• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Hoenn/Kanto Journey Journal - Want to share your travelling stories?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Trainer Information

Spr_E_May.png

ID: 12300
OT: Lisa
Started: Jan. 13
Game Time: 7:09
Badges: 3
Pokedex: 10
Party Members

253.png

Sammi the Grovyle
Jolly | Female | Level 27

277.png

Mac the Swellow
Naughty | Male | Level 27

304.png

Griffy the Aron
Hardy | Female | Level 27

267.png

Janna the Beautifly
Bold | Female | Level 10

309.png

Gonzo the Electrike
Modest | Male | Level 13
Journal Entry

Last time I posted, I was in Slateport. So, let's pick up from there. I walked under the cycling road to reach Mauville. Mac evolved right before the battle against my rival. I trained my main three party members, Sammi, Mac, and Griffy against the trainers in the area. My team wasn't quite tough enough to beat Wattson. I left Griffy at the Day-Care to try to get her to level up more. She wasn't the right Pokemon to use against Watson; I forgot that Aron isn't part Ground type.

The match against Wattson took... many retries. I lost count, and my power was out since my dad was working on the breaker box. So, I didn't type out what I was doing. Manectric and Magneton were difficult to overcome with Griffy's Mud-Slap and Sammi's Absorb. Gahh. I did use 3 Super Potions and 5 Cheri Berries. That's all I carried in my bag, phew.

I immediately went to Fallabor Town next. I thought about catching a new party member, but I've used Skarmory and Swablu before. I don't really need Lotad since I have Grovyle. Every Pokemon I'm carrying right now I have used in a previous file. The lack of variety here stinks. I'm on my way to Mt. Chimney to take down evil grunts, I suppose.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I'm playing through Fire Red, since I still haven't finished the revamped version of Kanto mark I. I have absolutely no idea how it'll look mark II, that is HG/SS. Exciting.

Right now I've reached Lavender Town for the first time and will go west to Celadon if I remember correctly?

Team is roughly:
Venusaur lv 32
Primeape lv 30
Mr Mime (Mimien, traded) lv 30
Pidgeotto lv 30
Growlithe lv 19
Meowth (just for Pickup lol) lv 13

I plan on getting a water type I guess, and I'm not sure I'll keep Pidgeotto but it's handy to have Fly on it, of course. We'll see. It's fun to play in Kanto again, I've been playing around in Hoenn and old school Johto more for a while now.

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
Years
Found my emerald cartridge the other day which still had my save on it where I was heading towards Mauville City, I had the internal battery error so once I replaced it I decided to carry on where I left off as I had a decent team forming.

Currently I'm in Mauville City training for the battle with Wattson, I'm going to try again now that my Electrike has evolved into Manectric.

Team:

Combusken Lv26
Pelipper Lv25
Manectric Lv26
Sableye Lv26

Update:

Since my last post I've beaten Wattson (I struggled a lot as I didn't have a ground type pokemon to use against him) and Flannery (which was fairly easy), I've been to the desert to catch a Baltoy and have trained to match my team with a combination of in grass training and the daycare (I used this chance to level up a Zigzagoon to make better use of it's pickup ability), now that Baltoy is almost caught I'm going to explore the desert and head off back to Petalburg City to defeat Norman for the fifth badge.

Team:

Combusken Lv30
Pelipper Lv30
Manectric Lv30
Sableye Lv30
Baltoy Lv29

Last edited:

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
CHAPTER I - "The Journey Begins."

FIRERED

• Chose Squirtle as my starter.
• Battled and beat Blue.
• Brought Oak's Parcel back and received a PokéDex from him.
• Caught a Pidgey on Route 1.
• Shopped in Viridian City. (3 Potions, 5 Antidotes and 5 Paralyze Heals)
• Entered Viridian Forest and collected hidden items and battled several Trainers.
• Caught filler Pokémon for the PC Box (Caterpie, Metapod, Weedle, Kakuna and Pikachu)
• When Pidgey learned Gust I went to challenge Blue again on the pathway to the Indigo Plateau.
• Squirtle KO'd his Pidgey and my Pidgey KO'd his Bulbasaur.
• Healed and went back to the forest.
• Battled the rest of the trainers and got to Pewter City.
• Checked the Museum and healed at the PokéCentre.
• Took on Brock at the Gym. Squirtle KO'd Geodude with Bubble, then learned Water Gun and OHKO'd Onix. Got the Boulderbadge
• After making some money from Brock's defeat I shopped some more. (4 PokéBalls and 2 Potions)
• Headed to Route 4 (I think)
• Battled all the trainers and beat them easily.
• Beat the young lady with the Jigglypuff.
• Entered Mt. Moon after healing in the PokéCentre outside of the entrance of the cave.
• Caught a Zubat and Saved/Quit.

