• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultimate Monotype Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Oct 6, 2012
Mini Update:

I beat the Silph Co. Stuff. My rival was incredably simple.

My extremely underleveled pokemon beat Sabrina! :o

So I 3HKOd her Abra with my level 39 Snorelax (Using Earthquake).

I took down her Kadabra Using Hyper Fang with my level 40 Raticate. It was hard, but I did it eventually.

Her Alakazam was tougher. I got it down to the red area of health with my Level 40 Tauros, but it used recover, then defeated it. Luckily, I had my Clefairy to finish it off.

I surfed from Pallet to Cinnibar. I'll be updating later on my progress with that.

Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2014
I will start a fighting challenge with yellow, if that is okay (Starting with yellow, I mean, not just only in yellow :P)

PoliStorm

Rage, Fury, Hatred
Years
Awesome. I'd like to try this. Fighting type, please and since I've never owned a 1st gen game, I'll use my Leaf Green. Thanks!

I'll only be able to post updates maybe 1 or 2 times a week, since I have school now, but I'll still try to complete the challenge!

Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2014
well, I just caught a mankey, so have my first fighting type, though I have one question: am I allowed to use a poliwag until it becomes a poliwhirl, and then until I get a waterstone, or do I have to wait until I can catch one as a poliwrath and evolve it immediately?

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2015
So uhh... Update.. don't know where I left off last time, I think around when I got Jolteon?

Just read anyone else's Kanto Blog and you get mine :p

Uploading my Hall of Fame video right now.

Team:
Oh...

Stupid Uber Zapdos >.>

Brb, beating the E4 again.

Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2014
Just updating that I beat Brock and made my way through Mount Moon. Am now in Cerulean and intend to start nugget bridge shortly. My mankey is level 22

last update before bed. beat nugget bridge, got the ticket, then trained mankey until it evolved. Next beat Misty and headed for vermillion, beating all trainers along the way. Cleared the ship and beat surge, then picked up flash and I am off to bed, my primeape is now level 34

Last edited:

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
Years
  • Seen Apr 25, 2016
You're allowed to use Poliwag/Poliwhirl, but you must evolve it at the very first chance you get.

Years
seems like it doesnt really matter i accidentally used charmander in a battle, so i continued. i beat lt. surge (no screenshot here but i still got more than enough of them in this post xD) and got the tbolt tm and used it on magnemite and beat all trainers i hadnt beaten yet. then i had to go through hell aka rock tunnel. magnemite/magnetons sonic boom really saved me serveral times, but not if i had enemys that know selfdestruct, so i had to run back to the pokemon center all 5 minutes but at least i got through it. got to celadon, got hm flying, a dodou and an eevee and evolved eevee immediately. beat erika, the fightning thing in saffron, team rocket in celadon blue and team rocket in ghost tower and blue and team rocket in silph co and then they were finally gone.

then i went to fuschia, beat koga, gut surf, and went to the power plant. caught a voltorb lv.40 there (with mb xD), got the thunder tm (im no fan of that move, but at least i got stab on it) and beat zapdos, exp>pokedex entry. now clearing the area east of fuschia (i took the cycling road to get there)

Screenshots that prove that all i said above is true are inside the spoiler (they need too much space otherwise)
Spoiler:

pikachu l.36
Spr_1y_025.png

t.shock
slam
t. bolt
quick attack
(didnt use this thing since rock tunnel)

magneton l.49
Spr_1y_082.png

swift
sonicboom
t.bolt
t.shock
(accidentally deleted supersonic for swift which i would have prefered over sonicboom, 20 dmg gets ridiculous later on)

jolteon l.48
Spr_1y_135.png

body slam
double kick
pin missile
quick attack
(very nice, but it just doesnt want to learn any thunder moves(except for t.wave) and i used my 2 tms with thunder moves on others)

electrode l. 46
Spr_1y_101.png

toxic
selfdestruct
light screen
thunder
(used the 3 or 4 rare candys i still had on the pc to lower its level difference to magneton and jolteon, and now i have no candys remaining and have to train my future support pokemon with that damn 10pp and 70%acc thunder as its only attacking move)

slaves:
charmander l.12:cut
dodou l.26: flying
lapras l.15: surf, strength

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 6, 2012
-I trained all of my pokemon a bit. Still, they were rather low.
-I beat Blaine on my second try. He was a little difficult due to my underleveling, but I still beat him.
-Flew Directly to Viridian.
-Beat Giovanni. I swept through most of his pokemon with Snorelax, and finished off Nidoking with Tauros.
-Headed to Victory road.

I'm underleveled, so I have to train a lot here. I've got my copy of silver handy and I'm in the planning stages. (Stantler, Noctowl, Dunsprance, Smeargle, Ursaring, Girafigig would be my best bet.)

