• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

World Without Video Games?

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
What would happen if video games ceased to exist? How different would the world be today? Do you think that it would allow people to do more productive things on their spare time? Would it affect you in any way, or would it not?

If video games didn't exist, then I think people would've found other things to do with their free time, such as playing tabletop games. Personally, it wouldn't affect me all that much, because I would have spent my own free time by watching TV shows, movies, taking a nap, and staying on the computer more. I would take longer walks outside, too, maybe, but I like to stay indoors more when the weather is extremely hot or cold.

The only thing bad that I see is that we're able to gain a variety of skills by playing video games, so if they didn't exist, then we probably wouldn't be able to learn these skills.

Last edited:

Nakala Pri

It would be... well, better, I have to admit.

I would probably be more productive and everyone out there would have one less reason to be so... well, lazy. If games didn't exist, we'd all be better off.

But they do, so... now we have to deal with it. xD

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
A world without video games would be a world not worth living in.

TY

I think i would be the most boring person ever, focusing too much on school.

Years
If games ceased to exist, Pokecommunity would probably cease to exist as well. Whether you want that happening or not the jury's out, I guess.

Most importantly, though, I'd find something else to waste my time on.

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
If video games ceased to exist, it would affect much more than the realm of entertainment. The video game industry throughout the past half century has had increasing effect on the electronics industry in general. It has had effects on creative art, media quality, sound effects and video capabilities. It has inspired ventures into HD graphics and motion control more than any other industry has.

So yeah, aside from the world being a hellishly boring place, we would not be where we are today technology-wise.

EDIT: Also PC would not exist. :(

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
1) http://nooooooooooooooo.com/

2)
A world without video games would be a world not worth living in.
This guy deserves a medal.

3) No, just no... in a world without video games, I would be bored as hell and the only fun would be learning... I can't imagine world without games.
Unless anime would stay the same and still would be produced.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
I'd play tabletop games, probably Mahjong, Battletech, and D&D; and roleplay on message boards or via E-mail. Since those things might not easily take so much of my time as video games, I might spend more on other interests, but I don't think that'd make me a better person or whatever.

So yeah, aside from the world being a hellishly boring place, we would not be where we are today technology-wise.
Because video games are the cause of our technology and not a result of it, you say..? I can only imagine that to be true in the case of advancements in computer technology specifically.

Back