0c89d1ec37f74126bf35f96d61d076c52fd9e4b69ac106810.png

Pokémon Trainer 188

It was there right in front of me, the two giant beasts Kyogre and Groudon they were fighting to the death...

I didn't know what to do it was sunny then it was raining it kept going back and forth all the buildings were locked they kept telling me the same thing over and over...

"It's up to you go and find Rayquaza at the Sky Pillar"

I was scared but I knew what I had to do I surfed on the back of my Swampert I could tell by his eyes he was frightened too...

Once we made it to the tower Wallace was there he said he had just open the Sky Tower for me...

I climbed and climbed all the way to the top until I found it Rayquaza...

I went closer and closer until it woke up it let a loud scream and flew off...

When I had flown back to Sootopolis I watched as Rayquaza came down and ended the fight between Kyogre and Groudon and the he flew back up to the sky...

After that everything was back to normal it was like nothing ever happened...

rayquaza-flight-o.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
Today I beat the elite four and the champion again to try and lvl some low lvl pokemon up. I have also aquirued Groudon and lvled my Minun to lvl 71. Having trouble beating steven. Also looking for another masterball else kyogres going to be a big annoyance to capture.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
Well, other than needing to clone my team members before migrating them, I'm done with Emerald! Only around 15 months after I started it xD.
Today I went and caught a Luvdisc, Relicanth, Remoraid and the Legendary Golems. Now means the only pokémon I know of that I'm missing (Catchable, I'm not going to evolve all of them - migrate then evolve, I'm going to get a completed pokédex in Diamond) are: Feebas, Corsola, Miltank, Octillery, Stantler. I also have 5 of 7 symbols. In other words...bossed it! Actually, could be 6. The only one I know I haven't got is the Battle Factory.
Obviously I'm going to have to trade for Feebas, but I'll catch the rest next time I play HeartGold (god knows when that'll be).

Probably going to start a LeafGreen save today, still stuck on deciding my starter though. All I really know is its still not going to be Squirtle.

Okay, first up - if this is unreadable, please tell me. I just kinda wanted a game-appropriate background​

So, starting out my new LeafGreen save file....
Named my rival "Green". He's actually called Jack but I told the professor he's called Green as he's a bit of a d-bag xD. First thing I did was take a Potion out of my computer (man I wish that tech was real).
After Prof. Oak stopped me from leaving town, I had the toughest choice, one as old as pokémon itself, to make... ... ...and I chose Charmander! A female one with a Timid nature to be precise. I didn't even make it out of the lab before Green challenged me to a battle. The choice of music by one of the aides in the lab made the battle seem quite dramatic - this loud, electronic music on a loop.Squirtle's Tail Whip was no match for Charmander's Scratch though, so I won my first battle! Charmander gained a level too, which was nice.
Next up I spent about 5 minutes formatting this post.
So after then I headed up Route 1 - battled my first wild pokémon, defeating a Pidgey and Rattata got Charmander up to level 7 where she learned Ember. Fortunate as a combination of nature and stats means Scratch is already pretty naff.
In Viridian City, retrieved Oak's Parcel and headed back to Pallet Town. Oak gave me a Pokédex and Poké Balls, then I left again. Back up Route 1, caught a Pidgey and Rattata (latter took a bit of searching, about the 5th pokémon I encountered after 4 Pidgey).
Back to Viridian City, and I decided to shop a bit at the Poké Mart - stocked up with 10 Poké Balls, 7 Potions and an Antidote. Then headed out onto Route 22.
On Route 22 I captured a Mankey, then encountered a wild Green! First up, a Pidgey! But it's lv.9. And Charmander's level 7. Not good. Ember + sacrificing Mankey allowed Charmander to overcome it and hit level 8, then he sent out Squirtle. At this point I was ready to be waking up in a Pokémon Center (for some reason if you get a pokémon off Prof. Oak whenever all your pokémon faint you're automatically teleported to a Pokémon Center, apparently), as surely it knew a Water-type move? But no, Charmander managed to nerf Tackle with Growl, then take care of it with Scratch and at 1hp a risky Blaze-boosted Ember. Despite Green's warnings I continued on to the pokémon league, capturing a Spearow in the process. Sure enough, the guard turned me back.
Upon returning to Viridian City I did a little exploring, obtained a Teachy TV off an old man who caught a Wurmple despite being without a pokémon, then went to the Pokémon Center as Charmander had ended up low on hp again. I deposited all but Spearow and Charmander (figured a bird might be handy in the woods), then set off for Route 2.

