• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Where/when did you meet your closest/best friend(s)?

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
The question is in the title.

I met mine when she was a few days old. She's younger than I am, obviously.

As for online friends, I met a whole mess of good friends on another website just by being there. They were awesome, but I've been banned from the website.

On PC, my (current) friends were met either on DCC or because they sent me a VM to start a conversation. {:

Last edited:

Sandshrew4

Also known as Sandwich
Years
I met my best friend in sixth grade. It was the first day of school, and my old best friend moved to Florida. I recognized a new kid who had shadowed last year, and stepped out of my comfort zone and talked to him. We've been best friends ever since.

Broken_Arrow

Paper Plane
Years
IRL friends...she's actually one close friend i met her in middle school and we hated each others till the first year of high school..then we had to know each others as we shared the same classes....she is awwesome <3

Online friends i met most of them in AnimeNation 3 years ago and we really shared crazy days i'll never forget ..it will stay in my memory book and they're awesome too :33 <3

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Well the closest I've ever been with someone was with my neighbor, at 5 years old. We got together one day cause I threw a rock at him for no reason, well there was a reason I for some reason threw rocks at kids I didn't like and apparently did this to dozens of neighborhood kids, and my mother made us play together and what not. 8 year later we were pretty good friends, always playing video games together, doing stupid stuff, and while he didn't consider me his best friend we still hanged out enough to be close friends. I wonder if he has an account here as we used to play Pokemon a lot...

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
I'm not social in real life. ^^; But I have one real life best friend. Her name is Audrey. We met at a summer music program when I learned she played the viola. We played our DS games together. Eventually I gave her my phone number and we hung out a couple of times that summer and then we thus became best friends from there. We've been best friends for almost five years now! She's one year younger than me, but who cares? Age doesn't matter.

Online I can't pick a best friend because I don't want to hurt one's feelings if I say that one of them is my best friend. Besides I'm super social online so I talk to a lot of people. xD

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
IRL best friend, in 2009 at work.
Online best friend, in 2009 on PC.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
I met my best friend last may at a mother and toddler group, her name is Dani and has a three year old son. Online I do not have one really everyone is my friend online.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Met my two best friends (my roommates) in different ways. The first is a friend from high school; we met in the ninth grade and we've been friends ever since. The other I met on PC (username Aegis) back in... man, I guess 2006 or 2007? We've been close ever since and he moved here from South Carolina for school so now we're roommates. :P

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
I met my 2 best friends irl sometime between 2008 and 2009 back in high school, they've been like brothers to me since.

I met my best friend oti on a forum called AnimeNation sometime in 2010, quite frankly she's the only real reason I still talk to people online lol.

Aeon.

Carrion
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 22, 2016
Seven, almost eight years ago. We met only a few days after the first day of fifth grade and hit it off really fast.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I met my best friend around 2 years ago online. Our relationship has grown since then and now we are a couple.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I met Klippy here on PC the day I was modded. We just kind of instantly clicked. idk if he counts as my best friend anymore since we haven't spoken in over a month or two though. My closest friends as of now are Razor Leaf and Nick, both of which I met here of course. My closest irl friend is Emy, who I met at church in 9th grade. We just started hanging out again last November and it's nice to have a good irl friend again.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I met my best friend at school when I was in ninth grade. I don't remember the exact circumstances of our meeting, but I do remember that I met her through a mutual friend of ours who has long since exited both of our lives.

My other best friend I met at work five months ago today.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I don't really have a best friend per say, but alot good/close friends. So I'll talk about one of my closest friends, a guy named David. I met him at school on our first day of kindergarten and we've been friends ever since. He was my first friend ever.While we're not as close as we used to be , we still talk every so often.
Alot of my other good/close friends I met at school at the youth group I used to go to.

Online , I have alot of close friends to just mention, but I've never met them IRL.Alot of them I meet on Facebook. Though there was one girl I was friends with when I was about 13, that I met on grab.com and then we started chatting on AIM basically everyday.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I met my one and only best friend during grade 4 in primary school in the year 2003. We were just normal friends just like everyone else, but one day she came up to me and asked this exact question: "Do you want to be my best friend?" It remains crystal clear with me as if the incident happened just yesterday. I agreed, of course. We've been best friends for about 13 years already and have stuck together like glue since then. She's one of those people whom I can talk about anything and share my thoughts with. <3

"You and me baby, we're stuck like glue~" ♫

As for PC, I don't want to categorize my friends as I don't want anyone to feel left out or unrecognised. Everyone are my friends and it will always stay this way. <3

Last edited:

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
I met one in kindergarten when I was going over to his house because his mom was watching me for a while. The minute we opened the door, he slid down the stairs on a piece of cardboard and crashed into the wall. He's eight years older than I am, by the way.

Online...I met one on Twitter 6 years ago and two on Tumblr within the past year. They're all good people.

Years
I met my closest friends in school, a couple in high school in the tenth grade in our French class as we bonded over how oblivious our teacher was. Others were in college from living in the same on-campus area and taking Japanese classes.

Sirfetch’d

My best friend from school, Sam, I met on the first day of third grade. He was very shy and I was the first person to talk to him and we were friends ever since. I don't see him anymore which is sad, but he will always be considered my best irl friend.

Online I have many friends, and I am closer to them actually. All of them were met at the Battle Server or here and my first online friend was GolurkIsDaBomb.

Back