Years
beat everyone, blah blah, haad some probs with giovanni but beat him on the 10th attempt (thanks o parahax on rhydon who seemed to have infinite eqs and each of them ohkod someone) ohkod moltres with thunder from jolteon, reached indigo plateau, bought lost of hyperpotions and revives, deposited lapras and dodou.
lorelei was easy, magneton tboldet everything out of the way, jinx survives one but got killed anyway
bruno was a bit harder, jolteon needed some toxic support from electrode to kill the onixes, the fighning stuffes died as easy as loreleis watertypes.
agatha was tougher than the previous ones, especially the confuse rays were annoying but somehow i won (just spammed magnetons tbolts, jolteons thunder, potions and the pokeflute till my enemys were down)
lance wasnt too hard too, his second dragonair annoyed me a bit because it always got hyper potions, his dragonite got poison as soon as possible and some rounds later it was dead.

now only blue can stop me.
sandslash vs jolteon. jolteon body slam. no paralysis. sandslash eq. jolteon ko. that sucks, so i reload and start with electrode this time. toxic, everyone dies again and again, but sometimes i got more than 1 pokemon alive and can use a move, at the end sandslash dies from an explosion. now alakazam comes and i only have my ikachu lv36 left. revive on jolteon, alakazam uses sth useless, revive on magneton, psychic, pikachu is dead.jolteon comes and uses pin missile. some rounds later, alakazam is still alive but jolteon is that -> pin missile, u suck. alakazam does weird stuff again, so magneton can revive everyone. jolteon comes out again, this time i use body slam and it works. 2hko on full hp alakazam. next one is exeggutor. jolteon was still alive so i use pin missile (4x weak) but it betrays me again and misses. electrode survives barrage... and has no explosion left >_> so here comes toxic. hypnosis fails and i put up light screen, just in case... next rounds: hypnosis hits, magneton gets revived, electrode gets seeded so i switch for jolteon. hypnosis fails again but pin missile finally gets a kill. next one is magneton. i send my sleeping 20 hp electrode and use full restore, while magneton does nothing that works. next is toxic, of course, then i switch for jolteon and spam body slams. next one is cloyster which gets ohkod by magnetons tbolt (finally something weak to electric). last foe is flarion, who also gets poisoned (pretty boring strategy, but if i dont get ohkod it will always work against the ai and flareon doesnt have stab eqs). then thunder (a crit!), flareon uses fire spin, not really clever at that time, eh? so the first generatione ends with a suicide, i must admit i never had such situation (fire sin/wrap/bind/...+poison=suicide) before, especially not in a boss battle

... i wonder if anyone is going to read this long and boring text up there xD edit: oh, and its also full of mistakes, fire sin sounds like someone is going to hell =D

in the hall of fame, realised i forgot to record it when it was already at its end, so i just have the player statictics thing
se3e60_th.png

the 28hrs were maybe 3 or 4 or maybe 5, i used speed increase a lot.

Final team:
Spoiler:

i'm too tired to start johto today, so maybe tomorrow

Years
  • Seen Oct 6, 2012
I just beat my rival. I am feeling pretty good right now. I also evolved Clefairy. It can't learn Moonlight in Gen 1. :(

gby020.gif

Ytar (Raticate)

-Super Fang
-Double Edge
-Take Down
-Blizzard

gby036.gif

Muffin (Clefable)

-Psywave
-Bubblebeam
-Fire Blast
-Tri Attack

gby128.gif

Tao Ren (Tauros)

-Ice Beam
-Stomp
-Rage
-Skill Bash

gby143.gif

Sleep Guy (Snorelax)

-Earthquake
-Toxic
-Rest
-Surf

Look at Clefable's move set. It's beutiful. (And Snorelax can stall anything you can think of.)

Years
  • Seen Jul 10, 2016
hi ppl..

well i just wanted to say sry for not updating on long tiem... school got me busy....

sry......

well.... good bye!!..

Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2014
played through until I got to rock tunnel, caught a machop and trained it until it evolved, then traded to evolve it, trading back after, so I got a machamp. Then passed through the tunnel and headed quickly to celadon and then to saffron, not stopping at the gym or really much of anywhere along the way, so that I could then go get my hitmonlee. That is where I currently am, my party is level 33 machamp, level 36 primeape, and my newest addition, my level 30 hitmonlee

jackswack

The Legendary Pokemon Master!
Years
  • Seen May 25, 2023
UPDATE:

Left Goldenrod City.
Went through all the trainers.
Went back to Goldenrod.
Obtained the SquirtBottle.
Used SquirtBottle on Sudowoodo.
Defeated Sudowoodo.
Defeated a few trainers and arrived in Ecruteak.
Met Eusine and defeated Rival in the Burned Tower.
Did the 3 Legendary Dogs event.
Healed my Pokemon and then challenged Morty.
Zubat evolved into Golbat!
Defeated Morty easily - apart from his Gengar which kept using Hypnosis + Dream Eater. However I used Skiploom's Sleep Powder and stayed asleep for about 7 turns, while Golbat used Bite.
End of Update.