So, in Viridian Forest I caught a Metapod, Caterpie (who I've decided to train to take on Brock, as I've never used a starter bug if my memory serves correctly), Kakuna and Weedle. Then, after a bit of training with Caterpie I finally encountered a Pikachu! SOB KO'd Caterpie and took five Poké Balls, but eventually I got her (If I use Pikachu I'll have 3 female team members, often I don't have 1). I went back to Viridian City, healed and returned to the forest once more (Without doing any PC boxing).
Spearow hasn't been used at all, but Caterpie's already tried to evolve once as I train her against wild pokémon and trainers with the assistance of Charmander.

Caterpie finally evolved when she hit level 9! Definitely glad I put it off, her attack actually went down, if I had a Metapod any sooner it would've run out of pp on Tackle much faster. Luckily Charmander can KO everything with Ember, so she's going to hit lv. 10 before I leave the forest. Also, just looked and all 6 members of my party are female. And Pikachu in the boxes (not sure about Rattata and Pidgey). How did this happen? Its almost impossible, I normally only catch around 10 females per runthrough of any game, I'm already on at least 7!

Eventually Metapod evolved into Butterfree. She did show off her Shed Skin once to heal poison after a Weedle hit her with Poison Sting, but seeing as that was her only redeeming attribute this is definitely an improvement.
After I got to Pewter City the first thing I did was visit the Pokémon Center and withdraw Pikachu. She has a Gentle nature, which will do I guess. Also looked and the first three pokémon I caught were dudes.
After exploring the city, I hit the gym xD. Butterfree destroyed the one trainer, but battling Brock was a different matter. Geodude went down to 3 Confusions but Onix KO'd all three of my pokémon with Rock Tomb. So I tried again. Again, Butterfree destroyed Geodude. Onix promptly removed her wings with Rock Tomb. I then sent out Pikachu who managed to avoid Rock Tomb and get in 3 Growls before being KO'd. Charmander took one Rock Tomb then Brock randomly decided to base his strategy around Bind. A combination of Metal Claw and Ember defeated Onix...so I got the Boulderbadge! Apparently it increases attack power, which will be useful when I don't evolve Charmander for quite a few levels.
Anyway, I saved after stocking up on supplies in the PokéMart.

So I left Pewter City. On Route 3 there were many trainers and wild pokémon, including a Jigglypuff which wasted all but two of my Poké Balls. By the time I'd healed at the pokémon center and purchased a Magikarp, I'd added a Nidoranmale to my team, and had only 1 Potion left. Nevertheless, I set off into Mount Moon.
Inside, first battle was a Zubat, which I captured. I then made the decision to save my last Poké Ball for a Clefairy, and to defeat every wild pokémon in order to gain more levels (LeafGreen is the only game in which I ever grind). I eventually got a Clefairy, right before the final battle with the Super Nerd - Butterfree's Sleep Powder meant that I could get it with one ball. However, I went into the last battle with only a Charmander, Zubat (weakend and paralyzed) and a Butterfree with no offensive moves (Confusion and Thief ran out of pp). Charmander managed to take out his first two pokémon before being defeated by Koffing. I sent out Zubat in some vain hope of somehow defeating Voltorb with Leech Life, to no avail. Finally, I sent out Buttefree. First move, Sleep Powder - hit! So now at least I wasn't dying, but I knew Koffing would defeat me before I could get my pp low enough to Struggle. I looked in the bag, and there it was, an Ether! Healed up Confusion's pp, and dispatched Koffing in three hits. This had genuinely been the closest I've come to whiting out in any battle except against Brock possibly for any time in the last 5 years. I kid you not.
Anyway, I chose the Dome Fossil and legged it out of Mt. Moon.

