I just realised how similar to Competitive battling tiers they are.
Showcase hacks are like OU Pokemon, special and all.
Scrapbox hacks are like UU's, not so good.
Progressing ones are like BL's, stuck right in the middle.
xD

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Oh. Then we won't need the Quick Storyline thread anymore.

Wait, then we don't have really, really, bad quality hacks anymore?
Hopefully not, we won't be approving just any hack from now on. It'll have to be up to a certain standard before we approve the thread.

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
Alright, guys. I would like to say that the more I read and hear about the rules, the better they sound. I guess I was just mad to begin, because this is what I've known for ages as the Hacking section, and changing it was kinda a big deal. Sorry for any trouble I caused.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
The changes are very nice. :)
although at first I thought that the Progressing Hacks is the place where the awesome hacks are located when I saw my poor hack in the Showcase. :P

Guess I was a bit confused when I first saw the changes yesterday~

Anyways, so the scrapbox will now have strict rules from then on, huh?
that is really what it needs so we can prevent PC from getting 'full' of unnecessary threads. :P

anyways, good luck with the changes and new rules and all. ;)

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
well i have to say that i dont like the changes for one reason. its making people leave PC and i dont want that. especially when there good hackers :)

link

Ripper

The Dark Knight
Years
I don't get how someone can leave because of this... It doesn't seem logical at all, the only differences between the old system and the news system is that PC is now organised and we can see what hacks are playable and what hacks aren't. Only idiots who can't comprehend the new system will leave, which is good, as PC is only being made worse by the new ammount of idiotic noobs joining who don't know squat.

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
Really, Haruki. I have to agree with Zeikku. I'm not leaving PC, but we are all entitled to our opinions, and you seem to not care. Like Zeikku stated, "If it aint broken don't fix it". As members of this forum, we can see enough. I'm not saying the old way was flawless, it needed SOMETHING done to alter the course it was taking, but not like this. This is a step in the wrong direction, if you ask me. You opinion on Zeikku's hack not progressing, you don't know the half of it. If you would read his posts he made a great deal of progress, just to be wiped out by bugs, and re-formatting. Don't just assume things without looking deeper. I have lost my respect for this board, and most of the staff. There are a select few that still deserve my respect(Thrace, Blazichu).

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
Years
I don't get how someone can leave because of this... It doesn't seem logical at all, the only differences between the old system and the news system is that PC is now organised and we can see what hacks are playable and what hacks aren't. Only idiots who can't comprehend the new system will leave, which is good, as PC is only being made worse by the new ammount of idiotic noobs joining who don't know squat.
...that wasn't very nice...
But yea, I guess I can see how the progressing hacks section will help...
Oh, and you know, it was easy to tell which hacks are playable and which hacks are not from before, all you had to do was see if the thread had an attachment before you clicked it (it's a paperclip).
But let's see how this ends up working out...

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
Years
Well, I have a suggestion now, it may not be needed but...
Maybe you should have another mod for the ROM hacking section.
Because now there are gonna be more hacks that are gonna need approval and there is a whole other section now...It'll help stay organized more, and it'll make work easier on you guys.
I know that a new mod was just added (Thrace) but that doesn't mean that another one so soon shouldn't be a skipped idea...

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years
Immature haruki?, I think I made valid points.
Why should PC have to change? Ok so there are more requirements, but it's nothing moderators can't cover. Regarding Clear Diamond I had mapped up and scripted up to eterna forest before my rom got errors, it's not like I've quit it. I've gotten the furthest in D/P premaking. That's something no one else has done.
On important issues, we now have 3 sections, do you think that honestly makes things easier.
I'm not having a go at you guys, I don't dislike you guys, I think you ALL do a great job.
But The PC I used to remember used to be easy going and layed back.
Where everyone used to be more active. I think it's good you guys made the scrapbox and the progressing hacks thing actually.
But I don't think 3 people should judge on what they want in showcase/ progressing hacks..let the people decide on what should move to where.
Thats the whole point of pokeCOMMUNITY!
people of a community throwing ideas together.
Staff just help maintain order and peace.
I respect you a lot haruki, even though my posts don't show it.

Back