• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Petit Pokemon Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

Rules:

• You may only use pokemon, at their base forms, with 380 or less BST (all of them are listed below)
    • Evolved Pokemon may be raised/traded in/hacked in as parents for egg moves. However, they SHOULD NOT participate in any (rival/gym/major) battle.
    • Feel free to use any of the Bench Pokemon. They will only be disallowed through optional rules, that's why they're on a separate list.
  • You may use Baby pokemon and their base forms (e.g Pichu-Pikachu) as an exception to the rule above, however...
    • You may not evolve Baby pokemon.
  • Hacking/Trading-in is allowed, but the given Pokemon's level must not exceed Lv5.
  • The challenge ends when the credits roll.
  • You may only heal or use items outside of battle.
    • Regenerative moves/abilities such as Wish, Regenerator, Softboiled or Aromatherapy are allowed.
    • You may let your pokemon hold items or berries.
  • All Revival items are banned.
    • You may consult any NPC healer (old lady/mom/PC storage/Doctor/Nurse/etc) for revival.
    • Rare candies may only be used if the pokemon is not in fainted status.
  • You are not allowed to hack in ANY item. The pickup ability, however, may be abused for as much as you want.
  • This challenge is applicable for selected spinoffs, too! Yay! Namely:
    Spoiler:
Some spinoffs (such as MD) aren't listed because: 1) I'm not sure if it's even applicable on those games anymore; or 2) there's no option to use evolved/petit pokemon - forcing you to be stuck on that game's own challenge.

Move Restrictions:

• OHKO moves are banned.
  • Only moves with 80 attack power or less are allowed.
  • ???-power moves are allowed (Sonic Boom, Magnitude, Dragon Rage, etc)
  • Moves such as Grass Knot, Fury Cutter, Low Kick, and the likes are also allowed for as long as the written attack power is 80 or less.

Optional/Alternative Challenge Rules:

1. For Pokemon X/Y challengers: try to avoid using both Exp. Share and Pokemon Amie as much as possible. For grinding a fresh pokemon from scratch, they should be fine, but keeping them both throughout the game will end up making your playthrough a breeze due to the stacked exp boosts - hence, killing the challenge. But don't worry, it's an optional rule.
  2. You may only use Pokemon w/ 330 or less overall base stats (Bench Pokemon are not allowed)
  3. Only use moves with 70 power or less.
  4. Challenge yourself further by beating the strongest trainers in the region! (Red, Steven, Cynthia, Matsumoto, etc - excluding Battle Facilities)
Useable Pokemon:
(arranged by Type and Generation)

Spoiler:

Bench Pokemon:
Spoiler:

Entry/Registration Form:

Name -
Molivious
Game of Choice - White

Challengers:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2014
Name - MattThePatrat
Game of Choice - Black

Optional rule: Moves must have 70 power or less. This sounds fun!

EDIT: First update:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

Game of Choice - Black

Optional rule: Moves must have 70 power or less. This sounds fun!

Hope you do have fun! I've just been quite busy moving out lately, hence the rather late updates. Hopefully all is well and done by next week. Can't be too busy on holidays.

Anyway, I'm pitching in with my (lazy) game update so far:

(Switched to pokemon white since I can't find my Black)
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2014
2nd Update:
Spoiler:

Current Team
Spoiler:

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

Editing first post right after this post. I suppose allowing the Bench pokemon in normal runs is totally fine, and not really "challenge-wrecking". I'm just gonna leave it as an optional rule to implement if someone wants a more challenging run.

Also, albeit being short, I wanted to share how epic my 3rd gym battle was before I forget it. So here's my progress so far (including a more-detailed pre-3rd gym progress from before):
Spoiler:

edit: Updates for Nov 16
Spoiler:

Current Team:
495.png
Dud | Lv 28 | Leaf Tornado / Leech Seed / Growth / Mega Drain | Miracle Seed
517.png
Noir | Lv 29 | Hypnosis / Moonlight / Psybeam / Synchronoise | Quick Claw
540.png
Crogg | Lv 24 | Bug Bite / String Shot / Tackle / Razor Leaf | Miracle Seed
568.png
Yucha | Lv 24 | Toxic Spikes / Acid Spray / Sludge / Stockpile| Scope Lens

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2014
3rd Update:

Spoiler:

Current Team:
Spoiler:

Tek

Years
This looks like one heck of a tough challenge! Should be fun.

