• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Samantha Felicity Cooper
Sammy just laughed at her own reaction, shaking her head. "Nah, it's cool, I shoulda been more alert. You could've been an Ursaring or something and eaten me whole. I should count myself lucky it was just you."

So, here she was bumping into Mark again already. She'd hoped that by the next time she saw him her team would have undergone a lot more training than beating up a lonely Caterpie, but that was life. Eager as she was to challenge him again and regain some pride she knew it was too soon. All she would get was another sound beating from a more experienced trainer.

"Berries, huh? Can't say you've found the right person to help with that, not many berries out at sea. And, uh, yeah... Cubone and I were just training a little. Oh! Before I forget..."

Rummaging around in her bag Sammy pulled out a spray capsule, jogging over to the fallen Caterpie and settling down on her haunches, spraying the bug pokemon from top to bottom. Gradually it opened its eyes and rolled over, looking around in confusion. Once it realised Sammy and the Cubone were still there it immediately started to wriggle off into the undergrowth as fast as its little suction cup legs could carry it.

"Don't want the little guy becoming Spearow food just because of me, you know?" She shrugged as she stood back up.​

WooliestSteam

A Little Wooly Piece of Steam
Years
Conor Crawford || Outside The Academy

The Academy building was straight ahead, this was it the home stretch. Iny shouted across to Conor as they neared the finish. "Well, Looks like you caught up after all, Hope you still have enough energy left for the final stretch!". "Ha, I'm not gonna let you win that easy" Conor replied smiling.

"Alright, and here we go!" Conor muttered as he picked up his speed even futher and managed to get ahead of Iny. "Whoo!" he shouted as he continued to run as fast as he could, utilizing and burning all his energy in the final stretch.

As he reached the doors to the Academy, he slowed down to indicate the end of the race. As he started breathing heavily he placed his hands on his sides and watched Iny come in just behind him.

"Good race, I didn't know you were that fast" Conor managed to utter amidst the heavy breathing. "So, shall we head to this class then?" he added.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Mark laughed a bit. "Haha, if it were an Ursaring you'd have heard him way before you'd hear me!" He joked. It wasn't too long since they battled. The last fight might have been some sort of inspiration toward this training exercise. Mark would have to expect a rematch one of these days. Still, she seemed nice. It wouldn't hurt to have a chat or perhaps help out. Now that he remembered, Sammy actually did mention something about boxing back in class. Mark actually wanted to learn a little bit of Martial arts himself since it wasn't taken care of in class. He'd have to ask later.

"Guess that Caterpie had it coming? Hehe." He joked. "Say, if you want you can come along with me to the berry patch. The Teacher said I can take whatever I find there. It might help out your Pokemon too. I've been getting into Held Items quite a lot lately." Mark said with a grin.

Years
Kayla Makihatayama

Kayla sniffled and hugged Shawn. "I-It's okay..." she whispered. "I needed to cry anyway..." She kissed his cheek and smiled. "Thank you, Shawn..." Kayla frowned when her Xtransciever started to ring. She pulled away from Shawn and sighed. "This is his idea of later?" she muttered. She took her Xtransciever off and gave it to Shawn. "Can you answer for me?" she asked softly. "I-It's Satoshi, but I know that he hates me... I don't think that I can talk to him now..." She kissed his lips softly and wiped her tears away.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Samantha Felicity Cooper
"Ah, the Caterpie didn't do anything... Cubone here just needed a bit more practice, didn't you buddy?"
"U... ubo..."
"Quit it with the shy guy stuff, you were great. But yeah, we can tag along if you want. I don't really know anything about berries or held items, I'm actually pretty new to the whole Pokemon scene, so I'm learning as I go. Having a blast so far though," she grinned. She was enjoying herself, but the thought that Cubone's original trainer was still out there kept playing at the back of her mind.

It flashed into her head that making friends here could be useful if he ever came looking for her, but she quickly pushed that idea away. She'd never been the sort to use people and she wasn't about to start now. If she made friends with Mark, then cool. If not, then that was fine too. But either way if things came crashing down on her she'd handle it by herself.

"Let's go then, fearless leader," she joked, punching him on the arm, "I'll keep Cubone out in case anything jumps out at us."​

Megaman765

Years
Mark grinned at Sammy and pulled out the map that Sage gave him. Looked like the Berry patch wasn't too far away from here now... "Heh, Snype's got my back too. He has a pretty good eye for danger!" Mark said. He started walking through the forest, looking for whatever landmarks were shown on the map to help lead him through.