My Team -

Pidgeotto (Level 21)

Gust
Quick Attack
Tackle
Mud-Slap

Butterfree (Level 22)

Confusion
Tackle
Sleep Powder
PoisonPowder

Skiploom w/Miracle Seed (Level 21)

Headbutt
Synthesis
Sleep Powder
PoisonPowder

Golbat (Level 22)

Bite
Leech Life
Confuse Ray
Supersonic

HM Slaves:

Paras (Cut)

UPDATE:

Defeated all the Kimono Girls and Obtained HM03.
Left Ecruteak.
Did the Miltank event.
Arrived at Olivine City while defeating trainers.
Went into the Lighthouse.
Came back out of the lighthouse after talking to Jasmine.
Obtained HM04 from some guy.
Went back a few steps and caught a Tauros.
Taught Tauros HM03 and HM04.
Swam to Cianwood City - defeating trainers.
Went to the Gym and challenged Chuck.
Defetead Chuck Easily.

My Team -

Pidgeotto (Level 26)

Gust
Quick Attack
Tackle
Mud-Slap

Butterfree (Level 26)

Confusion
Tackle
Sleep Powder
PoisonPowder

Skiploom w/Miracle Seed (Level 26)

Headbutt
Synthesis
Sleep Powder
Leech Seed

Golbat (Level 26)

Bite
Leech Life
Confuse Ray
Supersonic

HM Slaves:

Paras (Cut)
Tauros (Surf, Strength)

UPDATE:

Obtained HM02.
Taught HM02 to Pidgeotto.
Obtained the SecretPotion.
Flew to Olivine and did the Lighthouse event.
Went and challenged Jasmine - failed on my first two attempts.
But on the third time, I beat her!!
Magnemite was pretty easy, I used Skiploom to put asleep then Leech Seed and I kept using Headbutt.
Steelix was much harder, I managed to wear it down with Skiploom but Jasmine healed it and OHKO'd it with Iron Tail.
I used Pidgeotto with Mud-Slap but Steelix killed it.
I managed to kill with Butterfree with Sleep Powder + Confusion.
Then I managed to kill the last Magnemite with ease.

My Team -

Exactly the same as before but one level higher (Skiploom didn't evolve as it grew a level during my loss).

Last edited:
Years
started a game in gold (iirc mareep isnt in crystal and i think silver has magmar, so electabuzz should be somewhere in gold)
took chikorita, fought my way to violet, trained chikorita in the unown ruins to l16, beat falkner, got togepi egg, went south, met a mareep and killed it with a crit. met another mareep and caught it. screenshot inside the spoiler.

Spoiler:

current team:

mareep l.6
Spr_2g_179.png

tackle

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2014
Trained up Hitmonlee, taught it body slam, then went and beat erica. Raided the Rocket basement and got the Silph Scope, then raided the Pokemon Tower. Took the pokeflute and went south from Lavender so that I could get the super rod before long. Caught Snorelax, got the super rod, then flew to Viridian where I went over a bit to route 22 and fished up a Poliwhirl. Used a water stone and now have a poliwrath and my current progress.

My team

Poliwrath
Lv. 15
-Ice Beam
-Hypnosis
-Water Gun
-Bubble

Machamp
Lv. 38
-Karate Chop
-Low Kick
-Leer
-Rock Slide

Hitmonlee
Lv. 39
-Jump Kick
-Meditate
-Rolling Kick
-Body slam

Primeape
Lv. 39
-Karate Chop
-Leer
-Low Kick
-Dig

raekuul

Team Anorith Grunt
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 13, 2017
Drats, now I want to play normal instead of Monotype.

Gyah, I'm somewhere between Viridian and Pewter in my re-start.

Oh, how I long for a battle-worthy Tentacruel...

Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2014
Caught the other Snorelax after going down to Fuchsia, training my Poliwrath on the way. Taught Poliwrath surf and strength after getting them from the safari zone. I cleared out Silph Co, teaching my Machamp earthquake on the way. Then I beat Koga, then flew back and took on Sabrina, defeating both of them, though almost lost to Sabrina's Alakazam, a well timed paralysis from body slam saved me, and I am now about to leave for Cinnabar

My team:

Poliwrath
Lv. 45
-Strength
-Surf
-Hypnosis
-Ice Beam

Hitmonlee
Lv. 45
-Jump Kick
-Meditate
-Rolling Kick
-Body Slam

Machamp
Lv. 45
-Seismic Toss
-Low Kick
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide

Primeape
Lv. 46
-Thrash
-Screech
-Low Kick
-Dig

Tony Montana

Say Hello To My Little Friend!
Years
My game froze so I have to start Fire Red all over...but Ill think ill use red/blue instead. Is that allowed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back