Username: YZN
Game: Emerald
I won't be using any bench pokemon. Here's the team I plan to use:

Relaxed Krabby (Cut, Surf, Rock Smash, Dive)
Sassy Clefairy (Reflect, Light Screen, Moonlight, Strength)
Impish Swablu (Sing, Perish Song, Fly, ?)
Timid Dratini (Waterfall, Supersonic, Dragonbreath, Dragon Rage)
Brave Trapinch (Faint Attack, Quick Attack, Gust, Dig)
Naive Pikachu (Flash, Wish, Shock Wave, Quick Attack)

Since Dratini, clefairy, and krabby are not found in emerald, I can hack them in at Lv 5?
Will I also be able to hack in some pokemon for breeding purposes? I need a Togetic to breed Wish on to Pikachu and a Gligar to breed Quick Attack and Gust onto Trapinch.

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

yup, you can hack those pokemon in. You may even use an evolved form as an HM slave, if it's purpose is just to serve as that...

good luck!

first post update: I've removed that rule about reviving only thru nurse joy since it's more of an inconvenience and annoyance than a factor for more challenge. E.g Having to walk all the way back to a pokemon center instead of that old lady healer right in front you is definitely retar- *ahem* insane, right?

So, doctors, old ladies, etc... literally any NPC healer will be fine to consult. Only revives will be disallowed.

progress update:
Spoiler:

Current Team:
495.png
Dud | Lv 35 | Leaf Tornado / Leech Seed / Growth / Giga Drain | Miracle Seed
517.png
Noir | Lv 34 | Hypnosis / Moonlight / Psybeam / Synchronoise | Quick Claw
540.png
Crogg | Lv 33 | Bug Bite / Grass Knot / Tackle / Razor Leaf | Miracle Seed
568.png
Yucha | Lv 31 | Toxic Spikes / Acid Spray / Sludge / Stockpile| Scope Lens
Mofu | Lv 29 | Volt Switch / Electro Web / Electro Ball / Bug Bite | Lucky Egg

Last edited:

Tek

Years
Right on, and thanks! I'll get started right now.

Update: okay, three hours in. Moved in and met the neighbors, then grabbed a Treecko and rescued Prof Elm. Beat May's Torchic.

Used action replay to summon clefairy and krabby to route 101, caught them both. Made it to Petalburg and helped out Wally. Currently, I'm leveling and EV training clefairy and krabby.

Last edited:

LoudSilence

more like uncommon sense
Years
  • Age 35
  • US
  • Seen Aug 7, 2016
I've never taken on a challenge before, I think I'll do this one! Question, can you evolve a Pokemon so long as its base stats do not go over the limit? Was just wondering if petite here was being used to mean pre-evo only. Also, what is a Bench Pokemon?

Name: LoudSilence
Game: Platinum

I'll let you know when I start, probably sometime later this week.

Last edited:

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

I've never taken on a challenge before, I think I'll do this one! Question, can you evolve a Pokemon so long as its base stats do not go over the limit? Was just wondering if petite here was being used to mean pre-evo only. Also, what is a Bench Pokemon?
Sorry, but strictly no evolving is allowed unless you're using baby pokemon (a rule about baby pokemon can be read under 'Useable Pokemon'). The idea of the challenge was to use the weakest pokemon at their smallest/basic forms. So yeah, it's not exactly an NFE challenge and it's pretty harsh for bug-lovers like me.

Anyway, Bench Pokemon are simply additions to the primary list - pokemon with overall stats ranging from 331 to 350 (the original challenge was supposed to only include pokemon with 330 or less overall stats). It is only meant to expand the selection a bit more; and used to be exclusive for those who'd wanna take a Monotype Challenge along with this one. I decided to make the challenge generally feasible, so now players could just choose to avoid using them as an optional rule.

Last edited:

LoudSilence

more like uncommon sense
Years
  • Age 35
  • US
  • Seen Aug 7, 2016
Sorry, but strictly no evolving is allowed unless you're using baby pokemon (a rule about baby pokemon can be read under 'Useable Pokemon'). The idea of the challenge was to use the weakest pokemon at their smallest/basic forms. So yeah, it's not exactly an NFE challenge and it's pretty harsh for bug-lovers like me.

Anyway, Bench Pokemon are simply additions to the primary list - pokemon with overall stats ranging from 331 to 350 (the original challenge was supposed to only include pokemon with 330 or less overall stats). It is only meant to expand the selection a bit more; and used to be exclusive for those who'd wanna take a Monotype Challenge along with this one. I decided to make the challenge generally feasible, so now players could just choose to avoid using them as an optional rule.

Ooh, ok thanks for the clarification. This is going to be intense!