Team
Spr_1b_004.png

lv. 18
Timid
Female
Scratch / Growl / Ember / Metal Claw

Spr_1b_012.png

lv. 17
Docile
Female
Sleep Powder / Thief / Confusion / Poisonpowder

Spr_1b_025.png

lv. 13
Gentle
Female
Thundershock / Growl / Quick Attack / Thunder Wave

Spr_1b_032.png

lv. 14
Mild
Leer / Peck / Focus Energy / Double Kick

Spr_1b_035.png

lv. 10
Naughty
Female
Pound / Growl / Encore / Sing

Other travellers:
Ani041MS.png

Pokédex
Seen: 29
Owned: 17

Badges
50px-Boulder_Badge.png

Last edited:

flufflepuff

Fluffle Puff
Years
  • Seen Sep 8, 2013
No no no!

So, I was playing Pokémon Firered on VBA when suddenly, a wild SHINY Gastly appeared in the Pokémon Tower! I was really excited, because that was my FIRST shiny encounter! I knew Charizard would've beat it in one hit, so I tried using my Eevee. The only two effective moves it had were Bite and Quick Attack, and Quick Attack wouldn't do anything, so I tried bite. Bad idea, because dark is strong against ghost. The gastly fainted in that one hit. That was probably my only shiny encounter, and I blew it by using bite. I should've just try throwing my great ball.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024

Okay, lots of progress since last update (just waiting for someone else to post really, fed up of editing the one post over and over).
After Mount Moon, I managed to get to Cerulean City only battling one wild pokémon on the way. Healed up, decided to keep Clefairy in my team, headed north. Green appeared and challenged me! I thought I'd be horrendously underlevelled, but Charmeleon and Butterfree were about on par with his team - Nidoran and Pikachu were fainted, Clefairy put Squirtle to sleep but did little else.
When I finally headed out to Nugget Bridge, I conquered it mainly with Pikachu - the Rocket Grunt was dispatched with Nidoran's Double Kick. I then headed into this grass. Using my new policy of going through every grass tile and either battling or capturing every pokémon, I was soon levelling up Pikachu and Nidoran. I lead with Butterfree, which meant when Abra appeared I put it to sleep with ~100% accurate Sleep Powder, then caught it in 1 Poké Ball! She had a Naive nature, so I decided to keep her. Bellsprout was also captured here. I then proceeded to fight my way to the cape, evolving Charmander into Charmeleon whilst I was at it, save Bill from his own experiments, get an SS ticket for my troubles, then head back to the gym.
Pikachu had been KO'd pretty early on after Nugget Bridge, so was a bit underlevelled. However, I got him up to scratch against the trainers in the gym. Sent him out first against Misty's Staryu...and was left with 1 hp but victory. Starmie then KO'd all my team except Clefairy and Pikachu. Clefairy put it to sleep (Sadly couldn't use Attract because of the starfish being genderless), healed Pikachu who I sent out and got a couple of Thundershocks in before Starmie woke up, luckily when it did I paralyzed it, managed to win eventually, although when Misty healed I thought I was screwed.
After the battle against the Rocket Grunt who gave me Dig, Abra evolved - and went from weakling to powerhouse in seconds. When I reached the Daycare I left Clefairy, figuring I was going to struggle to raise 6 pokémon this early on. Boy was I wrong. After exploring Vermilion City (excluding the SS Anne) I went out to Route 11 to train. After fighting my way along the top of the route to the end, encountering Snorlax out on Route 12, returning, and finding the Aide wouldn't give me the Itemfinder as I only had 25 pokédex entries, I decided to leg it back to the daycare, avoiding the rest of the battles. I retrieved Clefairy, who'd gone up two levels, taught her Water Pulse and went back to take care of those wild Sandshrew, Gamers and Engineers. Nidoran evolved into Nidorino during this time.
I decided I was finally going to see the infamous "truck", so for the SS Anne I saved outside with only Charmeleon and Pikachu to face Green with. I then ran through the ship, battled Green (nearly lost to his Kadabra, seriously why did they give it an evolution?), retrieved Cut, entered another trainer battle, used Growl about 15 times whilst Growlithe whittled away Charmeleon's health and voila! SS Anne has not left the port. Got the rest of my team back, Cut my way to the Vermilion Gym and called it a day.

