• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

3rd Gen Advance Generation Question & Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I think it's both, but since you don't want to catch a ton of Gyarados, I'd go more for the Good Rod.

Prof.Oak

The Official Professor Oak !
Years
I was wondering if I put 2 pokemon in the day care, how do they level up? By how long your game stays open? Or how many steps your character make? Because, or els I will leave my game open all night and day D: 24/7 With a charger..

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
Years
  • Seen Apr 25, 2016
Also note that, like Rare Candies, you don't get EVs in daycare, so a Pokemon power-levelled to 100 in the daycare will not be as powerful as one trained to lvl. 100 in battle.

Actually, while we're at it, do you get EVs from EXP. Share?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Yeah, you can get them from the Exp. Share, but I'm not sure if it works alongside the Macho Brace.

Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2020
Also note that, like Rare Candies, you don't get EVs in daycare, so a Pokemon power-levelled to 100 in the daycare will not be as powerful as one trained to lvl. 100 in battle.

Actually, while we're at it, do you get EVs from EXP. Share?

Yes you do get EV's when using exp.share on a pogey that doesn't enter battle, however it cannot be used alongside a macho brace (as one pogey can only hold 1 item at a time), I think pokerus still works with exp.share though.

CYC

Years
  • Seen Oct 20, 2009
i'm a newcomer here, maybe you could give me some assistance. i already tried google, but i can't find a GBA HACK for POKEMON PLATINUM wherein i could catch ALL 493 POKEMON WITHOUT TRADES, ETC. i found a PLATINUM version but it's not stated there if all 493 are catchable.
thanks.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Unfortunately, this isn't the correct place to ask this. Try asking in the ROM Hacking Forum instead.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Oct 6, 2010
So basically I think I messed myself up. The answer to this question determines it.
I just went to gamestop yesterday and bought Pokemon Emerald. I paid $40 for the game just because I wanted to get Mew legit. I got this idea from serebii in their pokedex list "
Emerald Only One Faraway Island "
Now I read on here in the emerald FAQ "It is now located in World's Edge Island. It is only catchable through a nintendo event to get another ticket to travel to this island (ticket name is currently unknown.)"
Can I only get mew via cheat device? Please tell me I can just beat a bunch of stuff in the game and find him...

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
That's something you'll have to Google, I'm afraid. This thread isn't for asking about codes for AR/GS/etc.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Oct 6, 2010
That's something you'll have to Google, I'm afraid. This thread isn't for asking about codes for AR/GS/etc.
Im not asking for codes, im asking a general question about the game. I just want to know if I can get mew in game without a nintendo event.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Well, as far as I know, there is no way to get it without cheats. Bit of a bummer, I must say since the Faraway Island event looked pretty cool.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Oct 6, 2010
Well, as far as I know, there is no way to get it without cheats. Bit of a bummer, I must say since the Faraway Island event looked pretty cool.

Yeah Im highly disappointed, I just did a lot of research and from what Ive found out the only way to get a legit mew was from Pokemon emerald and it was in that Nintendo event. I also found out you could only get deoxy from emerald and it was a Nintendo event also. So im a bit upset and Im returning Pokemon emerald tomorrow cause mew was the only reason I got emerald.

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 21, 2021
Having trouble finding a wild horsea in leaf green. I know where they are, its actually finding them.
Do I use super, good, or old rod, or surf?

FireRed Supergiant

ZIPPO used SLASH! Critical Hit
Years
I played Gen 1/2 games way back when and want to get into the newer 3/4 games. I know G3 were first designed for GBA and G4 for the DS, but it looks like G3 can also be played on the DS, is this correc?

Basically, I want to be able to play the Gen 3/4 games and trade between multiple games, and do so with the least amount of hardware. I don't want to get a GBA and a DS if I could do just as much with a DS alone.

What accessories would I need to trade? Link cable? Or I read something about wireless trading. Also, something about a glitch in one of the G3 games about clock-based events stopping after a year and a patch for it which can be downloaded from another game. Which games are they, and how do I fix it?

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
Years
You can play the 3rd Gen games on the DS, but you can't trade or transfer or anything like that. So you'll need to buy 2 GBA's to trade between 2 games.

You would need a Link Cable. Some minigames for Fr, Lg, and E can only be played with 2 Wireless Adaptors, but that doesn't affect trading. The glitch is for R and S, and can be fixed with Fr, Lg, or E. You'll need a Link Cable and 2 GBAs, then you just connect them and choose Fix Berry Glitch (or something similar).

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
All gen III games (RSE FRLG) can be played on the DS. The trading between the DS games and GBA games can be done when you have access to Pal Park after seeing the entire Sinnoh Dex in DPPt and defeating the Pokemon League, but it's really not "trading". You transer six Pokemon from the GBA game to DPPt and capture them in the Pal Park.

As for patches and stuff, that sounds more like ROM stuff, so you can ask in that part of the forum. As for the RSE glitch, yes, that's true. It really only matters if you care about berries and evolving Eevee into Umbreon/Espeon because the clock basically stops and berries cannot grow because time is not passing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back