"Hey I can teach you a few things about berries and held items then! I mean hey, gotta learn something out here if we aren't going to do it in class." Mark said. Actually he was surprised to find someone out here during class time. Sure his class got out early, but either her class got out early... or she passed on it. He didn't think much on it though.

"Well... I can help you out with berries... but! I recall you said you knew a bit of Boxing and Martial arts back in class right? If it's alright with you... would you be alright teaching me some stuff?" Mark asked. He hoped he didn't come off as too demanding.

siiadams

Got 3DS back...1822-1106-0866
Years
Shawn Williams - Raikou Dorm - Pokemon Center

Shawn was glad he could help her feel better. He smiled at the kisses she gave him and wanted to return them, but he heard the communication device she had ring once again. Kayla gave it to him to answer, since she didn't feel like talking right then. He could understand why...being upset, she didn't want her emotions to cloud her thoughts.

Shawn decided to try and slip it on his wrist, but it was too small for him. Of course it was, but he didn't want to adjust it. He simply faced the screen again and pushed the button to answer the call. "Hello?" he said simply, as the screen showed who was calling.

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Red Lion Leo

Trainer Red
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 16, 2013
~Lukas Lionhart~Battlefield 7~
Lukas was gasping for air, hands on his knees and slumped over. "Whats wrong boy? Your that out of shape?" Lt. Surge was hounding him again with a smirk on his face. "It was twenty laps! You just wait! Ill make you pay!" Lukas rebounded back. Surge just laughed and walked away leaving Lukas mumbling to himself. Lukas began thinking about the boy he had seen earlier on, (Was that really Leo? I haven't seen him in three years but still, those eyes. Ill find that boy and ask him. And if it is Leo I'll make sure I destroy him and his team.) While was thinking he didn't realize how bad he was shaking just thinking about Leo: just hearing his brothers name made him angry. A girl walked up to him concern in her eyes and asked him if he was alright, but he didn't even respond. What broke him out of his zone was Lt. Surge's voice "alright everyone class is cut short! Kind of, you see all of you have to watch me take out an arrogant student!" Lukas looked up and saw Surge pointing at him. Lukas stepped forward brought his knights pokeball out and released him from it. "Bring it old man!"

Years
Kayla Makihatayama

Kayla sighed in relief and laid back down. She closed her eyes and frowned when she heard Satoshi yell, "Who is this? Where's Kayla?" Kayla silently counted to ten and took a deep breath. "Kayla, I know that you're there!" Satoshi yelled. "I just want to apologize... I was jealous of you because you were the smart one. Mom and Dad paid more attention to you than they did to me. I didn't matter to them at all when you were born... I'm sorry..." Kayla's eyes shot open. "Shut up!" she yelled, grabbing Shawn's wrist and hanging up on her brother. She sighed softly. "Idiot..." she muttered. "First he hates me, then he wants to apologize? It makes no sense..."

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Samantha Felicity Cooper
Snype seemed like he was Marks go to, number one Pokemon. Once she could take down the little sprite then she could call herself better than Mark... it wasn't her most admirable quality, but a competitive spirit had been part of her from an early age, a desire to prove that she could anything as well as anyone else could. And even do it better.

"Sounds like a fair deal to me. Just depends on how much you wanna learn really. I can show you a couple of really simple things in twenty minutes. They won't win you any championship fights, but if you remember them in a real fight they might make a difference. Or I can teach you properly, really go for it you know? On one of the ships me and Pops served on, passenger vessel, we had this guy that trained with his Fighting type Pokemon. He said that Fighting types, even though it looks like they know martial arts, are doing it all from instinct and... like... genetic muscle memory, or whatever. They don't actually know all the technique naturally, yeah? So he learned it for himself, then taught it to them. Said it gave them an edge when they came up against other Fighting types."