Team
Spr_1b_005.png

lv. 24
Timid
Female
Cut / Growl / Ember / Metal Claw

Spr_1b_012.png

lv. 21
Docile
Female
Poisonpowder / Confusion / Thief / Sleep Powder

Spr_1b_025.png

lv. 19
Gentle
Female
Thundershock / Double Team / Quick Attack / Thunder Wave

Spr_1b_033.png

lv. 22
Mild
Secret Power / Peck / Focus Energy / Double Kick

Spr_1b_035.png

lv. 19
Naughty
Female
Attract / Doubleslap / Sing / Water Pulse

Spr_1b_064.png

lv. 20
Naive
Female
Teleport / Confusion / Disable

Pokédex
Seen: 50
Owned: 26

Badges
50px-Boulder_Badge.png
50px-Cascade_Badge.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 26, 2014
Restarted Fire Red last night. I am currently by the Pokemon centre, about to enter Rock Tunnel or whatever that stupid dark annoyance of a tunnel is called.

With me, I have:
Charmander lv 33 Adamant Brick Break, Flamethrower, Ember, Metal Claw
Nidorino lv 34 Relaxed Horn Attack, Peck, Poison Sting, Double Kick
my lv 5 cutter NidoranF
and my lv 3 flasher Jigglypuff

Thinking about evolving Charmander...But Charmeleon is fugly, but I want Charizard's Wing Attack lv 36, so I have to evolve it now. *sobs*

OK, before the tunnel, vs Picknicker Heidi.
2 embers and Pikachu is gone
1 double kick and Clefairy is gone
Entering the tunnel...
And I'll leave it there for now.

welll, why dont you evolve charmander at 35, then evolve it to charizard straight ahead with a rare candy?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024

Well I'm going to have to make this one brief (by my standards). Large amounts of progress...
Defeated Lt. Surge. Pretty sure Clefairy landed the final hit on Raichu after Charmeleon did most of the grunt work. Then travelled through Diglett's Cave to get Cut, worked my way back through Mount Moon and dumped Magikarp in Daycare.
Got through Rock Tunnel with difficulty. Like Mount Moon earlier, my "Faint or Capture" philosophy caused issues. A Revive was the only reason I managed the route outside to Lavender Town. At the aforementioned town, I retired Butterfree to the PC at lv. 23, figuring whilst it was strong it was outclassed in its use of Confusion by Kadabra, and Pikachu could paralyze things even more reliably than Butterfree could use Sleep Powder.
Absolutely walked over Green in Pokémon Tower, my Kadabra destroyed his with Shock Wave. Kadabra also loved all the Gastly - lots of exp!
Retrieved the Eevee from the know-it-all in Celadon City, Tea from the old lady and then strutted my way through Rocket HQ aka Game Corner. Clefairy took on Giovanni solo, that's gotta sting. After that I was fairly overlevelled, Pokémon Tower was fairly easy. I then decided not to go back and battle Erika. She's either going to be 6th or 7th gym leader, not decided yet. Captured Snorlax on Route 12, did another loop around Mount Moon and Daycare, teaching Snorlax Mega Punch then swapping Magikarp out for Buttefree, evolving him into Gyarados. Interestingly Snorlax is the first male pokémon i've captured then decided to use.
Worked my way down Route 12, 13, 14, 15 to Fuchsia City. Evolved Pikachu into Raichu on Route 12 after figuring any new moves to add to his current moveset would be tms, and I've never used Raichu (only really used Pikachu when doing a run as Red from PokéSpe, and hence didn't evolve it).
So that's where I currently am, Fuchsia City. Hoping that after I'm done in the Safari Zone I'll be able to get whatever it was that Aide was offering for 50 pokémon. And I'll have decided what I'm going to do to accomodate Poliwrath / Lapras into my team. Probably Poliwrath. I may have to retire Raichu.

