• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Protectors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
Thanks everyone for the comments so far.
At NeoBlade: I'm glad that the tutorial I PMed you helped you. I plan on posting it here. Oh, as for the help, thanks for the offer, but I am not looking for an extra coder at this time. Maybe sometime later.

At everyone:
Ok, so I never showcase a feature that is not finish, which is why it took me so long to show this update off.
I have finally coded a new feature into Pokemon Protectors. This feature is not something that will change Pokemon games, but it will add some life and longer gameplay to Pokemon Protectors.
This new feature is the addition for the player to have Secret Bases.
It was something I have planned to add in for awhile and never got around to coding it.
Then when I started coding it, it took ages because of how it had to be done (coding the grid menu, placing the objects, making sure they stay there and so on).
But it is done and dusted so here are some screenshots to show it off.
I'll talk you through some of them.

*Please note, that this is a test base. Bases on the actual maps will be more detailed in terms of mapping.*

So the first 2 screenshots show the grid menu, after selecting the item you wish to place, the Grid Menu pops up.
A red highlighted square is your cursor and you can move it around in any direction with your arrow keys.
designingsettingpiece1de6.png
designingsettingpiece2vz4.png

After selecting the tile on where you want to place the Item, simply press Enter.
designingsettingpiece3fo9.png

Now, in the top right corner where I had selected, is the plant I wanted to place there.

Customisation of your base can be very detailed.
Each player can have a base that is theirs and noone elses. (Unless someone copys you lol).
Here are some examples of the base changing as you get more items for it.

secretbasetest1dh7.png
secretbasetest2uw4.png

secretbasetest3dc3.png

Well there you have it.
Tell me what you think- I'd love to read your comments ;)

NeoBlade

Child of Origon
Years
Now that i work with rm2k3 i know that this system is A WHOLE LOT OF CODING. It must have took you ages to complete it, but i applause you with another great system. One thing tho, can you make a stat off your game that shows how far you are with everything??

PokeCreator_09

RM2K3 Professional
Years
Umm, wow. This is just AMAZING. Looks like everybody's got competition. I love the tiles and especially the CMS and CBS. I can't believe I haven't read this thread till now.

Well, I hope you finish this one. Not just for us, but for you cause you've put in all that work and you don't have a completed game to show for it.

Again, WOW!!

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2012
Definitely the most good-looking game for Rm2k3. Features are as lovely as always... really looking forward to make my own secret base.

How will things work for it? Will you have to do mini-quests to unlock the items to add?

Keep up the awesome work,

~Azura.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 14, 2009
I hope you finish this one!
Can you say how much % of scripting/mapping/... is done?
Good luck on this game!

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
At ~Azura: Yeah, Items will be awarded for doing different quests and favors along the way.
At NeoBlade: That would be kinda hard to give just a straight up stat or percentage. I can try though lol.
Eh:
Outside maps would be 65% done.
Inside maps: 4-8%
Events: ???% (up to where you get your first pokemon)
CMS Coding: I'm including everything accesed through the main menu too- like the Cross Pokemon Bar and bag and so forth. And since I am going to re-code the bag im going to say 50%
Battle System: 50%- attacks still have to be done- and Item usage.

Small update for you all.
I just coded in the Day/Night system.
As of writing this, that is all it is, time passes by and the screen tints lol. There is nothing coded in terms of what pokemon appear at what time or timed events, but I'll code all that in due time.
With the tint screen- there are not just 4 colors (for morning, day,dusk, and night)- but infact the screen changes tone has several stages of color tint.
So here are 2 screenshots at 5AM and 6AM
5amvn2.png
6amrg2.png

I tried to take the screenshots of the hero standing in the same spot. So at 5AM it starts to get brighter, at 6AM the sun is a bit stronger.
And each hour (7AM, 8AM, 9AM) has a different tint until it is fully day light.

So here are some more screenshots too.
This time of night breaking.
The times are 7PM, 9PM, 12AM.
7pmgk0.png
9pmew7.png

12amde7.png

Screenshots have no NPCs because I havn't coded them in yet lol.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 21, 2024
Hey great job. This game looks really original. If you need some Fakemon, I've got 'em. Check them out on my thread (link in my sig), tell me if you're interested.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 14, 2009
Pokecreator is wright about the lights but the other things are good.
If I know something I can help with I let you know ;).
I'll keep following this.

Years
The time system looks great! (Technically not a Day/Night system anymore, considering what you did to it) I like that there will be more than four cycles.

sth hijack

Im the best
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2007
i love it looks great keep it up cant wait for it 2 come out good job

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
Thanks for all the comments everyone.
Didn't really see any questions since my last update, but if you have any, feel free to ask me here. I'm always happy to answer them.
There was a suggestion to add in lights to houses in the day and night system. There is a problem as Rm2k3 tints everything on screen, including the charactersets and chipsets. So it would be kind of hard to do, unless I used pictures- which I might.

So.

Update:
Just a small, but nice, update for you all.
I have just revamped the menu to look more like Diamond and Pearl. After some quick changing the code, and importing the new resources I decided to add in the new look.
But I've also started working on the options screen. The options menu aint fully done yet, so I won't showcase that just yet, but one of the options is to change the menu frame.
It's a small cosmetic change, but makes a difference as it is something that is forgotten in most fan games.
Screenshots:
newmenu1cw3.png
newmenu2xj3.png

newmenu3mf3.png
newmenu4xb3.png

Notes:
Good thing about this feature is that I can keep release meu frame updates to make no limit to the look of the menu.
Also, I must point out, thats a test team and a test map :P

As always, comments welcomed.

Also, I'm working like crazy on my game, so expect some more screenshots later in the week. Im trying to finish off the attack coding.

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2012
Man, I really don't know why I didn't see the last update before, the one with screen tinting... but this is awesome too! I personally like the icons in the menu. Everything seems to be coming along nicely, so good luck!

~Azura.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back