• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen New Game Features Speculation

blue

gucci
Years
So we already know that it looks like there is a new way of getting around which is by Roller skates.

whl5s0.png

But what else do you think these new games will bring in terms of features? With the 3DS I'm sure there is a lot more they can introduce.

Aryan143

The Fennekin Fan!
Years
I want a new feature in which we can if we defeated the Gym Leader without defeating the trainers, we could still battle the trainers.

Years
I think this screenshot suggests that you will be able to dress and customize the look of your hero.

3ds_pokemon-x-pokemon-y_shot6.jpg

That would be cool, would probably fix my qualms about the male protagonists design... I'm thinking that we might be able to view 3D models in the dex and be able to rotate our camera angle on them. Otherwise I'm not sure what we'll get. Hell I can't even work out if they are talking about genetics or axis (leaning towards axis).

Years
  • Seen Sep 5, 2013
Feature speculation

As with every new generation of Pokemon, no doubt the new games will offer a ton of new features. What new features would you like to see? What returning features?

Personally in terms of new features, there is a lot of room. Seeing the male character standing in front of a mirror in the trailer leads me to speculate that characters can be customized. I'd like to see it go a step further by having a Pokemon's held items appear on it in battle. In terms of returning features, I say bring back all of the best features from HeartGold/SoulSilver, Black/White, and Black 2/White 2. I'd like to see Pokemon that walk with you, a Pokewalker like device, and a Pokeathlon-like competition return as well as a Battle Frontier. From Black and White they should bring back seasons, and triple and rotation battles. Triple and Rotation battles should also be expanded for online and wireless.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Like every even-gen games, I expect a complete overhaul on an existing game mechanic such as revamping the type chart or changing Pokemon's base stats.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Already have a thread for this too, so going to merge. Use the search feature before making threads please to avoid duplicates.

HaiImNate

Ice Cream
Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2013
I never even noticed the roller skates! I think that it would be cool to get around by skate boarding as well (I'm a skate boarder). xD

I think that players will be able to customize their character more in X and Y. I think that's part f the reason that he's looking in the mirror, to foreshadow this. I also think that there will be new means of travel via planes and stuff. I also think that the pokegear will be a lot more enhanced, or hey will be even a new device replacing the pokegear.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
It would be nice to see some features such as online chatting in the game while you're traveling or something like that would be really cool. What about integration with MiiVerse or something?

What about character customization? Now that's something that could be likely, knowing that there's already rollerskates confirmed for Pokémon X and Pokémon Y.

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2015
I had an idea while thinking about the common theory that the titles refer to genetics: Genetic Engineering. Maybe there would be a lab somewhere, and you could have them genetically engineer Pokemon for you. Maybe these genetically engineered Pokemon would have a significantly lowered chance, if not completely impossible for it to have egg moves, but would have a slightly increased chance for higher IVs and shininess, a 5% chance of having the Dream World ability, and an extremely low (say, 1%) chance of having an attack that the Pokemon could not have otherwise (Such as Emolga with Volt Tackle, for example). These would also have a unique appearance(Think Mewtwo's clones in the first movie, not entirely new appearance, just a special pattern or something to indicate that they were engineered). The evil team's thing would be Pokemon purity, and oppose this, as well as all other Pokemon they would believe shouldn't exist. (Mewtwo, Porygon, Fossils, etc.)

Years
I would Really strongly like to see Gen 6 really using the 3DS features like the Step counter for hatching eggs or something, any then using street pass, it would be cool if street pass could let you battle people you walk by kinda like that building in G/S in Viridian city that let you battle a AI of the last person you link battled with.

DeeJay

Mr. Excitement
Years
I had an idea while thinking about the common theory that the titles refer to genetics: Genetic Engineering. Maybe there would be a lab somewhere, and you could have them genetically engineer Pokemon for you...

I have thought along these lines as well. If nothing else, it would be 1000% better if all of the people relevant to breeding were in one facility: the effort judge, the stats judge, the hidden power judge, move tutors, the day care, even one of the nursery stations from Join Avenue. Wouldn't it be nice to not have to make multiple flights around a region just to find out if your latest hatchling was what you were looking for? This kind of thing always makes me want to name it "Pokégenics"...better pokémon through breeding ^_^

As a second matter...don't you think they can eliminate everything from the PC box menu except "Move Pokémon"? Why have all of those redundant options? Ergh!