She shrugged and pushed her hands into her pockets as she walked along, Cubone trotting at her heels. "I dunno if it's true or he was just talking a load of trubbish, but it's something to think about for Len I guess. I don't have any Fighting types myself."​

Megaman765

Years
Mark grinned. "Well, I don't have any other plans today. If you have the time, You can teach me properly. I'm up for anything!" Mark said. She begin to talk about a ship she rode on and how a passenger trained with Fighting Type Pokemon. That must have been a heck of a thing to do. Fighting Types could be dangerous to handle if they weren't trained. Lucky for him, Len was one of the oldest family Pokemon on him and he knew his way through a fight.

After a bit of trotting, Mark eventually found the patch of berries. Several bushes were in bloom in this spot. A few Lum berries, Sitrus berries, Oran Berries, the works. There were a couple of free spots as well.

"Berries are a really useful thing to have on your Pokemon and can make a big difference in winning a fight. Sitrus Berries heal your Pokemon when they're nearly fainted, and Lum Berries heal stuff like Poison as soon as their inflicted. I have a strategy with Len involving a Lum Berry so I make sure to keep a supply." Mark said with a smile

Last edited:

siiadams

Got 3DS back...1822-1106-0866
Years
Shawn Williams - Raikou Dorm - Pokemon Center

"This seems more than a sibling rivalry," Shawn thought as Kayla leaned back and relaxed after hanging up with her brother. He didn't get a chance to say anything, really. He slipped the Xtransciever off and placed it back in her hand. She grabbed his wrist kinda rough, but it wasn't hurt or anything, so its all good. He thought about what had transpired, and thought he'd say something.

"What if he's really guilty about what he did?" he spoke softly, thinking out loud, "Maybe you two can work things out sooner or later. I don't know much, but I do know its better to try and work things out rather than leave them unresolved." Shawn shook his head, "How ironic is this? Me giving you advice about family." He had no choice but to chuckle about that as he smiled at her.

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Samantha Felicity Cooper
"No problem. I'm sure we can find an empty room or something back at the Academy."

When they arrived at the berry patch Sammy took some time walking around and examining the different kinds on display while she listened to Marks explanations.

"So you just give them to your Pokemon, but tell them not to eat them until they need to in a battle? It seems a bit unfair if your Pokemon have berries but your opponents don't have any, or is that just part of battling? Like, if I have them and you don't, tough, you should have thought ahead?"

It did seem unfair, but if things like this were available to everyone and they just didn't bother then maybe that was the sort of thing that seperated good and bad trainers. If that was the case it was definitely going to be something Sammy would give more thought to.​

Megaman765

Years
"It mostly depends on the trainer and what items are available. It is kind of unfair sure, but sometimes that's just part of the battle. I bet theres some strategies where some Pokemon aren't supposed to hold items. Like using the move Thief. You can steal your opponents item with that. Berries aren't the only thing you have to use. Here let me show you something I actually carry around with me." Mark said. He took off his backpack and reached into it to pull out a large ball of red yarn.

"This is supposedly called a Destiny Knot. Apparently if a Pokemon uses attract on the holder, the user falls in love as well. Situational but handy for trainers that abuse attract." Mark said. He crouched down and began to plant two Lum berries in a small patch of soft dirt.

"I don't have a problem training out here. Its pretty open and its a nice day after all." Mark added.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Samantha Felicity Cooper
"Huh. So I guess there's a lot more to think about than I realised... types, moves, effects and now all this held stuff too. So how come you just carry that around?" She asked, gesturing to the Destiny Knot. "You won't know a trainer uses Attract a lot until after you battle them, right? By then the Destiny Knot doesn't do you any good. Why not give it to one of your Pokemon?"

Sammy slipped her bag off of her shoulder and set it on the ground, taking a closer look at some of the berries.

"Do you think that teacher would mind if I nabbed a couple of these berries? So I can see how they work and stuff. That's educational, right? And sure, we can train out here. Nobody is gonna bother us out in the woods."​

Megaman765

Years
"I'm sure he won't mind. Grab whatever you need. They're out in the wood for the taking anyways. Haha" Mark said as he took a few Lum Berries and Sitrus Berries. He placed them in his pouch made for Berries. He had a little Zip Lock bag so that they don't get dirty. This would last him a few battles for sure. And he would be growing alot more after his supply was low!

"Usually a trainer's personality can tell alot about how they battle... usually. Alot of my strategies involve stalling and dirty tricks. Not exactly honorable but that's just how Snype rolls." Mark said. Snype nodded and gave a large grin. "Snype usually hangs on to the Destiny Knot. He's a real smooth talker under attract. Hehe." He joked. Snype blushed a little bit at the statement.

