• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Which past generation Pokemon do you want to return?

Moist

other in a month When you,
Years
I want Roselia Family, Shinx Family and Machop Family.

I don't care about anything else

Years
pretty much all my favourite pokémon from each generation, Frillish, Riolu, Shroomish, but I would especially enjoy Growlithe and Mareep.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
This might be a more random one, but I have some weird love for Stantler. It's not the greatest Pokémon out there, but for in-game play it is still a rather decent Normal type to fool around with. It has carried a lot of my HGSS playthroughs so I'd love to see it make a return. Heck, if they gave it an evolution it'd be even better.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I hope they'll include Heracross, Numel, Electabuzz and Magnemite, among many others

Yes to all three of these actually. Electivire and Magnezone are two of my favorite Electric types, plus Heracross is just a beast. I'd love to see those three make a return!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Any Gen III Pokemon that haven't appeared in any other regional Pokedex besides Hoenn's.

Maybe they've not appeared for a good reason! There's a whole lot of Hoenn that I think is just better fit there because there's nothing too special about it. :(

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
A few pokemon I would like to see are the following:

Torkoal
Growlith
Nidorans
Rufflet
Snorunt
Spheal
Scyther
Larvitar
Buizel
Sandile

Burgundy

Classy C-Class Sommelier
Years
I want to see more Arcticuno, Vulpix, Houndoom, Arbok, Gengar, and Latias. You can't go wrong with classics!

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Since Articuno and Latias are legendaries, they might be included as special post-game events, like in the newer games. I would love for Houndoom/Houndour to be included, he is a beast! Vulpix and the Ghostly family are pretty nice, so i hope for their comeback as well.

Some other interesting questions:
How large do you think the National Dex is going to be?
How many of these will be new Pokemon, how many old ones??

jrevm30

Trigesimo->"The Thirtieth"
Years
  • Seen Jun 14, 2013
i'd like to see new evolutions just like what they did in Gen. 4 (magmortar, electivire, rhyperior). For example, houndoom, mightyena, and persian evolving would be awesome.
And also, i hope they would exploit that dna splicer stuff to more pokemon, having a Charizard-Hydreigon-Haxorus hybrid would just be Spectacular.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
And also, i hope they would exploit that dna splicer stuff to more pokemon, having a Charizard-Hydreigon-Haxorus hybrid would just be Spectacular.

I really don't think (hope) this will be much of a thing, since the Kyurem + Zekrom/Reshiram Fusion seemed more of a storyline element than an actual new gameplay mechanism of the series. Making it possible to combine any 2 or more pokemon would make things way too complicated in my opinion.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Oh please, no more fusion Pokémon. It was such a stretched gimmick for the sequel (at least in my opinion) that I really don't want to see back. Then again, there's a lot from Gen V that I don't want to see back so meh =P

However, I'd love a Persian evolution. I mean, I love Persian as it is right now, but it evolving seems fun to me =P

SilverCrown

Fired Up!
Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 6, 2022
There are quite a few Pokemon I would love to return and have evolutions.

Stantler - Was probably one of my most used Pokemon back in the day. Always loved having it in my party.

Delibird - Again, always loved having this Pokemon around. Think an evolution would be great for it. :)

Pachirisu - Loved this little one.

The bug type Pokemon from Kanto were always my favourite. Would love to see them making a return with some new things.

jrevm30

Trigesimo->"The Thirtieth"
Years
  • Seen Jun 14, 2013
I really don't think (hope) this will be much of a thing, since the Kyurem + Zekrom/Reshiram Fusion seemed more of a storyline element than an actual new gameplay mechanism of the series. Making it possible to combine any 2 or more pokemon would make things way too complicated in my opinion.

I guess you're right about that.
Then i hope they give new forms to some old pokemon or at least split evolutions.
Example: let meowth hold a moonstone end level it up at night to get a Persian Full Moon Mode!!

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I'm honestly not a big fan of forms, in the beginning they were pretty cool, now it feels like they are going over-board with them, but that's just my view on it.

Split evolutions though i love, and the one you mentioned for Persian sounds truly awesome!! I hope they include something like that (:

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
Since Articuno and Latias are legendaries, they might be included as special post-game events, like in the newer games. I would love for Houndoom/Houndour to be included, he is a beast! Vulpix and the Ghostly family are pretty nice, so i hope for their comeback as well.

Some other interesting questions:
How large do you think the National Dex is going to be?
How many of these will be new Pokemon, how many old ones??

I hope the last pokemon is the #800 it would add 151 pokemons.

Back