• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokemon Trainer Academy (OOC) (NEW!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
@RedHCP: Well, I did mine fairly recently, and I:

• came in on a boat
  • got my dorm coat(I personally went to the office, since it was later in the year for everyone else, but it is your choice how you get the coat)
  • well, the rest is up to you.
I tried to go to the dorm and just stay there til the next class, but there are still people going with their days, so I eventually had to get back out so I wouldn't get kicked for not doing anything.

Final note: My character is going to the cafeteria, if you want to meet up with someone(also in Raikou dorm)

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Me & Lucia are at the cafeteria, so maybe you can meet us there? We're Suicune's so I'm not certain if we can meet other trainers from different dorms.

Rika, I started my intro post by writing about the trip to the Island, and add thoughts and expectations to the new chapter your character will face in the future days. It's up to you, really. By my third post I was already battling. lol

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
the students from different dorms have met up. Though some characters have different opinions on the dorms. My main char Isaac thinks most Suicunes are rich pompous brats.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Guess it's time for a team update then! First up, Nika Valentine. All Pokemon gain five levels, huzzah!

Joltik gains five levels, no new moves.
Larvesta gains five levels, learned Take Down.
Shelmet gains five levels, learned Mega Drain.
Paras gains five levels, learned Spore.
Mystery Egg is an egg. It learned nothing. It never learns...

Species: Joltik (Female)
Nickname(Optional): Spider
Personality: Spider is a quirky and highly curious individual, fascinated by the oddest of things and very happy to see new people, pokemon or places.
Lvl(Max 20): 20 + 5 = 25
Moves: Spider Web, Thunder Wave, Screech, Fury Cutter, Electroweb, Bug Bite
Ability: Compound Eyes

Species: Larvesta (Female)
Nickname: Eve
Personality: A very caring and affectionate pokemon, Eve enjoys cuddling up to Nika, and even other pokemon and trainers.
Lvl: 16 + 5 = 21
Moves: Ember, String Shot, Leech Life, Take Down
Ability: Flame Body

Species: Shelmet (Male)
Nickname: Sage
Personality: Sage is a very grumpy pokemon, often clamping its shell/helmet closed when bothered by anything.
Lvl: 17 + 5 = 22
Moves: Leech Life, Acid, Bide, Curse, Struggle Bug, Mega Drain
Ability: Shell Armour

Species: Paras (Female)
Nickname: n/a
Personality: Yet to be discovered.
Lvl: 17 + 5 = 22
Moves: Leech Seed, Metal Claw, Psybeam, Stun Spore, Fury Cutter, Spore
Ability: Dry Skin

Species: Mystery Egg!
Nickname: Egg
Personality: It's an egg.
Lvl: It's an egg!
Moves: ...It's an egg.
Ability: Egg egg.

As for Lincoln West's pokemon, they both received five levels and learned no new moves. This takes both pokemon from level 18 to level 23. I'll update my signature.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
I-I wasn't asleep! I was just..passed out! ;o From fighting monsters!

@Red & PinkSapphire: You're both accepted. :P Enjoy your new characters.

@Gunnerpow7: Hmm.. it appears that you're missing the appearance section of your application. If there was supposed to be an image there, try uploading it to a public place such as http://imageshack.us or http://imgur.com

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2013
Team Update

Five free levels!

Kiyoko
Shiny_Zorua_BW.gif

Colorful Zorua

LV 1
(-4 +5)

Sex:
Male

Nature:
Beyond Paranoid

Personality:
Why do you want to know?? You must want to capture me!! oh noes!

Moves:

Run (Type Normal)
Hide (Type Normal)
Disguise (Type Abnormal)
Aura Stuff (Type Lucario Stuff)
Dark Stuff (Type Zorua Stuff)
Illusion Stuff (Type Awesome Stuff)

Kiyoko gained 5 levels with the new plot update; not that they'll make any difference.

XD The moves and level killed me :D

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Got my teacher SU ready. :D Took me a while. ^_^

Spoiler:

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
Yellow- yeeeey! Thanks! :D mind if i post tomorrow morning?

It's pretty late so i'm gonna catch some Z's :3 i hope i can get 5 hours sleep now, night!

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
@PkMnTrainer Yellow: Monsters? Oh boy, oh boy! What monsters did you fight? I bet they were thhhiiiiiiiiiisss big! *puts hands as far away from each other as possible*

Seriously though, I had two questions earlier. I don't want to sound impatient as I'm sure that you have a lot of important stuff to do (like fighting monsters). But I'll ask them again:

1. Is it okay if I don't use the five levels right away since Maxwell will catch a Pokémon fairly soon?

2. If Maxwell catches a wild Pokémon, can I tweak its level to be lower than 20?

Dawn

Years
@PinkSapphire: Alright. o.O

@Mr. Mammoth: Allow me to clarify. /All/ of your pokemon get 5 levels. Each.