Team
Spr_1b_005.png

lv. 33
Timid
Female
@Everstone
Cut / Growl / Ember / Metal Claw

Spr_1b_026.png

lv. 34
Gentle
Female
Thunderbolt / Double Team / Quick Attack / Thunder Wave

Spr_1b_033.png

lv. 34
Mild

Spr_1b_035.png

lv. 30
Naughty
Female
Attract / Seismic Toss / Sing / Water Pulse

Spr_1b_064.png

lv. 37
Naive
Female
Recover / Shock Wave / Flash / Psychic

Spr_1b_143.png

lv. 32
Serious
Male
@Leftovers
Mega Punch / Yawn / Rest / Snore

Pokédex
Seen: 88
Owned: 41

Badges
50px-Boulder_Badge.png
50px-Cascade_Badge.png
50px-Thunder_Badge.png

btw @ means "holding", in case it isn't obvious.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
Years
Trainer Information

Spr_E_May.png

ID: 12300
OT: Lisa
Started: Jan. 13
Game Time: 7:09
Badges: 3
Pokedex: 10
Party Members

253.png

Sammi the Grovyle
Jolly | Female | Level 27

277.png

Mac the Swellow
Naughty | Male | Level 27

304.png

Griffy the Aron
Hardy | Female | Level 27

267.png

Janna the Beautifly
Bold | Female | Level 10

309.png

Gonzo the Electrike
Modest | Male | Level 13
Journal Entry

Last time I posted, I was in Slateport. So, let's pick up from there. I walked under the cycling road to reach Mauville. Mac evolved right before the battle against my rival. I trained my main three party members, Sammi, Mac, and Griffy against the trainers in the area. My team wasn't quite tough enough to beat Wattson. I left Griffy at the Day-Care to try to get her to level up more. She wasn't the right Pokemon to use against Watson; I forgot that Aron isn't part Ground type.

The match against Wattson took... many retries. I lost count, and my power was out since my dad was working on the breaker box. So, I didn't type out what I was doing. Manectric and Magneton were difficult to overcome with Griffy's Mud-Slap and Sammi's Absorb. Gahh. I did use 3 Super Potions and 5 Cheri Berries. That's all I carried in my bag, phew.

I immediately went to Fallabor Town next. I thought about catching a new party member, but I've used Skarmory and Swablu before. I don't really need Lotad since I have Grovyle. Every Pokemon I'm carrying right now I have used in a previous file. The lack of variety here stinks. I'm on my way to Mt. Chimney to take down evil grunts, I suppose.

DAT FORMATTING.

Haha; yeah, I temporarily restarted Emerald (without saving the new file), and had a Grovyle when I faced Wattson and his Magneton...after many tries as well. If Rock Smash ever had a battling purpose in all of these years, it was destined for Grovyle during that engagement. XD

I'm playing through Fire Red, since I still haven't finished the revamped version of Kanto mark I. I have absolutely no idea how it'll look mark II, that is HG/SS. Exciting.

Right now I've reached Lavender Town for the first time and will go west to Celadon if I remember correctly?

Team is roughly:
Venusaur lv 32
Primeape lv 30
Mr Mime (Mimien, traded) lv 30
Pidgeotto lv 30
Growlithe lv 19
Meowth (just for Pickup lol) lv 13

I plan on getting a water type I guess, and I'm not sure I'll keep Pidgeotto but it's handy to have Fly on it, of course. We'll see. It's fun to play in Kanto again, I've been playing around in Hoenn and old school Johto more for a while now.

Mimien FTW! (I didn't use it for battling, but I liked it due to Mr. Mime's rarity in Generation 3) Never had a Meowth for Pickup, but that does seem useful early on; LOL. I hope that Pidgeotto sticks around; it can be useful, indeed.