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Streetpass secret bases, or the one thing everyone's expecting. It makes so much sense, and it would be awesome to see them back. Play coins and the pedometer could also be used with some sort of Pokewalker app, perhaps working in conjunction with the bonding mechanism.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I have thought along these lines as well. If nothing else, it would be 1000% better if all of the people relevant to breeding were in one facility: the effort judge, the stats judge, the hidden power judge, move tutors, the day care, even one of the nursery stations from Join Avenue. Wouldn't it be nice to not have to make multiple flights around a region just to find out if your latest hatchling was what you were looking for? This kind of thing always makes me want to name it "Pokégenics"...better pokémon through breeding ^_^

As a second matter...don't you think they can eliminate everything from the PC box menu except "Move Pokémon"? Why have all of those redundant options? Ergh!

I would looove a new place like that, although it's not really a feature I guess. Well, unless the stats and hidden power judge was actually the same guy and gave us accurate details for everything including how strong the hidden power is!

Jeikobu

God's beloved child
Years
XY Wish List

We probably all have things we do and don't want to see in the next generation of Pokemon games. Here are some of mine.

- Traveling to other regions. I don't expect this since the makers will likely want to save thee improved adaptations for their own remake release, such as generation 3. Still, I can dream. I still love and have fond memories of being able to travel from Jouto to Kantou in GSC.

- I want a critical hit to double the stats' current power, i.e. applying the reductions the said Pokemon may have received (currently, even if the Pokemon's stats have been reduced in battle, a critical hit ignores the reduction and doubles the attack's original strength).

-Bring back HGSS's thing about letting a Pokemon walk outside the ball with you.

- I also like the idea of what HGSS had with the events contest thing where you had to race and do other physical challenges with your Pokemon. It seemed like a fun side quest that had a different flavor than the normal travel and battle-thing.

- I want night time to make things look dark again. Night time in BW doesn't really even look like night anymore. I liked it back in GSC.

- Bring back the secret area thing from RSE.

- I'd like to see more stuff focusing on the bond and building friendship between the player and his/her Pokemon. There's really not much in the games other than doing little impersonal things that raises the happiness level and then you get the point where it likes you as much as it ever will.

- Continuing to improve on the trainer and each Pokemon's individuality, customizability, and uniqueness would be nice.

- Finding a way to make things less stat-focused and more effort-focused would be nice too. Don't take the stat thing out, just have less emphasis on it.

jaydezzal

Sarcastic Guy
Years
Basically I hope they get the best parts of the series as a whole; (My Opinions)
-I liked the whole "You can only find certain Pokemon at this time of day" thing
-I liked how the Pokemon followed you in HG/SS, but I'd like to be able to turn it off... Sometimes I just want to walk around on my own
-I personally thought Black and White weren't very good, but the story was great
-I'd like to see the Battle Frontier come back
-Never played it but I heard the Pokemon World Tournament was fun
-I'd like something on the side to do like Contests/Pokeathelon/Pokestar Studios

And the most important part...
* drum roll *
More Eeveelutions
I realize that they're running out of ways to make this guy evolve, but thats what I'm really saying here, I want some creative evolution methods. They have to get more creative than "trade X Pokemon holding Y Item." Personally I like the evolutions based on areas like Eevee -> Glaceon or Magneton -> Magnezone. I think they should do something with the seasons. Not like reach Level X in Season Y and evolve but have the seasons manipulate the evolutions somehow. Like an example of this could be like having an area where in Spring Eevee evolves into Leafeon but in Winter Eevee evolves into Glaceon ... Well maybe that's a bad example because it's kind of dependant on the season, but you get what I'm saying, right?

Anyway, sorry for rambling

Last edited:

roosterman

Freaking annoying!
Years
first off, i really miss my poketch and want it back! i don't care if i can get the unicorn pokemon picture on my c gear, i just wanna know how many steps i took and when an egg is in the daycare!

some contests like in the anime would be nice with move combinations and whatnot.

i really want some more event areas. like with mew, shaymin and darkria where you get to go catch them rather then get them from a delivery man.

i realize this may be impossible but maybe make it so events can't easily be discovered before they're announced by nintendo or gamefreak. back when mew was discovered everyone was so surprised, nowdays when they say a new pokemon is coming out, everyones all like, "oh, i guess keldeo is being given out."
maybe make it so the pokemon aren't even in the cards data but have room to have a few more custom pokemon entrys on the card. just let every one download the data, and make the gts let that new pokemon in to avoid people making their own pokemon to trade over gts.

Back