Tek

Years
Second update:

HAMMER the Krabby and MISSTELLAH the Clefairy each have about 60 Effort Points in the HP stat, so I decided to press on ahead. Made my way through Petalburg Woods. Got the Wailmer Pail and TM09 Bullet Seed. Made it to Rustboro City. Got the HM01 and immediately taught Cut to HAMMER.

Took out Roxanne's Rock-type gym without any healing items or trips to see Nurse Joy. Nosepass gave me a hard time (no pun intended), but with MISTELLAH's Growl and REPTAR's Absorb the opponent was rendered unconscious.

I have decided to retire REPTAR, so I summoned a Pikachu to Petalburg Woods to take his place. I caught a female that will eventually be the mother of the Pikachu that learns Wish. I am going to level and EV train the new team member before moving on.

Tek

Years
Sorry for the double post, it seems I can't put two attachments on a post. Dunno if my browser is the problem or what...

Anyhow, here's my current team:

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

Spoiler:

Current Team:
495.png
Dud | Lv 41 | Aerial Ace / Leech Seed / Growth / Giga Drain | Miracle Seed
517.png
Noir | Lv 42 | Calm Mind / Moonlight / Psybeam / Charge Beam | Quick Claw
540.png
Crogg | Lv 39 | Bug Bite / Grass Knot / Facade / Razor Leaf | Miracle Seed
568.png
Yucha | Lv 39 | Toxic / Acid Spray / Sludge / Stockpile| Poison Barb
Mofu | Lv 41 | Volt Switch / Sucker Punch / Charge Beam / Bug Bite | Expert Belt
Roshi | Lv 44 | Shadow Ball / Flame Charge / Flame Burst / Will-o-Wisp | Spell Tag

---
edits on the first post: A lot of switches and additions. I kinda failed to re-check stats as well as update the roster. (I had 350-ish stat pokemon included in the main list)

I've also now put up a benchmark for Bench Pokemon at 380 overall stats; no more exceptions based on typing. (before, I only put up the likes of Mawile and Sableye with overall stats at 380 because Steel-types and Dark-types were severely lacking)

List Changes:
Staryu (to bench)
Koffing (to bench)
Mienfoo (to bench)
Scraggy (to bench)
Swirlix (to bench)
Spritzee (to bench)
Spinda (to bench)
Rufflet (to bench)
Mawile (added to fairy bench, lol)

New Useable Pokemon:
Cacnea (Bench)
Tentacool (Bench)
Elekid (Bench)
Magby (Bench)
The rest of the Baby Pokemon (just added their images, actually)
Corsola (Bench)
Farfetch'd (Bench)
Clamperl (Bench)
Aipom (Bench)

If I've missed another pokemon or two, please do tell. Particularly Gen VI because everything else prior is okay as far as I've checked today.

Lastly, did some rewriting on the rules. Nothing has changed, to be quite clear, I just moved some notes here and there.

Last edited:

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

Name - AoTora
Game of Choice - FireRedOmega (if I can do it) or FireRed if I cannot do it on that game.
The challenge may be taken on any hack, but i wanted to keep things official. Well i guess it can't be helped. Go for it :)

So...new areas are found at a period way after the challenge technically ends... everything else is the original game with trainer and wild pokemon tweaks. Did i miss anything? Good luck! Since it's basically a hack with difficulty modifications, it will certainly be tougher on you.

just a heads up, the starters (elekid, smoochum and magby) along with spinda, corsola, luvdisc and farfetch'd have had their stats buffed up. Unfortunately, you will have to box them. If there were any other stuff i've missed, i'll leave it to you. I can't go check every hack's changelog >_<

Also, new edit to first post, Yanma is now removed from the challenge since it went over the stat limit :(

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2014
4th Update:
Spoiler:

Current team:
Spoiler:

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

Game: Pokemon Emerald

Possible Pokemon:

Growlithe (Forgotten in the original list by the way)
Gastly
Squirtle
Elekid
HM Slave (Taillow)
HM Slave(Zigzagoon)
Growlithe has base stats at 350, that's why he's in the bench.. unlike vulpix who made it to the originals with only 299.

edit: I use -this list- from pokedb, primarily because Bulbapedia's "sort-by" buttons take quite some time to load/appear for others. Plus, you get to check their types in pokedb. I personally tend to forget one or two. lol.

in any case, here's the fixed link for bulbapedia: link

---
changes on the first post: removed the rule about HM slaves... I suppose people don't have to be told anymore which ones they could and could not use in major battles, as the main rules already state specifications.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back