------------------------------------------

As for my Hoenn adventures (this seems to be my first post detailing them in a thread such as this one, surprisingly ^^"), in June/July 2013, I finally learned how to properly manipulate the pseudo-random number generator (PRNG), or "PRNG abuse" in Emerald! ^^ Synchronize does wonders against wild non-stationary Pokemon.... On the other hand, RNG abusing with Eggs is a chore, though, especially since you have to be very precise and have no leeway in the amount of frames that you have to hit...

And today marks the 3rd day in a row where I've won the Lilycove Lottery! ^^ Two digits (equating to the third prize, a free PP Up) have matched for the past 3 days.. For the first 2 days, it was thanks to the Original Trainer ID of a traded Blastoise, today (where the Loto Ticket was 02185) it was thanks to Mimien (Mr. Mime traded over from FR/LG, IIRC). Still have not won a Master Ball (first prize; really rare) from the Lilycove Lottery after all this time, though... (which, aside from the PP Ups, is the only reason I'm still actively checking the lottery on most days) T_T Hold on a little longer, Emerald cartridge battery! :<

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
I have decided to play Pokemon Yellow after so long

Well let us begin...

-Picked my starter
Spr_1y_025.png

-First Rival Battle against
Spr_1y_133.png

-Pikachu beat Eevee after a spam of Thundershock
-Ran into the tall grass to celebrate my victory and trained on small
Spr_1y_016.png
and a few
Spr_1y_019.png

-Saved in Viridian

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024

So...absolutely bossed Koga's Gym, because for some strange reason all the trainers use Psychic-types Kadabra wasn't used until the actual gym battle - he didn't even take any damage when I faced Koga though. I decided to evolve Clefairy once it hit lv.33 and learnt Cosmic Power there too. Poliwag, which I caught in that pond behind the Fishing Guru's house, with the Good Rod he gave me, gained a fair few levels there too. As I predicted in my last posting, Raichu was the one who lost out to the new team-mate.
I then went into the Safari Zone. After a few goes I had walked through every grass tile, and encountered every pokémon except Kangaskhan (didn't capture Chansey, Parasect or Dragonair though), aas well as getting all the items and finding the secret house. I then went and gave Warden Slowpoke (Boaba?) his Gold Teeth back, only to find that I couldn't actually use Strength - this then made my decision for me to battle Erika next.
I headed up the Cycling Road, capturing some more pokémon just outside Fuchsia and then again at the northern end of the route. Clefable, Nidoking (evolved just outside Fuchsia City) and Poliwag gained a lot of experience too.
In Celadon City I was forced to use my Leppa Berry, but this did allow Charmeleon to single-handedly take on an entire gym - Flamethrower was a godsend when she learnt it. I then headed to Vermilion City to see this famous truck in the harbour, and retrieve the Strength-activated Lava Cookie. Only to find out that I couldn't, as the ship leaves. And I lost out on a load of exp by not battling all the trainers inside the SS Anne. Gutted.

Team
Spr_1b_005.png

lv. 38
Timid
Female
@Everstone
Cut / Growl / Flamethrower / Metal Claw

Spr_1b_034.png

lv. 36
Mild

Spr_1b_036.png

lv. 35
Naughty
Female
Strength / Softboiled / Cosmic Power / Water Pulse

Spr_1b_064.png

lv. 39
Naive
Female

Spr_1b_143.png

lv. 32
Serious
Male
@Leftovers

Spr_1b_060.png

lv. 29
Docile
Female
@Exp. Share
Doubleslap / Hypnosis / Surf / Rain Dance

Pokédex
Seen: 106
Owned: 57

Badges
50px-Boulder_Badge.png
50px-Cascade_Badge.png
50px-Thunder_Badge.png
50px-Soul_Badge.png
50px-Rainbow_Badge.png

Badges in order of obtaining, rather than trainer card order.

Years
So I was playing Pokemon Leaf Green, I was a noob, and I was going to capture Mewtwo with my masterball (I know...)
So I'm surfing to the cave, and what wild pokemon apears?
That's right! ENTEI!
Even though i was noob in a way that i would use the masterball on mewtwo, i did knew they would run (the roaming trio)
so i throw my master ball
i catch hem (obviously)
and i go around all happy and stuff, training him and all those things
If i remember well, its attacks were ember, fire spin, stomp and some other random attack
I was so excited I think I didnt even caught mewtwo
anyways, i was playing on an emulator, on a very crappy pc, and my pc runs out of battery, without even a warning
i wish i had saved my game :(
i think after that i rage quited or something...