And you're allowed to make pokemon you catch lower level at will. There's only a maximum limit.

@Meganium90: Awesome! I'll get to it soon.

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Yay! 5 free levels! Kaida really needed them :D

-Grim grew to Lv. 27. She learned Shadow Sneak and Pursuit, and forgot Astonish and Night Shade.
-Starr grew to level 25. He learned Psybeam and forgot Pound.
-Kaida grew to level 9, and learned Bite and Hone Claws
-Biff grew to level 25. He didn't learn any new moves.

Jimmy Vincent
Team

Smokey (Koffing[FONT=&quot]♂[/FONT][FONT=&quot]) – Lv. 35[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ability: Levitate[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Moves: Poison Gas, Smog, Sludge, Psybeam, Selfdestruct, Tackle.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Grim (Duskull♀) – Lv. 27[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ability: Levitate[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Moves: Dark Pulse, Disable, Pain Split, Shadow Sneak, Confuse Ray, Pursuit.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Starr (Drowzee♂) – Lv. 25[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ability: Insomnia[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Moves: Headbutt, Confusion, Psybeam, Hypnosis, Disable, Poison Gas.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Kaida (Druddigon♀) – Lv. 9[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ability: Rough Skin[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Moves: Crush Claw, Scratch, Leer, Hone Claws, Bite.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Biff (Houndour♂) – Lv. 25[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ability: Flash Fire[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Moves: Shadow Ball, Fire Spin, Ember, Howl, Roar, Taunt.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Note: His fur is maroon instead of the usual black.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]And now Alice's team:[/FONT]

-Jello grew to Lv. 14, learning Snatch and Hidden Power in the process.
-Chuck grew to Lv. 20, learning Sludge and Minimize but forgetting Pound and Harden.

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Jello (Solosis ♂) – Lv 14[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Ability: Magic Guard
Moves: Psywave, Rollout, Reflect, Hidden Power, Snatch. [/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Note: He is purple.

Grimer [/FONT][FONT=&quot]♂ - Lv 20[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Ability: Poison Touch
Moves: Sludge Wave, Lick, Minimize, Mud Slap, Sludge, Poison Gas.[/FONT]​

Also, about the type of Hidden Power...Do we shoose a random type or what?
[FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]​

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
SD- nothing much really! :D my character Roxas got accepted~ hey... You haven't noticed the name of Lucario yet...? Obilivio? XD hahahah

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
KAY AWESOME I'll start posting, like, now :D

I'll do like Reader_Maniac did and go to an office inside the Academy and fetch my yellow jacket :3 Xylo's going to hate having to dress in colorful things xD Then I'll go out and train!

So, if we make up NPCs and battle them, do we figure out for ourselves how many levels we get, and then post an update in this thread?

Also when catching pokémon, do we have to wait for the GM's approval before we can consider it a success?

Dawn

Years
For leveling no. There are set leveling rules. Basically? Levels are gained per pokemon.

For wild pokemon you gain 1 level for fighting them. (Only up to level 45 though, at which point wild pokemon stop giving levels and you must battle trainers.)

For regular trainers including NPCs every time a pokemon fights another pokemon, it gets 2 levels.

For any of the champions teaching at the school, 3 levels. (Permission needs to be given to control a champion in battle though.)

For Gary Freaking Oak, 4 levels. (Permission needs to be given to control Gary at all)

In /addition/, a pokemon gains 1 level for fainting. (This means losers level up more than winners. *Wink*)

We the GMs may also choose to hand out extra levels for especially challenging things as well, though that generally only happens the fight is unfair, such as being outnumbered.

So let's say you battle a trainer. You use 1 pokemon. It battles and beats the other trainer's 2 pokemon. You gain 4 levels total for your pokemon.

Let's say you battle the same trainer and use 2 pokemon though, and your first pokemon faints after theirs. Your second pokemon then KOs their second pokemon.

Your first pokemon gains a whopping 5 levels for technically battling 2 pokemon and fainting against the second (2+2+1) and your second pokemon gains 2 levels for coming in and KOing the second.

@Meganium90: Your newest character is approved. Enjoy c:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Yeah ok :3 But I mean, we count our levels ourselves? We don't have to wait for you to tell us how many levels we got?

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
@PkMnTrainer Yellow: No, no, no, I don't mean it like that. I mean that I wanna wait until Maxwell catches that Pokémon so that all of them can gain five leves THEN. BTW, Maxwell has two boxed Pokémon which he doesn't use, do they get EXP as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back