"I don't really Rely on the destiny knot much. There's better items I'm sure. But you gotta use whats available I suppose." He said.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Samantha Felicity Cooper

"Alright. I'll just grab a few, no point stocking up on loads when I'm still figuring it all out," she said, grabbing a single Sitrus Berry and Lum Berry, carefully stashing them in a seperate zip compartment in her bag. She could give them a wash once she got back to the Academy. "I'll need to look into all the different stuff you can give your Pokemon, but for now I think I need to focus on the basics with Cubone and Shuppet before I confuse them too much with advanced strategies."​

Cubone was standing off to one side, practicing swinging his bone club. From the looks of things that particular Pokemon was going to need a lot of work before he struck fear into the hearts of any opponents...​

"So what was what you wanted to learn exactly?" Sammy asked, closing her bag and pulling off her purple Arbok hoodie, draping it on top of the bag. Underneath she was wearing a plain, long sleeved black top. Rolling the sleeves up she stepped closer to Mark. "I don't know a lot about any one style of self defense, but I know a little about a lot of different kinds. I probably know the most about boxing, but still not a whole lot."​

Megaman765

Years
Mark waited for Sammy to prepare herself. Mark felt like his outfit was so plain compared to hers...

"Oh! Mostly self defense. You said you knew a bit about that sort of thing so I'd like to get started on that stuff. With Team Rocket running about, I'd like to prepare for the worst. I know they're adults and I'm just a teen but... better safe then sorry right?" Mark said.

"I don't really know much about the different styles or what might help me the most... heheh... I guess it would help if I knew what you knew first. What kind of Self Defense techniques do you know? A bit of basics would be a good start I suppose." Mark said. He really wasn't sure where to begin. He tried his best not to come off as totally clueless.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Samantha Felicity Cooper
"Okay, well... I guess I'll keep it simple then, just about self defense in general rather than about a specific style."

She walked towards Mark and stopped directly in front of him. "If someone is coming at you personally, looking to do you harm, you don't have long. They already know what they want to do to you, and you're reacting to them. So you need to be fast and you need to be efficent, okay? You've gotta do as much damage to them as quickly as you can, while using up as little as your energy as you can. Imagine it's a Pokemon battle and someones poisoned Snype. If you don't act fast, you're gonna lose. So, be fast. Be smart. Be efficent. What are the most vulnerable places to hit someone?"

She pointed to her eyes with her index and middle fingers of her right hand, then pointed to his. "Eyes. Nose," she lowered her hand to point at his nose, then pointed from one ear to the other, "Ears. Neck," she pointed to his throat, "Legs, Knees and Groin," she pointed to all three, apparently unphased by pointing at his groin.

"Those are the places you can hurt someone the most, the easiest and the fastest. They might be 'dirty' places to hit, but if you're defending yourself you don't have time to worry about fair play. Make sense so far? Eyes, nose, ears, neck, legs, knees, groin."​

Years
Kayla Makihatayama

Kayla sighed. "He probably hates me even more now, though. I did hang up in his face..." She frowned softly. "If I wasn't so smart, then he would like me more..." she whispered, strapping her Xtransciever back on her wrist. Shadow came out of the corner and tilted his head. "What's wrong?" he asked. Kayla looked at him and sighed. "You can go back to Holly now," she said softly. "It's okay, I won't leave." Shadow shook his head. Kayla frowned and looked at Shawn. "Hey..." she whispered. "Hit me over the head, will ya? Maybe that'll get the smartness out of my brain." She started to hit herself over the head. "Satoshi won't hate me if I'm stupid..."

Kayla Makihatayama

Kayla sighed. "He probably hates me even more now, though. I did hang up in his face..." She frowned softly. "If I wasn't so smart, then he would like me more..." she whispered, strapping her Xtransciever back on her wrist. Shadow came out of the corner and tilted his head. "What's wrong?" he asked. Kayla looked at him and sighed. "You can go back to Holly now," she said softly. "It's okay, I won't leave." Shadow shook his head. Kayla frowned and looked at Shawn. "Hey..." she whispered. "Hit me over the head, will ya? Maybe that'll get the smartness out of my brain." She started to hit herself over the head. "Satoshi won't hate me if I'm stupid..."

Last edited:
Back