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024

So this will be my last update of this playthrough for months, at least. Possibly ever. I go to Uni tomorrow and I'm only taking my DSi which means...no more GBA!
Anyway, I finally let the SS Anne leave once I was convinced there was no way of getting to the truck. Then did a bit of travelling around, training up my pokémon a bit on the way back to Fuchsia City. Charmeleon finally evolved into Charizard! Definitely the coolest starter there is, no question about it - she's a dragon, after all. I retrieved the Rare Candy from behind the rock on Warden's house, then taught Charizard Fly (replacing Cut, which I gave to Nidoking, who is now practically weak due to his moveset), flew out to Rock Tunnel. Surfed down to the Power Plant to capture Zapdos.
It took a few tries - Poison Point kept getting it when I sent out Nidoking to tank some hits, but eventually I caught it in my Great Ball. Timid nature, too, but awful IVs.
I then flew to Vermilion City and rode up to Saffron City. There, I took on the Fighting Dojo with Poliwag (and Kadabra because I wanted to invoke memories of Sabrina stealing their gym membership). As a reward, I took a Hitmonlee. Nicknamed him "Bruce" which was a bad move because now I really want to use him. May move him forward to HeartGold or something at some point.
Went back to the Pokémon Center, and that's where I'll be staying for a few months now, it seems.

Team
Spr_1b_006.png

lv. 40
Timid
Female
Fly / Growl / Flamethrower / Metal Claw

Spr_1b_034.png

lv. 38
Mild
Cut / Peck / Focus Energy / Double Kick

Spr_1b_036.png

lv. 35
Naughty
Female
Strength / Softboiled / Cosmic Power / Water Pulse

Spr_1b_064.png

lv. 40
Naive
Female

Spr_1b_143.png

lv. 33
Serious
Male
@Leftovers

Spr_1b_060.png

lv. 34
Docile
Female
@Exp. Share
Body Slam / Hypnosis / Surf / Rain Dance

Pokédex
Seen: 112
Owned: 63

Badges
50px-Boulder_Badge.png
50px-Cascade_Badge.png
50px-Thunder_Badge.png
50px-Soul_Badge.png
50px-Rainbow_Badge.png

Badges in order of obtaining, rather than trainer card order.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
WOW Edited the wrong post awell

So after thinking it over and avoiding everoyne because they say the same thing ove rand over everytime I talk to them I decide to go back into the forest and am well attacked by little children who think it is okay to just jump from behind a tree and attack me with their boomerangs and caterpillars, GOD HELP ME.

After about 5 minutes of screaming for help as little children chased me down I reach the end of the forest thank god and I am than standing in front of a "City" it has like 2 more houses than the last one, I try to leave the place but this guy keeps chasing me down and telling me to goto one of those Gyms, how about no!

After a while of running around the city and planning my escape that never seems to work I decide to goto the Gym and challenge Brock, I think I need to kill his animals.

As I walk in there is some guy who thinks this is the 70's and a little boy in a scout uniform he thinks its okay that he can throw a rock at me and try to kill my lizard I made him regret that, I think he had like an armidillo not sure it was like rolling around having a seizure or something.

I goto the squinty guy at the back of the room and says its time to battle and some other stuff like that, he has a rock with arms aswell and I kill it easily, then he throws out his snake made of rocks and it tries to choke my lizard but he died aswell.

I am given a badge and apparently need to goto cerulean city to fight another "trainer" apparently thats what everyone who tries to kill me is called, he gives me 1400 dollars, a TM whatever that is and tells me something about FLASH but I ran away after that also I got this "badge" to signify me defeating the guy.

I will set off for cerulean in the evening.

Team
Spr_2c_004.gif

[S-HIGHLIGHT]Sol
lv. 14
Charmander
Scratch / Growl / Ember

Pokemon Seen/Owned[/S-HIGHLIGHT]

Spr_2c_004.gif

Spr_2c_007.gif

Spr_2c_019.gif

Spr_2c_016.gif

Spr_2c_021.gif