• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
As I said before, you have Jean, which sounds the same as gene.

It would make the OT look weird, with all new Pokémon having one of the two.

Jean is a French name (equal to John), and its pronunciation in French is nothing like the word "gene".

Anyway, despite the rumours of Xavier, I think X is the girls' game (because of the XX chromosome), so the male protag's name will probably start with Y.

Guy

just a guy
Years
I don't expect the names to tie into either game titles. This hasn't been done since the days of RBG and GSC. Also, looking back at the other protagonists' names from games before, they hardly even had any relation to the overall theme, if at all.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I feel like they'll likely break that and name it after X and Y given well, they are letters and nothing else, so it'd make sense for the characters to go with the letters.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Yes and Hilda and Hilbert also aren't everyday names either ;( Buyeah because of those, anything is really possible tbh.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Xavier and Yvette for the protag names, I won't accept anything else. I want GF to go stir crazy with the old habits of the game like some kind of rebound from all the fresh and shocking that gen 5 brought us.

Napsy

Tiny Deer
Years
Or what if they just had names with X and Y inside, but they made a big sound on the name.
Like.... Alexandra, Alexis, Roxy, Trixie, and my personal favorite: Maxine.
As for the male, there's PLENTY of names with Y in them so.. it could really be anything.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Or what if they just had names with X and Y inside, but they made a big sound on the name.
Like.... Alexandra, Alexis, Roxy, Trixie, and my personal favorite: Maxine.
As for the male, there's PLENTY of names with Y in them so.. it could really be anything.

Roxy will be unlikely because of B2/W2's gym leader :( Maxine probably not because of R/S, iirc? Alexis is awesome though, and something along those likes I would approve of!

Napsy

Tiny Deer
Years
Shoot. I totally knew that.
But yeah, I really do like Yvette and Xavier too though. If everything follows up correctly with gen 6 being based on Europe; then the names would also work really well.... because, well, they sound European!

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Yeah, I'm thinking the names of the player would be somewhat along the lines of X or Y, especially all having either an X or Y in their name, knowing that the Legendary Pokémon Xerneas and Yveltal had those letters at the beginning of their name.

Enteilord666

Professor
Years
I saw the trailer. I'm going for X because of the awesome looking legendary. Fennekin looks great the other two are just lame. I know who I'm choosing. X and Y could make better starters like Hoenn where I could choose anybody and still enjoy the game. Can it be palyed on Nintendo ds?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I saw the trailer. I'm going for X because of the awesome looking legendary. Fennekin looks great the other two are just lame. I know who I'm choosing. X and Y could make better starters like Hoenn where I could choose anybody and still enjoy the game. Can it be palyed on Nintendo ds?

Nope sadly no Nintendo DS, only the 3DS this time around. :( But I guess by then the price of the 3DS might've gone down??

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
If the girl is X she can be Xantha, and if the Boy is Y than maybe Yael (or Yale depending on how they want to spell it).
Or maybe the boy can be Yves which happens to be of french origin and comes from the name of a saint (the name Xavier also originates from a saint's name btw) and it sounds like Yvetal too.

Years
Trying to come up with names that start with X and Y... they all just seem too forced. The protagonists' names don't need to be related to X and Y, really. There never ended up being a player character named Blake (or Blair or whatever) in BW or BW2 after all.

Years
  • Age 23
  • No.
  • Seen May 1, 2014
Well maybe you can walk diagonally,
since it has the circle pad,which looks like an analog.
But I'm not really used to it,I'm used to: Up, down, left, and right.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
I dunno, trailer looked kind of grid based, but something tells me it looks awkward cause the transition from 2D to 3D is something like the Shin Megami Tensei transition. Nocturne and IV look a bit on rails 4 way movement, but there is full 360 movement. I hope this is the case, but the 4x4 grass patches on route 3 have me doubtful.

Guy

just a guy
Years
While the possibility is there, I don't see GameFreak straying from the grid base movement; not yet anyway. If you look around the 0:58 mark of the trailer, there doesn't seem to be any suggestions of free wide motion based on how they controlled the player and the female following him.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
It'd be sort of a disappointment if they just stick to the original left, right, up, and down movement, to be honest. Plus, it'd feel very awkward if one were to use the circular direction pad.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
By then the 3DS would be like 100 bucks, I'd imagine, so there'd be little excuse to miss out, really. :x

The systems only drop to 100 when they are about to be discontinued. Expect the 3DS to remain at 170 for another year or so. Then maybe it'll drop to 150, but it'll be a long time before the 3DS' drop to the discontinued price. 5 or 6 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back