• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

What Pokemon do you despise facing?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
Anyone who experienced the last CommDay would know that Liepard is utterly annoying in Randbats (and probably elsewhere). Foul Play combined with Swagger, Thunder Wave, Substitute, and the ability Prankster is a recipe for frustration. The +1 priority Substitutes makes matters worse, so that whenever the Pokemon facing it avoids parafusion hax, they will only break a Sub. After enough uses of Swagger, Liepard can take a decent chunk of HP out anything with Foul Play. Liepard is difficult to beat in Randbats because there's no way to prepare against it. Rarely will you be given a Pokemon that can check it, so you will often have to rely on luck to beat it.

Sirfetch’d

Yeah I agree in randbats if the other person has liepard it is pretty much gg. I hate other annoying Pokemon that wall things a lot like Ferrothorn, but yeah Liepard is the worst.

Years
I mostly agree with Wolf there, I had the experience of facing Liepard in Randbats on Community Day and oh god it was so difficult to beat because I always found myself paralyzed or hitting a substitute or even getting confused. Prankster, along with that moveset it was given (Thunder Wave, Foul Play, Substitute and Swagger) made it totally overpowered as I was often given teams that couldn't counter it easily.

Ferrothorn is annoying if you can't exploit its weakness, but Prankster Liepard really takes the cake if you're a regular in Randbats like me.

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2016
Ferrothorn on a Rain Team

(My Fire Type can't get past those darn Water Types)

Anti

return of the king
Years
(gen four)

Any Jirachi that abuses Serene Grace is annoying. I'm sure Wolf remembers his Jirachi last poke sweeping my Swampert and Rotom-W...COME ON

Breloom is annoying because it never dies.

Any Rotom-A with Will-o-wisp is incredibly difficult to remove. Good luck getting your Tyranitar out unscathed.

Stormborn

Indecisive
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 26, 2013
Jirachi was a menace back in the day. With the power creep, Scarf has become nothing but setup fodder nowadays.

From a UU perspective, I really despise Honchkrow. It's so infuriating if it gets a Moxie boost because most Pokemon faster then it get wrecked by +1 Sucker Punch and most slower then it die from it's harder hitting moves. Gah.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 18, 2015
Mind you, I haven't been a Pokefan long, and my DS isn't compatible with my internet security settings, so I only have access to main-story annoyances in B&W.

But ANYTHING THAT USES DETECT, PROTECT, OR SOMETHING SIMILAR! I don't see any reason for them unless you are relying on Toxic to kill the enemy.

nimbostratus

Bird is the Word
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 1, 2013
FERROTHORN. I farking HATE Ferrothorn. It's ugly as sin and just as hard to kill.

Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2013
Latios/Latias are the cheapest sh*t ever. As a matter of fact I'm rage delaying against a random wifi guy who used one right now.

I'm just sitting and not clicking anything at all, cause you know, screw this guy & his latios

Maybe he'll just forfeit or something if I do nothing and soak up the max timer on every decision lol

Edit : OOOH my Empoleon PWNED his whole team! YAY! ALL HAIL EMPOLEON!

Pinta77

I used to always find Rayquaza a challenge to beat when battling people. I'm not a big fan of abomasnow either since I got it past level 90 and found out it isn't very good.

But when it comes to pokemon I despise, Klank takes the cake.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
Sableye....
Its moveset can shut down most fast and physical attackers, with a mix of Twave and Will-o-Wisp...also priority Recover.

Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2013
FERROTHORN. I farking HATE Ferrothorn. It's ugly as sin and just as hard to kill.
You & some other guy both said that well

What I do is

Gengar w/ max speed/special attack EVs. Modest nature. Fire gem. Hidden power fire.

= Ferrorthorn NEVER SAW IT COMING :D

I do the same thing with Jolteon except I make his hidden power ice w/ an ice gem

Basically really fast special sweepers w/ hidden powers to surprise pwn steel walls or dragons heheheheh I love it

Years
  • Seen May 13, 2013
After the last international challenge, I hate dealing with abomasnow. They were the bane of my existence during the tournament -.-

Murt93

Battle Amateur
Years
Latios/Latias are the cheapest sh*t ever. As a matter of fact I'm rage delaying against a random wifi guy who used one right now.

I'm just sitting and not clicking anything at all, cause you know, screw this guy & his latios

Maybe he'll just forfeit or something if I do nothing and soak up the max timer on every decision lol

Edit : OOOH my Empoleon PWNED his whole team! YAY! ALL HAIL EMPOLEON!

How "Sporting of you"

The pokemon that annoyed me the most *team preview-looks at opponents team, sees Genesect FACEPALM* but thankfully he got banned ^ _ ^ now the worst ones are venasaur and Landorus-I.

Molk

Recipe for disaster
Years
Alomomola can be a huge pain to handle in the lower tiers (RU and NU). Its just such an incredibly bulky Pokemon, almost impossible to OHKO from the physical side and can even take some special hits if need be, meanwhile it eithers starts stalling out your physical attackers with a combination of Toxic and Protect or starts passing massive Wishes to her teammates, Wishes so big in fact, that she often ends up fully healing Pokemon with lower HP stats >.>. Regenerator makes her even harder to take down, as she can simply switch out whenever you send in a Pokemon that threatens her and passively recover just enough health to start the cycle again, possibly using Toxic as you switch your Pokemon in before retreating, meaning any Pokemon that could possibly take her will get worn down before they can land the final hit if you dont play carefully :/.

Back